It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 209
<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Oh this is interesting. I type "Flu" into google and what is the first thing that pops up? This:

• Wash hands often; cough into a sleeve or tissue.
• Stay home until 24 hours after a fever ends.
• Get vaccinated against both seasonal flu, and H1N1 if recommended.
(My Location in a little search box) And the lovely [Find Nearby Flu Shots!] button!

This combined with a strong radio campaign recently on how to be prepared for emergencies sure perks my interest.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Happy Birthday! Have a martini for me would ya? B-Day aside, I remember reading quite a few threads/posts over the last couple of years, that tamiflu is worthless anyway. There seems to be no definitive proof that it really helps. Word is that it decreases symptom by a day, but how does one prove that? The anti-viral is just an added conspiracy if you ask me. All about the money. It does seem to have one benefit (to the PTB) it has coincidentally been in the system of many teenagers when they have commited suicide. I'm sticking with vitamins, herbs and now onions.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I can't find any indication that any vaccines have been shipped to Ukraine yet. It's only been a few days since the talk began of obtaining them and given the political situation there no one expected any real action to take place for at least another week if ever.

There was a story some of us here were discussing via U2U the first week of the Ukraine outbreak. A rural Dr there who runs a small clinic in one of the villages claimed he arrived to find every one dead or dying except the elderly.

It wasn't reported in the media but had come through a private mail server that only Doctors who are part of a certain Intl public health agency have access to. This isn't the kind of place that rumors float around in, it's purpose is to let these Doctors in different countries monitor new health situations so they can coordinate sending assistance.

Back in April someone at one of the top medical schools in the US told me that "when" (not "if") the swine flu finally shifted to it's most virulent form there would be "bodies in the streets and people will see this by looking out their windows".

I'm not buying the vaccine story, especially with all the other previous instances of that source making predictions and reports that have turned out to be "not true" -but- the description of what is claimed to be going on bothers me after the two incidents I've related.

It would be really nice to have some first hand, reliable information right now.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Russia Today -

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
I can't find any indication that any vaccines have been shipped to Ukraine yet. It's only been a few days since the talk began of obtaining them and given the political situation there no one expected any real action to take place for at least another week if ever.

There was a story some of us here were discussing via U2U the first week of the Ukraine outbreak. A rural Dr there who runs a small clinic in one of the villages claimed he arrived to find every one dead or dying except the elderly.

It wasn't reported in the media but had come through a private mail server that only Doctors who are part of a certain Intl public health agency have access to. This isn't the kind of place that rumors float around in, it's purpose is to let these Doctors in different countries monitor new health situations so they can coordinate sending assistance.

Back in April someone at one of the top medical schools in the US told me that "when" (not "if") the swine flu finally shifted to it's most virulent form there would be "bodies in the streets and people will see this by looking out their windows".

I'm not buying the vaccine story, especially with all the other previous instances of that source making predictions and reports that have turned out to be "not true" -but- the description of what is claimed to be going on bothers me after the two incidents I've related.

It would be really nice to have some first hand, reliable information right now.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by ecoparity]

How does this person know there would be bodies in the streets? Thereis no way to predict that. Is the swine flu going to be like 1918 pandemic? I am scared. I do not want to get the swine flu.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
British labs to ID flu as H1N1, Spanish flu, or another virus.

A Ukraine virus outbreak has been blamed on the swine flu. This strain of the flu has infected 1.4 million people. The death toll, according to the Ukraine Health Ministry, is at 315 people as of November 16, 2009. The World Bank Database gives the estimated population for the Ukraine as a little over 46 million. While the percentages do not appear high, the reported symptoms and contagion patterns of this flu are of concern to some doctors. The virus is being tested at the Medical Research Council laboratories, in Britain.

"We don't believe it's H1N1 swine flu. Neither do we know what kind of pneumonia it is,"states Ukrainian emergency physician Myron Borysevych. The Daily Mail states that doctors are likening this strain of the flu to the Spanish flu, which included internal hemorrhage and edema in the lungs.

