It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 149
<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by martin3030

This is the type of comparative data I have been looking for. If the figures are correct, they indicate that the current outbreak is less severe than a similar outbreak in 2007, during the same time frame, and that the current event is being "hyped" by our heightened awareness of the H1N1 threat.

These figures must be public, so I doubt that the PM is making them up for political purposes. But the H1N1 hype is undoubtedly being used "all around the world" for political purposes.

Even so, given Dr. Nimian's evaluation of the situation, and the possibility that there might be a genome replacement in the H1N1 strain, the situation continues to be worth watching closely.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Bulgaria send medics to assist in Ukraine

www.novinite.com...

Bulgaria themselves have 150,000 cases recorded and on November 6th announced emergency measures.
Story can be read from same source as above.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras
reply to post by martin3030

This is the type of comparative data I have been looking for. If the figures are correct, they indicate that the current outbreak is less severe than a similar outbreak in 2007, during the same time frame, and that the current event is being "hyped" by our heightened awareness of the H1N1 threat.

These figures must be public, so I doubt that the PM is making them up for political purposes. But the H1N1 hype is undoubtedly being used "all around the world" for political purposes.

Even so, given Dr. Nimian's evaluation of the situation, and the possibility that there might be a genome replacement in the H1N1 strain, the situation continues to be worth watching closely.

Yes agreed-everyone is aware of the political manipulations-but its no coincedence that Yulia chooses to quote these figures AFTER there was questions of the election being postponed-she is currently favourite to win the election,although there has been an additional 2 stalk horses registered as candidates as the deadline approached-bringing the total candidates to 16.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
WHO staff review pandemic prevention steps in Ukraine

The WHO team of experts has continued its work in Ukraine over the weekend. While four members continued investigations in Lviv – one of the most affected regions in the country – two others travelled 100 km west of the capital, Kyiv, to Zhytomyr: a medium-sized city and a regional (oblast) capital. The health authorities there have invested resources in preparing for the pandemic in line with the central Government’s guidelines.

The two team members went to the area, along with WHO’s representative in Ukraine, to see how a typical region prioritizes action to prevent an outbreak of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza.

A total of 1.3 million people live in the wider Zhytomyr oblast, explained the head of the oblast health administration to the WHO team. As of 7 November 2009, nearly 20 000 people had reported acute respiratory illness (ARI) in the previous 8 days. The region confirmed an ARI epidemic 2 days ago, with the numbers breaching a defined threshold (set using the weekly ARI incidence for the past 10 years).

There are 747 hospital beds earmarked for infectious patients (406 are designated for children) and a contingency plan is in place to allocate an extra 1415 beds at extremely short notice. The emergency response plan also includes the transformation of one hospital into a dedicated treatment and care unit for pandemic (H1N1) 2009 influenza.

Hospital beds are just one part of the arsenal. Health administrators have stockpiled medication for every hospital in the oblast, equipping each with enough medication to treat patients for at least 10 days and giving them access to extra medication if stocks run out. The hospital stores also include protective equipment, such as surgical masks for staff and patients, and much other equipment that can help combat a major outbreak. Implementation of the emergency plan is still on hold, but hospital and health officials are confident that they have done all that they could in the planning stage, which began in April 2009 with WHO’s announcement of a possible pandemic.

Web sites have been set up that provide both general and technical information that the public can easily access, alongside the latest recommendations for all the 30 000 health staff employed in the oblast. Twenty-four-hour hotlines are open for communication with the public, and extra lines and staff are ready to take calls if a major outbreak occurs. After touring three hospitals, the WHO team leader said, “We still cannot accurately predict what kind of impact the H1N1 virus will have, but from the preparations I’ve seen today in this one part of Ukraine, it’s clearly a priority for public health.”

Ukraine is going into full blown, doomsday plus one scenario response. A shortage of hospital beds, medication, medical staff and ventilators is the real danger now. Without those things hundreds if not thousands of victims could die who would otherwise survive with proper medical intervention.

I'm still trying to get official confirmation on the water shortage and if it is impacting any cities other than Lviv and the surrounding oblast. Water supplies will probably continue to be diverted for hospitals which will make the treatment of those able to stay at home a risky proposition. This will also continue to worsen the spread of the infection.

Doctors in the Ukraine have commented that the huge number of pneumonia cases in patients who did not actually suffer from severe cytokine storm reactions, (in which the lungs are damaged so badly the patient develops pneumonia due to the internal wounds and fluids within the lungs, making it very easy for bacterial infection to follow) are developing the secondary infection who likely would not have with proper medical intervention, especially antibiotics.

