It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 146
<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

I have a problem with a lot of those videos, too. As you said, flags naturally fall that way. So, if I'm a film maker who doesn't want to be classified as an NWO/Illuminati tool, I have to make sure to only use rectangles and squares, etc.
I will say, the 12 Monkeys connection caught my attention. We'll see what time shows us.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
On topic, I see a lot of differing reports about the Ukraine. Some make it out to be something we should all truly worry about. Others make it out to be overplayed and nothing to worry about - normal flu stuff for this time of year there.

What does everyone think? Which is true?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This must be a serious issue as it runs to over a 140 pages.
Has anyone on ATS died ?
If they have ,and can't post as a result, how could we find out ?
This is very worrying.
Not.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

LOL I won't take offense.. but that idiot that made the video is me. I was just trying to point out ALL the symbolism I saw, maybe I went a little overboard. You can separate the wheat from the chaff, as I'm sure you did.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
On topic, I see a lot of differing reports about the Ukraine. Some make it out to be something we should all truly worry about. Others make it out to be overplayed and nothing to worry about - normal flu stuff for this time of year there.

What does everyone think? Which is true?

Infection rate is very high compared to other outbreaks, WHO has not released the gene sequence yet from the Ukraine victims, 40,000 hospitalized and we have no idea how they are doing or what % will die. Countries on the boarder with Ukraine have effected boarder closings 1/40th of Ukraine population has come down sick and the government of the Ukraine seem from speeches to be in disarray if not panic. I do not see this as a normal flu outbreak.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This article from the AP is not directly related to the Ukrainian situation, but it is interesting nonetheless.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Suspected swine flu is sweeping a traditional Eskimo whaling village on a remote Alaska island — prompting an urgent medical mission to deliver help.

"Diomede is probably the most isolated place in the United States right now," said David Head, a doctor involved in the effort. "We thought it would be better to go out there and just vaccinate people."

So many of the 130 residents of Diomede have been stricken with flu-like symptoms that the Alaska Army National Guard stepped in with a Black Hawk helicopter to transport a medical team from Nome 135 miles away, where Head is chief of staff at Norton Sound Health Corp.

www.foxnews.com...:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.044989:b28762759:z10

[edit on 8-11-2009 by CINY8]

[edit on 8-11-2009 by CINY8]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor

Yeah, from what I've read here and elsewhere, I think you've got it right. Just want to make sure I'm not being paranoid.
Do you know how long it takes for a lab to come up with results approximately (I'm talking about the samples of the virus taken from victims and sent to London)?

CINY8,
That's interesting news. Especially, in the light that Canada was sending bodybags to their indigenous people earlier this year in response to the flu. If I were the Inuit in this case, I wouldn't take the vaccine.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

i thought what you said was hilarious it really points out some of the insignificance this all is, in relation to; what IS REALL Y HAPPENING/ the triangle thing" just amazed me ' wow, you think thousands dead and many more to come might be" better than triangles? but as sarcasm and a point to make i think the mvies are where it"s at!

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by really

I would think that it would depend on how much work the lab has on the counter top. If they did not have a backlog of samples and worked 24/7 on it I would think that a good lab should be able to turn the sample around in 48 to 72 hours. That is a SWAG on my part as the only work that I did with DNA/RNA extraction was 30 years ago in the dark ages.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by waterdoctor

So, you're making an educated guess at 2-3 days and it's been at least a week, correct? Do you think that's a long time? As in there's something fishy going on?

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth

LOL I won't take offense.. but that idiot that made the video is me. I was just trying to point out ALL the symbolism I saw, maybe I went a little overboard. You can separate the wheat from the chaff, as I'm sure you did.

Yeah sorry about that, didnt put two and two together in regards to you and the vid. I apologies for calling you an idiot. I tend to get a little flustered when i see claims that defy what I believe is common sense... you do however have a point of sorts in that post and make some interesting assertions, just not with the flags and spires in my opinion
, if you look to hard you can find just about anything in anything, justifiable or not... sometimes unfortunate poop happens, its not always a conspiracy.

Anyway I didnt mean to offend in anyway
glad to see you wont take it as such.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by really

Based on conversation on other web sites and past history I think that there are some small changes in the genome that they want to look at before they release it. I posted a number of pages back that these is a chance they they will not release the results any time soon.

Just one amino acid change in the proteins that make up the virus have a major impact on the behavior of the virus in the host. It takes some time to crunch all the data to see what this change will be. This type of change can be due to as little as one change in the RNA sequence that occurs during replication. Also this virus has demonstrated a nack for infecting a number of different animals which means that it has the ability to or tendency to have a lot of these type of small changes in the sequence. The sequence would not mean any thing to me as I do not have the time or training to work out all the protein changes and the impact of the changes on the virus.

We live in a micro wave society and people do not want to wait for anything. Some times science takes time. Also we do not know if the WHO works on weekends

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Canadian Concerns at situation in Ukraine.
At last seems other countries outside Baltics and East are waking up;

www.newswire.ca...

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.recombinomics.com...