Last week, the World Health Organization team working in the Ukraine stated that there would be a second wave of the epidemic. This prediction appears to be coming true. The Ukraine Health Ministry reports 16 new deaths in the past day alone.

Samples of the Ukraine flu virus were provided to a British lab, for testing to conclusively subtype the virus. Learning whether the virus is a mutated form of the H1N1 swine flu, or an entirely new type of flu virus, will help health officials and members of the public take necessary measures for protection from this deadly disease.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"Niagara County health officials have confirmed the death of a Niagara-Wheatfield tenth grader from swine flu. The boy had no underlying health problems before the H1N1 virus claimed his life."

His parents were from Ukraine... Any relatives visit recently?
Niagara County and this boy's school maybe a hot spot to watch if the current mutations are heading state side...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

there's a word for that. it's called coincidence.

as for thousands of people dead on the streets in ukraine... i suspect a hoax. they don't want people to go there and be able to come back and report. on the other hand, it can be truth... but the question is, to which degree? i've said here already recently that blaming vaccines for deaths may fit NWO/WHO agenda much better than letting people know it's the H1N1 that's many more people than reported.

[edit on 19-11-2009 by jedi_hamster]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Seperate link to same story in Niagara County....

[edit on 19-11-2009 by benjahbrubaker]

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
just found same report about thousands dead on the streets in ukraine on polish blog, they're also saying that it's probably a disinfo. seems to me that that information comes from one and same source. i repeat, FROM SAME SOURCE. polish blog has the info from same source as Jane Burgermeister. and what's the difference?

Jane's site: 'A Ukrainian woman who crossed into neighbouring Poland told people there that she had driven into the Ukraine to meet a friend but was stopped about 60 km from the border and told that parts of the Western Ukraine were closed at a distance of about 100 kilometers from the border with Poland.'

polish blog: 'Driving there she stopped 60 km from the border and started talking with locals. They, very excited, advised her that she shouldn't go further because there's a "plague".'

there's a subtle difference between being stopped and stopping on your own, between being told that parts of ukraine are closed and being told that parts of ukraine are full of dead people and ADVISED that you shouldn't go there, isn't it?

Jane's site: 'The woman said the people had died as a result of vaccinations. The vaccines allegedly came from France.'
polish blog: 'They are supposed to be victims of some untested vaccine, that was being applicated there.'

'supposed'
'some'

obviously, such report didn't fit Jane's point of view. really, follow her site, but with HUGE dose of scepticism. i saw more, much more than once, how she bends the facts. i've exchanged few emails with her, she's also often posting some news about poland recently, news that i can verify by reading the source post/article and see if those match. and guess what. it stinks terribly.

[edit]
'bend the facts' - those aren't facts in my opinion, but still. she's changing one disinfo into even bigger disinfo for the sole purpose of fearmongering. check her article about WHO claiming that there's no mutation in H1N1. WHO says clearly, no big mutation. also, they say NOTHING about increased or not virulence of new H1N1 strain. Jane automatically assumed it means new virus is mild and that it has to be some pneumonic plague then. later she posted another info, after i've contacted her about it.

theflucase.com... 3Ahighlighted-news&Itemid=105&lang=en
theflucase.com... &Itemid=105&lang=en

compare for yourself.

she should title that 'Did Jane told the truth about WHO report?', because WHO, as can be seen via following a link in her own post, nowhere claimed it's mild. yet, 'WHO says swine flu has not mutated in the Ukraine: No killer virus' - who is she to say such things? WHO spokeperson? they DIDN'T say that. at least not in the small note she links to.

[edit again]
in case of her source email from poland, noone knows. it may be Jane bending it as well as a bad translation. the fact is, i saw the info in polish and it has a different feeling. and a feeling when one presents such information is everything - people don't care about 'unverified' - they just get scared.

also, Jane doesn't mention that there are webcams in some of those cities and everything looks fine, people are walking on the streets like nothing happened. at least according to that polish blog.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

Didn't she also claim one of the "vaccine riot" drills back in July was going to go live and turn into a forced vaccination / martial law scenario? She was telling people to use violence against the US Government and the police to prevent this "event" that never happened.

