It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I agree with you 100%. I don't trust anything that CNN,MSNBC, FOX saids, I take it with a grain of salt. I agree with you that we should trust the Ukraine media more on this topic because it is the source of the story. I just really try to pieace together the story from all the different sources to try to get as clear of a picture as I can

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

We always have to consider the political angle. No arguments with that. O the other hand, we have enough evidence in this thread, both through media reports and Ukrainian members who've posted, to accept that appears to be a very serious medical issue there.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

yeah considering all the hype from h1n1 and the fact it really hasnt done squat and everyone in the world knows this, why would the ukraine go so far as to lockdown the country for a few swine flu deaths... its not like they are a harsh dictatorship or nething so why go all out like this...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Poland might close border with Ukraine.

Flu epidemic panics Ukraine

Ukraine’s health minister has announced a state of emergency after thirty-three people died from unknown flu virus in western Ukraine

[---]

Poland’s Health Minister Ewa Kopacz is considering closing border crossings if the virus turns out to be dangerous for Poles.

[---]

Ukraine’s Health Ministry is planning to impose quarantine in the whole country.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Why is it always the flu?

Guess the Swine Flu burned out, so they're trying the next strain?

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by Aeons

yeah considering all the hype from h1n1 and the fact it really hasnt done squat and everyone in the world knows this, why would the ukraine go so far as to lockdown the country for a few swine flu deaths... its not like they are a harsh dictatorship or nething so why go all out like this...

I suppose the reason there has been so much hype about H1N1 is because of the possibility of mutation - which we may be witnessing with these events in Ukraine. If the world were able to curb H1N1 and prevent it from becoming so rampant, the chances of effective mutations are lower. Since we could not curb H1N1 and it IS rampant, meaningful mutations are able to occur.

It is even possible to have 2 or more meaningful mutations occur simultaneously on different ends of the world.

Now you want to argue that H1N1 hasn't done squat? This is the exact thing we have been warning people that would only cite the current H1N1 low mortality rate. Yes, H1N1 is survivable and not a killer - but it is very infectious! It also can mutate to something more dangerous, or can link with another virus which uses it as a vehicle.

It's potential to become something really nasty is what freaked out the WHO, CDC and microbiologists worldwide. Whether it is manufactured or if vaccines are harmful are an entirely different argument but you have to listen to the facts about why it was called a pandemic and so many resources were put in place to curtail its spread.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by nydsdan]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
But if it has mutated, then the current Swine Flu shots will be worthless, thus not helping us curb anything.

And if its "potential" is what freaked out the WHO, CDC, etc, then they should've freaking SAID THAT instead of hyping the crap out of the current strain.

Originally posted by nydsdan

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by Aeons

I suppose the reason there has been so much hype about H1N1 is because of the possibility of mutation - which we may be witnessing with these events in Ukraine. If the world were able to curb H1N1 and prevent it from becoming so rampant, the chances of effective mutations are lower. Since we could not curb H1N1 and it IS rampant, meaningful mutations are able to occur.

It is even possible to have 2 or more meaningful mutations occur simultaneously on different ends of the world.

Now you want to argue that H1N1 hasn't done squat? This is the exact thing we have been warning people that would only cite the current H1N1 low mortality rate. Yes, H1N1 is survivable and not a killer - but it is very infectious! It also can mutate to something more dangerous, or can link with another virus which uses it as a vehicle.

It's potential to become something really nasty is what freaked out the WHO, CDC and microbiologists worldwide. Whether it is manufactured or if vaccines are harmful are an entirely different argument but you have to listen to the facts about why it was called a pandemic and so many resources were put in place to curtail its spread.

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Finalized]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A vaccine for the current H1N1 strain will not be "uesless" if there is a mutation.

It still confers some immunity. Some antibodies to start with are better than NO antibodies at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
www.google.com...

The World Health Organization is sending a team of experts to Ukraine to look into reports of severe H1N1 disease there

Gregory Hartl said the team was being pulled together by the WHO's Global Outbreak Alert and Response Network, which goes by the acronym GOARN.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If the intent was to confuse the populous as much as humanly possible, mission accomplished.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just found this, actually quite frightening...

The virus is rapidly spreading across Europe and into Western parts of Asia. Scientists are now confirming a new strain of H1N1, with a much much higher death rate. Reports from top Ukrainian news sources are claiming that the government has closed all borders in and out of Ukraine and have declared martial law, including mandatory quarantine.

Sure hope this thing gets contained and doesn't spread across the world. If Ukraine is initiating such serious measures so quickly, I can only imagine how the United States would react.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Ceptor10]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
----------------------------------- double post

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ceptor10

The virus is rapidly spreading across Europe and into Western parts of Asia. Scientists are now confirming a new strain of H1N1, with a much much higher death rate. Reports from top Ukrainian news sources are claiming that the government has closed all borders in and out of Ukraine and have declared martial law, including mandatory quarantine.

Sure hope this thing gets contained and doesn't spread across the world. If Ukraine is initiating such serious measures so quickly, I can only imagine how the United States would react.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Your link does not work

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
www.earthtimes.org...

Here is some information on what is going on in the area.

Is it possible that as Americans we are predicting events that are actually not going to happen in the states at all....Are we simply seeing the effects of the goings on in the World around us, mis-interpreting it is as our impending doom?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Meanwhile, Ukraine has shut all schools and banned public meetings for three weeks after its first swine flu death.

BBC

Yeh..... 1 death so lets shut everything down.... Great job everyone for digging deep into this.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Fromabove

I have been thinking about that for a long time as an alternative to swine flu shot for a while, but taking into consideration, but first I need to check on the possible side effects.

Marg, this may be a long post, so please bear with me. Last year my youngest son was diagnosed with a non-TB mycobacterium lung infection. He was treated for 9 months with high powered anti-biotics and at one point was given the seasonal flu vaccine as a precaution (due to his illness), with no ill effects. After 9 months, his doctor checked his immunities, and expressed his concern that he had none for the pnuemococcal pathogens. I reluctantly gave permission to vaccinate him (again, due to his illness). To mine and my wife's horror, several hours after the vaccine, he became extremely ill - high fever, vomiting, rash, unable to move his arm. I do not know if this was a reaction to the vaccine agents or the adjuvants in the vaccine, but my family has certainly become much more hostile to the whole vaccine program.

I certainly am not offering you any advice about your personal situation, just giving you information.

Good luck!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, would you please provide a working link as I am eager to read this. I cannot find it anywhere on the BBC site...

You also created your account today which really makes it seem like your just trying to add flames to the fire as they say. If I am mistaken, then I apologize profusely.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I can't find anything about this listed on the BBC Front or Health Pages.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

His link was 83234723. This one is 8334723.

This article doesn't have his quote.

[edit on 2009/10/30 by Aeons]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectedLogic

news.bbc.co.uk...

Yes, would you please provide a working link as I am eager to read this. I cannot find it anywhere on the BBC site...

You also created your account today which really makes it seem like your just trying to add flames to the fire as they say. If I am mistaken, then I apologize profusely.

I was thinking the same thing. When the link didnt work I looked at join date
Some people are just freakin idiots with no life to say dumb stuff to get people worried. If I am wrong also, excuse me for jumping to conclusions.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join