The wide-spread use of home remedies in the Ukraine is blamed for keeping patients out of the hospitals and clinics until they are already suffering pneumonia to the point of being near death.

Hopefully the contributing factors in Ukraine are so unique as to make this level of outbreak a phenomena limited to the region. Current expectations and evidence of a slight mutation in the virus may not result in the same situation in other countries.

Ukraine Conditions and Contributing Factors:

1. Cold weather with high humidity

2. Water shortages resulting in two hours of running water in the a.m. and perhaps another two in the p.m.

3. Culture in which patients use home remedies and delay seeking medical care until it's too late.

4. No vaccination program

5. Shortage of antiviral medications

6. Almost no H1N1 test kits in country prior to this week, 200 or 2000 kits said to be in country are type with less than 50% detection accuracy.

7. Widespread rumors of other pathogens is contributing to people not seeking care and not getting vaccinated in numbers sufficient to curtail the spread of the virus, so far.

8. Political climate effecting efforts to secure needed materials and distribution of them to the populace.

9. One, perhaps two small mutations of the virus which make it easier to jump hosts and bind to host receptors (higher infection rate of persons exposed), exact impact cannot be determined at this time and may never be accurately calculated given the number of contributing factors.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Who recommends Ukraine vaccinate all those seen to be vulnerable once the anti-virus is available.
WHO have pledged to assist Ukraine to get supplies.

www.interfax.com.ua...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am just talking to my OH on skype-she is in central part.
I have asked if there are any problems with water shortages-she said no and knows nothing about this.
She has relatives all over Ukraine and so is keeping in touch to listen out for info from other regions.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
I have asked if there are any problems with water shortages-she said no and knows nothing about this.
She has relatives all over Ukraine and so is keeping in touch to listen out for info from other regions.

The issues are in Lviv. Just from google I've found numerous articles about it, the city is notorious for it and has been for a long time.

Last year they had an outbreak of Hepatitis A that infected 42 including children due to using non potable water during a peak shortage.

Hep A outbreak, 2008

www.lvivtoday.com.ua...

A resident of Lviv on another discussion forum brought my attention to the fact they were under rationing while the current outbreak occurred.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Dr H Niman - Commentary, "Melting Lungs"

Commentary

Total Destruction of Lungs in Ukraine Fatal H1N1 Cases

Recombinomics Commentary 04:22 November 9, 2009

The symptoms are observed at different stages of disease - a fever with a temperature over 38 C, cough, respiratory disorders. When cough was characterized by negligible allocation phlegm or dry unproductive cough with blotches of blood. All the patients come to hospital on average by 3-7 days of onset, were in serious condition.

Period of time from onset to death averaged from 4 to 7 days. In all patients during a hospital for signs of respiratory insufficiency of various degrees, which quickly rose and manifested accelerated respiration rate, shortness of breath and effectiveness of independent breathing. X-ray studies were performed on 1-2 day hospitalization. Most patients experienced a double-headed particles of lower lung lesion, followed by a trend towards total destruction.

The above translation is from an announcement today from the Ukraine Ministry of Health describe 90 fatalities (see map) associated with community acquired pneumonia. The full report included the age distribution, which exactly match distribution reported previously by other countries for swine H1N1. 52/90 fatalities were in the age group of 19-40, followed by 26/90 in the 41-55 age group.

Coughing up blood followed the "total destruction" of lungs again gives a clinical picture of hemorrhagic pneumonia caused by H1N1 swine flu. However, although the 90 recent fatalities described above are clearly due to H1N1, many reports continue to cite a low number of H1N1 lab confirmed cases, which is more reflective of limited testing than actual cases. Earlier reports cited pneumonia deaths not associated with the influenza/ARI category and the basis for the classification of approximately half of such deaths into a separate category remains unclear.

The above description of these fatalities increase the need for the immediate release of sequences from H1N1 isolated from the lungs of these fatal cases.

Samples were sent to Mill Hill a week ago and only a minimal description (no "large" changes and no anti-viral resistance) of the sequence data. As the number of reports of sequences with receptor binding domain changes in isolates from lungs of fatal H1N1 cases increase, the need for full and rapid disclosure of sequences from large outbreaks such as the one in Ukraine become a major health care imperative.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

Originally posted by martin3030

The issues are in Lviv. Just from google I've found numerous articles about it, the city is notorious for it and has been for a long time.

Last year they had an outbreak of Hepatitis A that infected 42 including children due to using non potable water during a peak shortage.

