It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
www.earthtimes.org...

Death toll still rising in Ukraine's flu outbreak

Kiev - The death toll in Ukraine's flu outbreak continued to rise on Thursday. A total of 95 persons have died from flu-related symptoms since the disease struck Ukraine's western provinces late last month, said Zinovy Mytnik, vice health minister, in comments reported by the Interfax news agency.
A total of 633,877 Ukrainians nationwide have registered with health authorities as suffering from the flu, though some have recovered since the disease's late October outbreak, Mytnik said.
Ukraine's Ministry of Health on Wednesday gave a total of currently infected at some 470,000.

Edit to add:

I put the statistics in bold. Seems the numbers have gone up about 160,000 in 24 hours, according to the official statistics.

I still can't find word about the rest of the samples that were sent to London....still looking.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Wall St swine flu vaccinations spark uproar

NEW YORK — News that US swine flu vaccines, meant to be prioritized for the nation's most vulnerable, are being distributed to Wall Street firms such as Goldman Sachs sparked uproar Thursday.

The New York Department of Health said Citigroup, Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley have applied for supplies of the H1N1 vaccine and are eligible because they are large employers with in-house clinics.

With H1N1 vaccines often scarce and populist anger already raging at Wall Street for last year's financial meltdown, the news triggered furor.

Anna Burger, secretary-treasurer for the largest US health care union, the SEIU, said it was "obscene" that powerful and wealthy private organizations got vaccines when "at-risk Americans are either waiting in line for hours or getting turned away.

I guess the US government is still putting the banks ahead of anybody else. The same banks that got bail out money at US taxpayers money are getting vaccines at taxpayers expense from the government as states are still trying to get vaccines for there hospitals. And countries like Ukraine suffer from not having vaccines.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Found verification of the cat with A/H1N1 story:

www.google.com...

WASHINGTON — Vets in the US state of Iowa said Wednesday that a household cat had tested positive for swine flu -- the first known case in the world of the new pandemic strain spreading to the feline population.

The domestic shorthair, a 13-year-old castrated male, apparently caught A(H1N1) off its owners -- two of the three members of the family had previously contracted the deadly virus.

"This is the first cat that we are aware of with the pandemic H1N1," said Brett Sponseller, an assistant professor of veterinarian microbiology who helped treat the pet at Iowa State University's College of Veterinary Medicine.

After ruling out most common causes of respiratory diseases, a team of university and state vets looked at the family history of the owners and guessed swine flu might be the cause.

After five days of tests, their fears were confirmed.

"This was a big deal and everyone involved understood that," said Sponseller, adding that the owners had since recovered and that the cat had been given extra fluids and antibiotics and was "doing very well."

Cats have previously been diagnosed with H5N1, a virus commonly known as bird flu that spread from poultry to humans, but this is thought to be a first for swine flu and has possible implications for the feared pandemic.

Sponseller said the danger of an infected cat spreading the A(H1N1) virus to humans or to other cats was unknown but didn't appear to be high.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Unknown virus killed 35 in India, same symptoms as swine flu, but they tested NEGATIVE.

www.mid-day.com...

'Don't know what caused the deaths'