H1N1 Genetic Changes in RBD Raise Pandemic Concerns Recombinomics Commentary 19:09 November 8, 2009 Right now we know that many clinical specimens and viruses have been sent to one of the WHO collaborating centres for further study. We don't know the results of those studies, and it will probably take a couple of days for the full analysis of those viruses to be available. The above comments are from Thursday's WHO press conference and raise concerns that the sequences from Ukraine (see map) have small changes which may include receptor binding domain changes. Several such changes have been seen in previously published sequences and position 225 has been of concern. That position was linked to the establishment of amantadine resistance in seasonal H3N2 and raises concerns that such a change in swine H1N1 could make the virus more virulent. In seasonal flu, the change was D225N, and that change is in at least three swine flu sequences, including two from fatal cases in San Paulo, Brazil collected in August (see list here). The same position has also changed to D225G, which was also found in other fatal cases in San Paulo, Brazil. It is also in more recent (September) isolates from China (see list here). The new polymorphism most widely reported in sequences in Genbank is D225E, which is common in recent sequences from Italy (see list here). Thus, similar changes in sequences from Ukraine would be of most interest, and such changes have not been ruled out by WHO statements thus far. The release of these sequences from Ukraine is now overdue, and these delays increase pandemic concerns.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was just about to post that. While the WHO keeps "delaying" real results from Ukraine testing it looks like we may have confirmation of a small mutation from the Brazil cases. The mutation effects how well the virus can infect people.

Another interesting item I'd like to get Asen_y2k to comment on - I've read that Lviv had a water shortage and only had water for a couple of hours per day in the morning and at night.

If people have been washing their hands less, bathing less and flushing toilets less the flu virus would most certainly spread like wildfire.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yushchenko says January Election should go ahead.

Undoubtedly this statement comes after the IMF has said that the 4th tranche of the billion dollar loan will not be released until there is political stability.
There are concerns that Ukraine could not function without this next payment-they have only just managed to scrape the $500 million to pay the October gas bill.

www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 8-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterdoctor
reply to post by really

I would think that it would depend on how much work the lab has on the counter top. If they did not have a backlog of samples and worked 24/7 on it I would think that a good lab should be able to turn the sample around in 48 to 72 hours. That is a SWAG on my part as the only work that I did with DNA/RNA extraction was 30 years ago in the dark ages.

Virologists are asking what's taking the WHO so long with the Ukraine sequences and assay so they must be dragging their feet a bit compared to what people have come to expect.

Based on past history this might indicate they won't share those sequences. Several sets were skipped in the month leading up to the Ukraine outbreak (and some weren't leaving us to wonder if there was just nothing of interest or different than the ones they released at that time or if they are once again trying to delay bad news).

Despite the theories, the WHO has consistently acted to try and prevent "panic" as they would call it. I call it trying to prevent borders being closed and trade stopped.

Thankfully the WHO is not the only entity in the World studying the genetic make up of the virus in Ukraine and other outbreak locations. They just get all the media attention.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Holy jumping h CHRIST this is like watching a pool game the whole time someone is speculating, calculating and observing and analyzing all the angles schematics and variables not to include the various discussions about how to take a shot someone comes up with their stick HITS the dam ball and dam" the shot is perfect! see any similarities here? or is this a digruntled ex-dr.or wanna practise science and math formula forum / it still comes down to deaths folks plain and simple people are dying it is spreading we don,t want to think about the vastness but sit on your a--itis sure doesn't help anyone there are multiple ways to implement great strategies in this as we could be doing from OBSERVING UKRAINE you catch the keyword observing?no sarcasm just fact/ paul newman had a film cool hand luke stating " what we have here is a failure to communicate

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I agree with your analysis..

But one thing to remember is that Niman's update really doesn't tell us anything. He is just reiterating the fact that they are STILL withholding the protein sequences. Not a "true" update, as none of his knowledge has changed.

Also Niman was kind enough to send me an email, and correct me regarding my interpretation of the CFR conference questions asked by one of their leaders here:

I thought that she was saying there was documented cases of the PBF2 mutation, but apparently I was wrong. This is Niman's response to my email here:

I think you are confused (on multiple counts). Laurie Garret was talking about E627K on PB2, which was reportd in the Netherlands as indicated in this Recombinomics commentray www.recombinomics.com...

It was also reported earlier in Shanghai, as indicated in this commentary www.recombinomics.com...

These are the only reported examples (no other pandemic H1N1 sequences at Genbank have this change). However, on youtube the responder on stage was actually talking about another gene, PB1-F2, which hasn't been found in any swine pandemic H1N1. The above is the current status of E627K on PB2 and the absence of PB1-F2 in pandemic H1N1.

Henry L. Niman, Ph.D. President, Founder Recombinomics, Inc.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CINY8
This article from the AP is not directly related to the Ukrainian situation, but it is interesting nonetheless.

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Suspected swine flu is sweeping a traditional Eskimo whaling village on a remote Alaska island — prompting an urgent medical mission to deliver help.

"Diomede is probably the most isolated place in the United States right now," said David Head, a doctor involved in the effort. "We thought it would be better to go out there and just vaccinate people."

So many of the 130 residents of Diomede have been stricken with flu-like symptoms that the Alaska Army National Guard stepped in with a Black Hawk helicopter to transport a medical team from Nome 135 miles away, where Head is chief of staff at Norton Sound Health Corp.

www.foxnews.com...:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0.044989:b28762759:z10

WTF? How did it get to this remote village???

top topics

<< 143  144  145    147  148  149 >>

join