Why anyone listens to her about anything is beyond me. She'll report just about anything as fact with zero verification.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

i don't know. what i know is that suggesting any form of violence against the government, unless under extreme conditions, is stupid. they want martial law? let them impose it. lisbon treaty allows them to kill every single person rioting. without arrest, without trial. rioting means giving them weapon into hands. violent rioting means pulling the trigger.

also, check the update of my previous post.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jedi_hamster

I think an event like that would see some photos of some kind coming out. That's why I didn't take the rural village story too seriously either, it just came from a completely unexpected direction.

As for the dire predictions, people are just basing those on the historic records of the 1918 virus when the bodies piled up faster than they knew what to do with them. They eventually lined them up in the streets for pick up and burial in mass graves.

FEMA seems to have all that worked out for us here in the US though. They have plenty of large spaces set aside and industrial sized cremation furnaces too.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.kyivpost.com...

To save lives, nation still needs to learn many lessons from flu epidemic
Yesterday at 22:14 | Kateryna Grushenko Kateryna Grushenko writes that health-care officials should quit provincial thinking and start acting in the interests of Ukraine’s population.

The nation gave a sigh of relief when Ukrainian politicians – Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko and ex-Prime Minister Victor Yanukovich, among them - repeated the message from the World Health Organzation: The swine flu here is not a deadly mutant strain and the situation is not appreciably worse than in neighboring Russia and Poland.

Tensions will probably be eased as the news media find other topics to focus on. The three-week flu frenzy will come to an end, but, unfortunately, not the epidemic. The flu season is at its beginning and there will many more people sick and dead.

The last three weeks, however, were very important for the future of the nation. They revealed major failures, weaknesses and mistakes. There will be more of that to come as we confront the flu epidemic simultaneously with the economic crisis. But there are some fundamental conclusions that can be drawn already and, hopefully, lessons learned. Here are some of them:
The first lesson is to improve health care
True faces of politicians who wear masks
Importance of teaching how to combat disease
Adopt the best international approaches to health care
Results of ignorance are now obvious

There was also one remark after the conference that killed my confidence in Ukraine’s mental progress and international integration. After one of Ukraine’s medical officials delivered his successful speech, his assistant was approached and asked where they can find a copy of the speech. To which she answered very proudly: “You know, it’s intellectual property.” Information of national importance that should have been spread and publicized was treated as top secret or a commercial commodity. This is so wrong.

Ukraine is a young and developing democracy. But coming of age shouldn’t be an excuse. Teen-like vanity and provincial thinking of its healthcare officials has prevented the country from setting the right goals in the sector and achieving them. The recent flu epidemic gives them a good chance to learn from their mistakes and reverse the trend.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I live in NYC. A friend of mine has been sick for a couple of days. Then her little boy got sick. She took him to a pediatrician. They said he's fine but did a nose swab on her. She has swine flu. She went to her regular doctor. They did tests. She has pneumonia on top of it.
I know it's not the Ukraine but figured people might want to know. She just found out today.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Apparently the UN and WHO leaned on the political structure of Ukraine.

When the WHO manipulated the death figures in previous Nation's outbreaks I found it reprehensible but it wasn't unexpected and though one can make an argument for the under reporting causing potential harm it was an indirect effect if any.

Watching them claim there are "no changes" in the virus after numerous researchers have verified the receptor domain change shift really takes me by surprise. They were always dishonest but at least you knew exactly what they would and wouldn't lie about.

This is a new low for them.

If the same upswing in deaths attributed to lung problems continues they will bear the responsibility directly this time. I can only hope people will realize this and demand accountability at some point in the near future.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedi_hamster
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

there's a word for that. it's called coincidence.

as for thousands of people dead on the streets in ukraine... i suspect a hoax. they don't want people to go there and be able to come back and report. on the other hand, it can be truth... but the question is, to which degree? i've said here already recently that blaming vaccines for deaths may fit NWO/WHO agenda much better than letting people know it's the H1N1 that's many more people than reported.

I suspect a hoax too! Why aren't we seeing this new 'deadly' version in many other countries yet?