By: Alifiya Khan Date: 2009-11-05 Place: Pune

Doctors at Sassoon hospital anxiously await report on 35 patients who died of infection that caused symptoms similar to swine flu Doctors at Sassoon Hospital, who are in the thick of the swine flu battle, are a worried lot. Thirty-five patients with swine flu-like symptoms died in the last 45 days at the hospital, and not one of them tested positive for swine flu. The doctors still don't know what caused the death of these patients. Tell the world "We requested the National Institute of Virology (NIV) to check tissue samples from these patients for eight to 10combinations of the HN virus subtype like H1N2 or H2N2. It is extremely important that the virus is identified so we can decide on the course of treatment," said Dr Arun Jamkar, dean of Sassoon Hospital, which has been dubbed as the epicentre of the swine flu activity in the state. On October 28, doctors at Sassoon shared the data on these deaths with the Center for Disease Control, Atlanta, USA, and virologists across the world in a videoconference. Despite repeated attempts, Dr A C Mishra, director of NIV, remained unavailable for comment. Dr Mandeep Chaddha, deputy director, NIV, said she wasn't authorised to speak to the media. Impact on vaccine Dr Pravin Shengare, joint dire-ctor, Directorate of Medical Education and Research, who attended the video-conference, said, "The NIV's report won't have an effect on vaccine production, but it is important to know if another dominant virus sub-type is circulating. If this is the case, a detailed analysis of deaths that occurred due to unexplained symptoms will have to be undertaken," he said. "If it is found that there is a different strain of the virus, then that strain should ideally be incorporated in the H1N1 vaccine that is being developed by NIV. It is also important to understand how potent that virus is," said JP Muliyil, senior scientist and epidemiologist at Christian Medical College, Vellore. Shengare, however, pointed out that the WHO had recommended that a monovalent vaccine against H1N1 be developed. Modifying a vaccine so it provides protection from other viruses would take too much time and effort, he felt. "Even if a new virus sub-type is circulating, the H1N1 vaccine that is being developed won't be useless, as it can still be used to fight swine flu. If there is another virus, we'll have to deal with it separately," said Shengare.

Somebody please discredit this article. Please.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

So is CFR covering up the PBF2 mutation? Or are they just another agency like WHO and the CDC who count and don't prevent?
These organizations who have collectively declared the highest rated pandemic have no other choice and said that the pandemic had to run it's course. So it's up to individual governments to do what they need to and some governments aren't worth a crapola.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This forum has some good info. They aren't freaking out, just preparing.
www.avianflutalk.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Ok, check this out. I have a co-worker who's father was in the Ukrane about 6 weeks ago. He came home (lives in Oregon, USA) and said he wasn't feeling very well. Not sick, just not right. He has some chronic back issues and was put on prednisone two weeks ago. A week after that, he comes down with what he thought was just the flu. It progressed very quickly and went to the ER. Well, now he's in the hospital with severe respiratory problems and is on a ventilator exhibiting hemorrhagic symptoms. The hospital tested for both H1N1 and TB and both test came back negative. They don't know what it is and his condition is deteriorating very quickly since admission.

Does this have any correlation? Maybe, maybe not. The coincidentals here are just too big to ignore though.

If I get more details, I'll be sure to post.

I am sorry to hear this on a personal level - and hope that they recover promptly.

I am sorry to hear this in a holistic sense.

If this single piece of evidence indicates an underlying reality - that this disease incubates for several weeks - then this explains the rapid increase in symptomatic infections in Ukraine, and also means that any and all attempts to slow or halt the spread of this disease have already failed.

If this disease does have such a long incubation - then it is highly unusual - pointing to laboratory weaponization.

If this is true, and the person effected has the virus - then the infection is probably present in all nations, and pervasive in many area's.

The possible implications are profound.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Please read my post ^^^^^

Outbreak in India, 35 dead, all tested negative for H1N1...

...and India has laboratories and virologists set up to handle this type of thing, they make their own vaccines (even for h1n1).

www.mid-day.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Uh oh, India has the highest population of type B blood. SARS is known to hit Asia harder than North America, curiously the blood types are different on the continents. just sayin.

I think many people expect human intervention to save them and it's not going to. Of course something like this makes us feel vulnerable and who wants to fell that way? Preparation is the only option at this point. I can tell many people haven't prepared.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I don't about anyone else. But a virus that spreads to humans, swine, cats, ferrets, turkeys, and such. Is too universal of a virus. The odds are obviously stacked against us. This virus has the ability to exchange information with other viruses easily and has been spreading to different species of animals. It technically is the virus we have been all fearing. With parameters like this, its unstoppable and will eventually mutate into a deadlier form. I mean the changes are that it will eventually mix with bird flu at this rate. Right?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneInDarkness
I don't about anyone else. But a virus that spreads to humans, swine, cats, ferrets, turkeys, and such. Is too universal of a virus. The odds are obviously stacked against us. This virus has the ability to exchange information with other viruses easily and has been spreading to different species of animals. It technically is the virus we have been all fearing. With parameters like this, its unstoppable and will eventually mutate into a deadlier form. I mean the changes are that it will eventually mix with bird flu at this rate. Right?