Hep A outbreak, 2008

www.lvivtoday.com.ua...

A resident of Lviv on another discussion forum brought my attention to the fact they were under rationing while the current outbreak occurred.

Yes understood-I was just saying that it was not something that was being seen widespread.
Although its not uncommon for this to happen at any time-the heating has only just been restored for people in central region after being off for almost 3 months.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

The new Superflu's act like "Ebola on steroids," as we noticed several years ago. ...The line actually was used in a recent H1N1 documentary on GEO channel.

When these flu bugs take hold, it's not just the lungs that hemorrhage, but most or all the major organs. As Niman says, the organs "melt." ...The bugs just eat them, starting with fibroblast cells and connective tissues.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

The exact same symptoms were seen in the 1918 swine flu. I haven't found much in the way of explanation why this type of flu has those effects so much more than others. (Any flu virus can do this but from what I can tell they don't anywhere near as often).

We get a flu like this every 20 years or so and this one has been far overdue.

Martin: I forgot to add that to the list, I did read that heating is more of a centralized service in Ukraine and that it had come on late this year.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Nice links.
I especially like the truth in this post:
"After the plague, the world's population will be dramatically reduced, and those left alive will be under-informed, traumatized and compliant. The Bilderbergs and eugenicists will be satisfied, and well-positioned to continue ruling the world."

But this thread is more dedicated to tracking to stats.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Suspected swine flu is sweeping a traditional Eskimo whaling village on a remote Alaska island — prompting an urgent medical mission to deliver help.
"Diomede is probably the most isolated place in the United States right now," said David Head, a doctor involved in the effort.

This is very concerning. I'm from Alaska, and I know this part of the country very well. It's very remote. My parents had friends from Diomede. Very odd this would start up there.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know Alaska very well at all, but I thought...how on earth would it get there? I know that in the 1918 epidemic, native Alaskan populations got hit hard there, but I assumed it was later on in the epidemic. Maybe someone from the Indian Health Service brought it into Diomede on a routine visit??

Or.....here's a thought....one thing that the web bot said was that "ill winds" would carry the illness around the world 9 times on the jet stream. The web bot project specifically mentioned going across the Bering Straits via the jet stream into Alaska and then down the west coast of the U.S.

Biological attack via the air? Hmmmm....makes you wonder. Has that ever been done before? Have they simulated it in experiments? Bacteria and virus can't really survive in the air very long, though, I woudln't think. Unless they figured out a way to keep it alive in some kind of artificial "droplet" And that makes me think back to earlier posts....didn't people in the Ukraine say that they found some kind of "green goo" on their windows in the morning after the spraying?

Anybody here from an army or another military branch? If so, maybe you could tell me ...is it even possible to carry out a biological attack from the air that would get into the jet stream?

[edit on 9-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

The exact same symptoms were seen in the 1918 swine flu. I haven't found much in the way of explanation why this type of flu has those effects so much more than others. (Any flu virus can do this but from what I can tell they don't anywhere near as often).

I'm not a whiz on this stuff by any means, so corrections welcome.
I know that the same effects have been produced with the combination of PA, PB1, PB2 from modern flu strains combined with the NP gene of the 1918 strain.

This modern H1N1 has all those. But I think a deficient PB1 sequence renders it much less lethal. Curiously all the relatives of this gene show complete sequences. So it could have been made intentionally less lethal.

The other possibility is that this "mock up File" is actually a primer for the big one expected from bird flu. This has been discussed.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by squiz]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Yes the anthrax attack in 2001 was also dependent on air. Some people were infected who weren't the intended receiver of the letters. A second hand case happened in Connecticut which makes me think that a letter containing anthrax was sent to a Bush residence.

Anyone suspect the source yet?
Looking into Pakistans biological arsonal?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Coughing up blood followed the "total destruction" of lungs again gives a clinical picture of hemorrhagic pneumonia caused by H1N1 swine flu. However, although the 90 recent fatalities described above are clearly due to H1N1, many reports continue to cite a low number of H1N1 lab confirmed cases, which is more reflective of limited testing than actual cases. Earlier reports cited pneumonia deaths not associated with the influenza/ARI category and the basis for the classification of approximately half of such deaths into a separate category remains unclear.

See, this is where I think that Dr. Niman is being biased....he is completely sure that this bug is H1N1, despite the fact that, in his own words, "many reports continue to cite a low number of H1N1 lab confirmed cases."

He says these results are "more reflective of limited testing than actual cases".

