It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 155
<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

Dang, squiz, you keep coming up with the best evidence. Thanks so much for the link to the Unsolved Mysteries video on Army testing rain for vectoring infections...

I found a direct link to the actual medical publication about Inluenza used as a Bioweapon here www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Influenza is usually transmitted by direct contact but can also be transmitted by aerosol (e.g. on a passenger plane).11 Indeed, international transmission is increasingly frequent. Notably, aerosol transmission of influenza requires up to 27 000 times fewer virions to induce equivalent disease.12 Taken together with the fact that influenza virus is readily accessible and may be causing more deaths than previously suspected, the possibility for genetic engineering and aerosol transmission suggests an enormous potential for bioterrorism.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
New numbers released, with another 15 deaths. Total deaths now 189.

www.moz.gov.ua...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Hi there...

Yes I interviewed Doctor Seeman today and he was agreeable to it being video recorded and knows it will be put on this website. Also means that now I can release his name.

He had some interesting comments on some matters. However, he did not have any special info about the Ukraine epidemic. This surprised me. I asked if the ministry here had said anything and he said they hadn't. Overall he seemed not overly concerned about the Ukraine situation. If it was really serious I think he'd know and also he'd say so.

When asked he did say, though, that closing borders (as Slovakia has been doing) was pointless as it won't stop the infection's spread. He agreed it had mainly a psychological value.

He had an interesting comment about situations where tested animals die unexpectedly (as they did here in the Baxter event). He wasn't relating it especially to Baxter but coming from him it was a bit of a bombshell. However I'd rather not say too much now. Best if you see/hear what he says when the video is post-edit ready (subtitles as some is in Czech) and uploaded here on ATS.

Now I have to write a U2U or two...

Mike

[edit on 10/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I posted a thread about the swine flu and worries over the blood supply here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
There's another reason why the Ukraine sequences may not ever be released - money.

You know, that's a fantastic point I never even thought of, ecoparity. It's also a point of interest with me. I started reading about this sort of thing (the human body, cells, organs, etc and patent laws) awhile back and find it all most disturbing (but, that should be left for another thread). I never once stopped to think about the ramifications of that in this area. However, are you sure it is the country and not the lab that has the right to the patent for the sequences?
I need to do some research...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Thanks, Mike. Can't wait to hear what you've got. Thanks for the heads-up!
Second line.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Government has known about atmospheric aerosol dispersion of influenza since 1989, before Bush Sr. even gave his speech on the NWO in 1991.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Impact of atmospheric dispersion and transport of viral aerosols on the epidemiology of influenza.

Current theories of influenza viral epidemiology have not explained the persistence, seasonality, and explosive outbreaks of virus over large geographic areas. It is postulated in this paper that atmospheric dispersion and intercontinental scale transport of airborne aerosolized influenza virus may contribute to the spread, persistence, and ubiquity of the disease, the explosiveness of epidemics, and the prompt region-wide occurrence of outbreaks and that seasonal changes in circulation patterns and the dispersive character of the atmosphere may help to explain the regular annual cycle of influenza activity.

The article:

Influenza as a bioweapon

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

They used the first article ^^^^ as their site when they claimed:

Influenza is usually transmitted by direct contact but can also be transmitted by aerosol (e.g. on a passenger plane).11

11. Hammond GW, Raddatz RL, Gelskey DE. Impact of atmospheric dispersion and transport of viral aerosols on the epidemiology of influenza. Rev Infect Dis 1989;11: 494-7 [PubMed]

Also, I found another article from 2003, also made by the fine folks in Texas, on pub-med, but you have to pay to see it:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The potential use of influenza virus as an agent for bioterrorism.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Good finds, seattle. What kind of sick f___s sit around thinking, "You know that horrible flu I caught last week? I wonder if we could weaponize it...."
"GREAT IDEA! Here's a million dollars."

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Apparently, Bulgaria has 6 dead now and is closing schools:

markcrispinmiller.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Found a good baseline number for California:

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Tracking antiviral prescriptions for swine flu
November 10, 2009 | 12:09 pm

While the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention tracks the progress of pandemic H1N1 influenza infections by monitoring deaths and hospitalizations, the Food and Drug Administration monitors its progress by tracking prescriptions for the antivrial drugs that are used to treat severe cases: Tamiflu, Relenza and, to a much lesser extent, rimantidine and amantadine. Such prescriptions give an indication of the number of severe cases of influenza. While the FDA doesn't release the data, the company that compiles it, Wolters Kluwer Pharma Solutions of Bridgewater, N.J., has agreed to provide some of the data to The Times.