probably. I read a book awhile back (2001) by a CDC doctor called The Coming Plague. She explained that all viruses will meet eventually and we are f*cked.
Wouldn't it be cool to be a part of history of the Great Pandemic? Weird that it coincides with 2012 and the Iranian 12ers and the timing seems right.
But also history says that plagues kill a portion but not everyone, we can afford to lose 5 billion at this point. Interesting to ponder.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneInDarkness

Novel H1N1 already has 2 of its proteins from bird flu, I believe. And I agree with your analysis.

And here's the vid I made on the India situation. I am only making these vids because for many people youtube is their only source of news on these events not covered by the media, and they dont have time to wade through 120 pages here. Somebody's gotta do it, right..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Yes thank you. I mean I think it would be an inevitable outcome of a universal virus. The two viruses will meet eventually, most likely many times, and out of those exchanges of genetic information, eventually we will have a deadly hybrid. Its inevitable but on a time scale no one can predict.

And you are right, youtube is wisely used for information research. Many people will find what you have posted on the deaths from an unknown flu virus alarming, therefore causing them to research more into it and become more aware...hopefully.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneInDarkness

I started a thread on the India outbreak [edit: it was a duplicate, here is the thread that was posted first] [where is the first thread?]

And yeah, raising awareness is why i am posting videos... 30,000 views on Ukrainian videos in the last few days, many people are becoming aware every da, and hungry for information!! Unfortunately I cannot give any answers, I don't claim to know whats going on.

Hopefully there will be too much demand from the public for answers, soon. They will have to start reporting.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
reply to post by LoneInDarkness

I started a thread on the India outbreak here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yeah, raising awareness is why i am posting videos... 30,000 views on Ukrainian videos in the last few days, many people are becoming aware every da, and hungry for information!! Unfortunately I cannot give any answers, I don't claim to know whats going on.

Hopefully there will be too much demand from the public for answers, soon. They will have to start reporting.

I GET A PAGE ERROR

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by dnvrliz

It got deleted because apparently it was already posted. My bad.

I can only find an article from 2008 about a mystery fever....??? Dont see a duplicate

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Wouldn't it be cool to be a part of history of the Great Pandemic? Weird that it coincides with 2012 and the Iranian 12ers and the timing seems right.

How on earth would that be "cool"?? To watch your family and friends and acquaintances dying of plague all around you???

THINK about what you are saying, FFS!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Unknown virus killed 35 in India, same symptoms as swine flu, but they tested NEGATIVE.

www.mid-day.com...

'Don't know what caused the deaths'

By: Alifiya Khan Date: 2009-11-05 Place: Pune

Doctors at Sassoon hospital anxiously await report on 35 patients who died of infection that caused symptoms similar to swine flu Doctors at Sassoon Hospital, who are in the thick of the swine flu battle, are a worried lot. Thirty-five patients with swine flu-like symptoms died in the last 45 days at the hospital, and not one of them tested positive for swine flu.

Somebody please discredit this article. Please.

Great find, Seattlefortruth.

Well, it looks like this might be spreading worldwide or maybe mutating in multiple spots at once.

I have to wonder....did that area of India get vaccinated recently? And did they use a live vaccine, or an attenuated vaccine?

I still think giving H1N! as a LIVE vaccine was an insane idea.

Live viruses can shed. Seriously... we learned the first year in pharmacy school that if you take a live vaccine, you can transmit that virus to other people after getting the vaccine yourself. First year pharmacy school material. Knowing that, why in God's name would they deliberately expose CHILDREN and PREGNANT women to a live vaccine of a highly infectious, potentially deadly virus?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by dnvrliz

It got deleted because apparently it was already posted. My bad.

heres the other thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I can't find another article on the indian virus...

That one i linked to is from 2008..

I dont know why the mods deleted mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join