I disagree, and this is why:

A testing "sample" should still show approximately what kind of bug you've got going on. If one testing sample shows that H1N1 is only showing up in a small number of the patients...ok, you can say that its an anomaly. But if multiple testing sites are showing the same results....that H1N1 is showing up in a low number of the cases....you can't discount those results simply because of "limited sampling."

The fact that these samples are being taken from hospital patients, and not just from people at home...to me that shows that the sickest patients don't all have H1N1. And I know that some people can test negative for H1N1 even if they have it, but should ALL the patients test negative for H1N1 even if they all have it? (Such as those 35 patients in India?)

I applaud Dr. Niman for demanding the sequencing of the virus of the patients with severe hemorrhagic lung disease.... but I think he's being biased in insisting that it's H1N1.

And the fact that the WHO hasn't announced the sequencing of the virus found in the lungs is also quite interesting....and they just say "Oh, it's H1N1 with small changes."

According to his own website, we see that Dr. Niman makes his money on vaccine discovery. You say he creates vectors and not vaccines....but he still makes his money supplying his vectors to vaccine manufacturers. And if tha'ts the case, then he has an emotional investment in wanting this bug to be H1N1, so vaccinations can continue.

That's all I'm saying....despite the fact that multiple samples from hospital patients have shown that not all (or even most) of the patients have H1N1...he is still insisting that it is H1N1.

[edit on 9-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
#H1N1 Over 2000 Health Care Workers ill in Ukraine w/ H1N1 #Swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/ODMdq20 minutes ago from web

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
A little more interesting point concerning the PB1 it would require three mutations to become like the 1918 variety. There a three stops.
Or it could attain a new PB1 through recombination.

Also....

Secondary bacterial pneumonia frequently claimed the lives of victims during the devastating 1918 influenza A virus pandemic. Little is known about the viral factors contributing to the lethality of the 1918 pandemic. Here we show that expression of the viral accessory protein PB1-F2 enhances inflammation during primary viral infection of mice and increases both the frequency and severity of secondary bacterial pneumonia.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

The combination of bacteria can produce a similar effect. But again this is the truncated gene PB1-F2?

Has it picked up a new PB1? seems in my laymans view that's all it would take?
So many question marks, you can tell I'm out of my field.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
#H1N1 Over 2000 Health Care Workers ill in Ukraine w/ H1N1 #Swineflu http://(link tracking not allowed)/ODMdq20 minutes ago from web

Yes well over 2k-this is hampering efforts to deal with those needing treatment.

09/11/2009

Міністр охорони здоров'я України Василь Князевич під час селекторної наради висловив занепокоєння щодо високого порогу захворюваності серед працівників медичної галузі. Health Minister of Ukraine Vasyl Knyazevich during the conference call expressed concern about the high threshold of morbidity among workers of medical field.

Станом на 06.11.2009 р. в Україні захворіло 687 лікарів та більше 1500 молодших спеціалістів. As on 06.11.2009, in Ukraine sick 687 physicians and more than 1500 young specialists. В карантинних областях рівень захворюваності коливається від 0,5% до 1,3% від загальної кількості лікарів та від 0,5% до 1,2% молодших спеціалістів. In quarantine areas the incidence ranges from 0.5% to 1.3% of the total number of doctors and from 0.5% to 1.2% of younger professionals. Крім того, 4 лікарів та 2 молодших спеціалісти померли внаслідок виконання своїх професійних обов'язків. In addition, 4 physicians and 2 junior personnel died as a result of their professional duties.

Така ситуація ускладнює і без того важкий режим роботи медиків, які працюють з надмірним навантаженням. This situation complicates the already difficult work of physicians who work with the excessive load. З метою підтримки регіонів з найбільш складною епідемічною ситуацією, Міністерство охорони здоров'я України сформувало понад 570 мобільних бригад, до складу яких увійшли сімейні лікарі, педіатри, інфекціоністи, анестезіологи та ін. In order to support regions with the most complex epidemiological situation, the Ministry of Health of Ukraine formed more than 570 mobile teams, composed of family physicians, pediatricians, infectious disease, anesthesiologists and others. фахівці. specialists.

Прес-служба МОЗ України Press Service of the Ministry of Health of
Ukraine

Report is in English and Ukraine.

translate.google.com... e0=

[edit on 9-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

From what I understand there are 3 waves and this is an expected 2nd mutation but not the last mutation. Yes, there are alot of expected deaths from this pandemic.
Be safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 146  147  148    150  151  152 >>

join