During the week ending Oct. 23, the most recent week for which data is available, 14,673 prescriptions for the drugs were filled in California, an increase of 18.27% from the week before. The vast majority of those prescriptions were for Tamiflu, which is the drug most physicians use to treat severe influenza. The total included 5,403 prescriptions in the Los Angeles/Long Beach/Santa Ana region, a 33% increase from the week before; 1,150 in Riverside/San Bernardino/Ontario, a modest 1.4% increase; and 1,531 in San Diego/Carlsbad/San Marcos, a 38% increase. San Francisco/Oakland/Fremont had a 65% increase to 690 prescriptions, while Modesto had a 105% increase to 39. Bakersfield had an 11% decline to 554 prescriptions, while Yuba City, Merced, Susanville and Stockton all showed modest declines.

Nationwide, prescriptions were up 25%, according to Wolters Kluwer chief executive Mark Spiers. Most notable were a 168% increase in the New England states and a 120% increase in the mid-Atlantic, which tracks well with data from the CDC. Prescriptions were also up 85% in the upper Midwest. Prescriptions were down nearly 8% in the Mountain West and 21% in the South Central region.

-- Thomas H. Maugh II

I'll update if and when they do.

edit to add link

[edit on 10-11-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

It would be interesting to know how many of the purchase come from people like us who are aware that H1N1 is spreading around the Ukraine and how many come from people who are sick. I know doctors are only supposed to give prescriptions to those who are sick but we know that's not always the case.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

Good finds, seattle. What kind of sick f___s sit around thinking, "You know that horrible flu I caught last week? I wonder if we could weaponize it...."

Of course they looked at flu as a bioweapon, just like every other pathogen you can imagine has been examined as a potential weapon at some time.

The conclusions on influenza as a weapon were not "good" for their purposes. The virus is uncontrollable. A bioweapon has to be stable, slow or preventable mutation and so on. It has to be able to be limited to a target area - the flu virus is not any of the things they desire.

If the responsible party is suicidal, however the existing samples of various pandemic grade flus out there would be devastating. Quite a few studies were aimed at defense which looks a lot like offensive use as they work out transmission methods which could be used.

I keep waiting for someone else to see the big picture on this thing but as a community we conspiracy research types tend to follow more often than not. I'm surprised by that, actually.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Yeah, that's the problem with raw numbers: you know a percentage is for future use, but how much is it?

On the other hand there's probably a lot who need it but can't afford it: how many prescriptions were written as opposed to filled? Then those who can't afford a doctor's visit, a number not to be discounted in this economy.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Made a video on the CDC articles on Influenza as a bioweapon by use of atmospheric aerosol dispersion.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I've been pointing this out since last April. You can check the forums on the early reports.

Flu is completely useless as a bioweapon precisely because it is uncontrollable by its very nature. Anyone crazy enough to try to use it as such most likely wouldn't have the skills to bioengineer it in the first place, and you couldn't compartmentalize it because anyone competent enough to work on it would know what it was.

Who is going to use a weapon that will just as likely kill them as anyone else.

Well, ok, who besides religious nutjobs?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by really

The kind that wants to make millions of dollars and be a big shot with the inner circle.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Jez that mike guy is such a tease. Dr. S and the bombshell and then he signs off. Sheesh. ;-)

Closing borders is useless in stopping spread, used for psychological affect. That points to the Ukraine government using this event for political posturing again.

Best wishes. We have over 100 cases but no death on a campus of 1500 and it's not even Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It would be very helpful if you posted an actual link to the material in addition to your analysis of it, just a suggestion.

The groups you mention are all high level think tanks involved in bio warfare defense, especially against bio weapons used by terrorists. I don't see anything in the article that doesn't fit that overall purpose - the study of ways terrorists could use influenza in an attack.

I suppose it can be read any number of ways but I encourage you to continue the thought process of tracing all the elements required to use influenza as a weapon and avoid detection. I'll save my take on that for another thread since the topic of this thread isn't really meant for it.

It's only a matter of time until a terrorist group manages to use a bio-weapon in a large scale attack. There have already been several small incidents. All it takes is money and quite a few groups have plenty of that.

[edit on 10-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Exactly. I don't claim to be some genius or something, I had other people pointing that out but there is a conspiracy in this pandemic, not just as simple or obvious of one as people think.

I'm guilty of the same thing, I looked in the same direction but luckily I had some help in looking a bit deeper. When I finish the research I'll start a dedicated thread for it, however. I would love for others to reach the same conclusions though, I can't help but delay things as I wonder if I've made a mistake (since I feel very alone in my conclusions).

I'm getting the impression there may be a few others on the same path though, thanks to your post.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just checked back at questioningall's site. Interesting tidbit with an email response about this with Clif High of the webbot. I guess the Oct. 24-26 big to do, fits with this situation. Interesting and mentions the upcoming Olympics as a problem too.

sherriequestioningall.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 152  153  154    156  157  158 >>

join