It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 150
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

You'd have a point if they had actually been testing people. Due to lack of proper test kits this just wasn't the case.

Now that a proper testing lab is in place I think you'll see an end to the anomalous results.

For me, the sickest patients are the ones who died and they along with the ones still living all had testing samples taken. The one thing all the alternate pathogens I've seen theorized have in common is that they are easily detectable using equipment and techniques already in place in Ukraine.

If it really were something else or another pathogen at work we'd have that information by now. Dr Niman is concerned about the other possibility according to his viewpoint, that everyone will either test for the current flu or test negative due to a substantial mutation of the flu. That's why he's pushing so hard for the sequences to be released, (besides the other more obvious reasons).

You're right though, he absolutely believes this is swine flu and nothing else in 99 percent of the cases. He's the virologist though and so far I haven't seen any virologists disagree with him on that point.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Belarus closes all schools amid swine flu cases.
Also announces a state of Emergency at its borders with Ukraine.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

According to this article 102 cases of swine flu and 20 deaths. 20% ? Not much info to go on, but this shows we are all keeping an eye on something important here. Everyone keep up the good work, I don't have the time to do the research but appreciate that so many of you do.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes its not so easy getting info out of Belarus-the state monitors the internet,but given the situation its probably news that the GOV wants airing.
Belarus,like Ukraine has big economic problems.
The president has recently visited Ukraine where there was agreements made between him and Yushenko.
Many observers saw this as a gateway for Belarus to heal rifts with Moscow-tensions have been running high,firstly because of Belarus support for ex soviet states in the face of Moscows annoyance with,and also Moscows refusals to give Belarus a $500m loan.
It will be very interesting to see if the Belarus president seeks help from Europe or else Russia if the swine flu gets bad.
The president has famously always played Russia and Europe to its own advantage-but we now see Lukashenko trying to broker relations through Ukraine.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Are there any news about sample test yet? Any official mutation findings?
I heard about vaccine rumours and this kind of things should be dealt really carefully. It's about dealing with thousands of lives. Is there clear proof that vaccine is harmful? I don't think it's possible for all the doctors to lie about it. If these rumours are just a hoax, it can kill people by not taking it. It seems that many people are taking it too easy and irresponsible on talking about this issue.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm interested in the official findings from the WHO tests, as well. Hasn't it been a week since samples were taken?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Hi Angiras,

good post. Thanks.

Just like to comment that PM Tymoshenko is using stats for the first three quarters of 2007, which if put alongside the current figures for the latest outbreak make things look none to bad. However, this latest outbreak really took off only a couple of weeks ago and has infected around 1 million people in that time. It's still way too early for comparisons like this to be used to argue the position she is taking. In my humble opinion. And in any case, total figures don't always tell the whole story. Infection rates and virulence are also important factors.

In other words, if it's really just a pretty regular outbreak as she appears to claim it beats me why things happened so darned fast. But that's just my take on it which could well be off-track.

But because we should at least have that data that she refers to, I did a dig through the Ukraine Ministry of Health's previous years to check what they actually said back in 2007. I found some stuff that is interesting and members who want to check it out might find this report a good starting point. Just a note for members: when reading it through please don't confuse "morbidity" (infection rate) with "mortality" or you'll scare yourself sh... errrmm... a lot.

One thing that I found significant is that the flu vaccination rate for Ukraine in that year was about 1% (ONE percent)!

Also take care not to confuse figures for all illnesses with those for flu/ARI, otherwise... well, like I said above...

I found it in their press releases (which is where the latest data charts are as well), on this page. You can find it by its release date of Oct 8. (The order's date is Oct 5.)

A search in the later (by date) pages will likely yield a full report for 2007 so if someone can find it and post the link for it, that would be excellent.

But yes, 2007 was a bad year, health-wise. 2006 was their lowest infection rate year since 1970. For flu/ARI, anyway.

Like to say more now but have to go into work for a while.

Oh btw you can use the google add-on (or plug-in or whatever it is) in Mozilla to translate the page for you. It's not too awful, says my wife. Gives you the gist at least. (She can read Russian and understands Ukrainian quite well.) If you don't have Mozilla and use windoze IE then I have no idea what you do as I never use IE.

Quick reminder. I have the interview with "Doctor S" scheduled for tomorrow. Please send me a U2U if you have any questions for him. If you post them in the thread I might miss them and it also makes it harder for me to collate the list of questions.

His area of expertise is epidemiology and virology so questions relating to that would be most welcome. Others I can try, time permitting.

The key things I hope to ask him about are the Baxter "tainted vaccine" scandal and what he knows and can opine about the current situation in Ukraine -- and of course his take on what may happen next.

If you don't know what the "Doctor S" thing is all about just ask and one of our members can fill you in.

I must fly. Catch you later.

Mike

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Interesting post Mike,I was thinking the same.Tymoshenko appears to be using these illustrations as some sort of defensive or justification.The speed of developments since October 30 (which is only 10 days) is staggering.