When we first heard about the H1N1 flu back in April, it didn't take long before reports were coming from many countries that it had spread very quickly to outside of Mexico.

It's been over 3 weeks since reports started coming from Ukraine (28th Oct) about a suspected 'new' version of the flu or some other virus. Although it's reported that it's spreading fast, throughout Ukraine, we're not hearing much that this 'new' deadly form has spread to other countries. Why is it spreading fast inside Ukraine but not spreading to other countries rapidly, like the original version did back in April?

Where I live, in southern Spain, there's lots of kids off school with coughs, colds and tummy bugs but I don't know anyone personally that is seriously ill with flu and no-one I know, knows of anyone that is seriously affected.

Sure, countries are reporting an increase of people with flu like symptoms (they're not testing so can't say for sure it's H1N1) but at this time of year surely that is to be expected? I still just don't see anything locally or hear of anything back in my home country (Britain) that represents anything like we're hearing about in Ukraine and I just wonder if someone can explain why it hasn't rapidly spread to other countries like the original version of H1N1 did back in April?

My opinions, at the moment, on what I've read so far:-

I've read the posts about the spraying but really struggle to believe that this is to intentionally infect people. However, that might explain why it doesn't seem to have spread rapidly out of Ukraine. I just struggle to believe that any of this is intentionally to reduce the population.

I don't think this virus has been man made to kill off large amounts of the population.

I don't think the vaccine has been designed to intentionally kill off large amounts of the population.

I do think that there's a lot of money to be made from anti-virals and vaccinations and there's an opportunity to make a lot more money from people's fears.

At the moment my family aren't planning to have the vaccine due to the shear lack of testing. In the past I had serious side effects and ended up in hospital from supposedly tested, prescribed medication and it's made me very, very cautious of any medications now. (No the side effects I had weren't listed on the insert). However, I'm watching Ukraine with interest because I would us the vaccine in a heartbeat if/when I see a serious need to protect my children and the vaccine odds are better than the flu one.

Once again - I know emotions are running high on this thread and I'm not trying to stir things up. I'm sure there are many of us following this thread for information and we have no inside knowledge or medical backgrounds. Some of us are just collecting info to try and make informed decisions about our own families - no other agenda.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It is so frustraiting with the vaccine. I haven't made up my mind just yet. Either way it seems to be a some kind of risk. They are giving it to healthy children and students here now. (They are also investigating two miscarriages after vaccine...) 11 has died in H1N1 and at least one of them, 2 year old child, was vaccinated.

It's so difficult to decide, because I have to make a decision for my own little children as well. Not that I'm afraid of this flu, but what is going to happen, are they planing something? are they not? Is it just all about the money? So many different theories are out there, which one to believe?

All this I've had a "bad feeling" with the vaccine, no reason, just a feeling. Maybe I should trust that, but on the other hand, I would like to decide with sense, not with some "feelings".

Any latest numbers from Ukraine? Other countries?

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Maya00a

officially, there are over 13000 infected and 5 dead from new H1N1 strain from ukraine, in poland. ukraine was in my opinion a test, test of how deadly the new strain is. it's not a paradise, people don't go there for vacations like they do in case of mexico, so it was a perfect choice to study it. it worked, now they're spreading it in other countries. there are numerous reports of sprayings, in poland, in austria and other countries as well. first death case in poland took place one day after the sprayings.

according to unofficial information, situation in poland is much worse. noone knows about true death toll, but it was reported in one debate on TV that number of people infected with new H1N1 strain already crossed 100000, and i still consider that to be underestimated. they're saying that according to initial statistics, H1N1 spreads in poland 3 times faster than in ukraine when it started there. TV, radio stations, web portals, all are silent and repeat government BS like statements from minister of health that those deaths were caused by 'other illnesses', while it's confirmed that they all had H1N1 and died from pneumonia (this new strain attacks lungs).

yes, it's a hoax. but not because the virus isn't deadly, no. it's a hoax because there's a massive psyop in motion to prevent panic, situation is far more serious than reported.

new topics

<< 206  207  208    210  211  212 >>

join