Some are suggesting on ATS that there is a news blackout and we are still not being given true figures,but given the political situation and the differences I think perhaps this scenario actually gives more info than would normally be available-its just which side you believe-from Lushenko.Tymoshenko and the WHO.???????

The Ukraine situation has all its neigbours watching even if the West dont appear too concerned.
Poland has reported demand for masks, has increased supplies-coupled with actions taken by Belarus,Slovakia and Moldova...plus the increase in cases in Russia-make this a very different scenario than was the case on October 30th.

Looking forward to your report from Dr.S-as indeed I am sure are so many.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
unbelievable yesterday someone posted a lengthy article relating to mystery virus seemed to explain a whole lot and today; people ask questions relating to things, not grasping around stats and figures with- no responses and no replies, including the one re: beliefs in" depopulation "legal mass murder and again; several on here that love throwing out stats and figures ignore this! isn't just about figures, it's a virus folks; fixing to kill us and we are discussing the weather maybe we should discuss football and the scores there too wow of course canada alaska , oregon, california, anything so far with u.s. has not even been answered just stats .figures- is there human life out there that is more interested in the event of tragedy and more human life or is the numbers more exciting / this is b---------

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BLUESHADOW747

i don;lt know could be virus or bateriu m infectious disease; probably neither we jus twait and see down in TX OK LA and , MO they see trails fixin n sky all the time but again who r aelly knows jus saying! how can any one ingore this for any long r but really figures it could be what they fear/. excity not really but don't wait or it could be too much too wrory about; right----?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
American-Ukranian support group send 300,000 masks to Lviv region.

www.kyivpost.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by nikiano

Yes the anthrax attack in 2001 was also dependent on air. Some people were infected who weren't the intended receiver of the letters. A second hand case happened in Connecticut which makes me think that a letter containing anthrax was sent to a Bush residence.

Anyone suspect the source yet?
Looking into Pakistans biological arsonal?

It's been proven that the anthrax was weapons grade, traced back to CIA.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by c.h.e.m.t.r.a.i.l.s.

have you taken the SWINE FLU VACCINE just curious tex-arkaienia

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BLUESHADOW747
unbelievable yesterday someone posted a lengthy article relating to mystery virus seemed to explain a whole lot and today; people ask questions relating to things, not grasping around stats and figures with- no responses and no replies, including the one re: beliefs in" depopulation "legal mass murder and again; several on here that love throwing out stats and figures ignore this! isn't just about figures, it's a virus folks; fixing to kill us and we are discussing the weather maybe we should discuss football and the scores there too wow of course canada alaska , oregon, california, anything so far with u.s. has not even been answered just stats .figures- is there human life out there that is more interested in the event of tragedy and more human life or is the numbers more exciting / this is b---------

In the 150 pages so far theres been lots of discussions aside from stats and figures,lots of opinions thoughts and possible real case scenarios which have contributed to or been the introduction of,this flu Ukraine is witnessing.
The diversity of thought and suggestions is what makes a discussion forum isnt it ?
I think most on this forum are perfectly aware its a virus and how serious it is.
To compare it to discussions of weather or Football is a little unfair-most of the posters are interesting in sharing updates and observing latest news.
Statistics and figures contribute vastly since they can be reconciled.
Just my 20p worth.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

that's interesting and you have a point in some fairness but, what is unusual is someone will post a great article or vast info and ask a question or simply get on here to ask a question and seen time after time they go unanswered but, if it relates to latest stats or figures it gets jumped on! I cannot help my attitude at this time given the dire circumstances especially children, women and people that in this un-GODLY situation I am trying to a have a decent outlook but, just look at the common fast running pace of crunching numbers as opposed to many takes on this also this has been voiced by other posters as well, again it gets ignored but thanks for listening.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BLUESHADOW747

"just look at the common fast running pace of crunching numbers as opposed to many takes on this also"

crunching numbers.... as opposed to what?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
latest info I've been able to find:

translate.google.com...

Despite reports of the the peak of the epidemic as having passed, the numbers are still increasing.

I think that careful reading of the official statements will show that politico-speak is at work here: it may be true that the peak of the epidemic has passed in the regions it originally broke out in. However, that doesn't mean the same thing as saying it has passed for the country as a whole. Best guess is lots more yet to come.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by c.h.e.m.t.r.a.i.l.s.

as opposed to answering direct questions regarding all regions of the world and how this can be presented to the many other people in the world and that when given several examples via video and other people posting along with the fact I get on here to see updates re: news in the world not, specific sets of stats all the time some people have time for it I am trying to see what everyone's outlook is and see what the world is doing as a whole - interested in a lot of posts that went unanswered something that is very odd is that the numbers are not going to solve anything they only COMPARE to things.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
translate.google.com...

That is days old.
I already pointed you to the most up-to-date numbers once today.

Here you go...again:
www.moz.gov.ua...

You can find future updates and up-to-date numbers here as they are released:
www.moz.gov.ua...

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join