It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 126
<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

OMG!

Oh wait, I forgot I'm not surprised.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

According to this, vaccine opponents in Ukraine are to be arrested.

VACCINE OPPONENTS IN THE UKRAINE TO BE ARRESTED

05 November 2009

Critics in the Ukraine of vaccines are to be prosecuted by the government under criminal laws, according to a report from Interfax Ukrainia Agency.

[---]

It has been reported that a key Ukrainian civilian public health body has been dissolved and integrated into the army, raising fears of forced mass vaccinations by the military.

Key functions in the Ukrainian government appear to have been taken over by officials from WHO and the UN under the pretext of fighting a pandemic emergency.

According to this BBC article from two days ago, the Ukrainian health minister has asked media to only report comments from "medical experts".

Panic in Ukraine over swine flu

3 November 2009

The Ukrainian health minister Vasyl Knyazevych has asked the media only to report the comments of medical experts following a series of misleading reports which fuelled public anxiety.

"A series of misleading reports". I'm not sure who or what to believe in this case...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5 Nov 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
And sorry if that last video is off-topic, but THIS ONE IS NOT!

I downloaded the entire CFR meeting for myself from www.cfr.org...

but one of the LEADERS of CFR (the one asking the question) ADMITS that H1N1 has already mutated in the NETHERLANDS, THIS YEAR, and thinks it will happen again...

I made this video just now.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

I give my first star to a Super Mod........nice find on that article.......Like I said in my earlier post.......this is going to be about the vaccine....

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It has been reported that a key Ukrainian civilian public health body has been dissolved and integrated into the army, raising fears of forced mass vaccinations by the military.

Key functions in the Ukrainian government appear to have been taken over by officials from WHO and the UN under the pretext of fighting a pandemic emergency.

Wait a minute, here's what I don't understand about all this. Over the weekend, Yushchenko pleads for help from the international community as 1) they claim to not know what "it" is and 2) they claim that they don't have enough vaccine shots. Now it's speculated that the military is going to implement *mandatory* vaccination? Can someone please tell me how that works?

To me, this sounds like political propoganda.

edit for punctuation
[edit on 11/5/09 by surfinguru]

[edit on 11/5/09 by surfinguru]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
Wait a minute, here's what I don't understand about all this. Over the weekend, Yushchenko pleads for help from the international community as 1) they claim to not know what "it" is and 2) they claim that they don't have enough vaccine shots. Now it's speculated that the military is going to implement *mandatory* vaccination? Can someone please tell me how that works?

To me, this sounds like political propoganda.

That's what all the intel sites are reporting, political posturing.
The only thing I am waiting for is a report clarification about the melting lungs.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by surfinguru

Sorry to hear about you friends dad hope he pulls through ok.

Some one should take a look at the things he brought back from the Ukraine. The virus or bacteria, (Pneumonic flu is a bacteria from what I’ve been told) could have bin lying dormant in something he returned home with. IE: some kind of food, drink, or possibly an aerosol of some sort. This could also explain why it seemed like every one started to get sick all at once. This really should be looked into. Pneumonic flu is highly contagious, and from what I’ve been told it has a mortality rate of 60% depending on how soon they get treatment.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Latest from Kiev post-gives a good summary of whats been going on in last few days.

Pandemic politics

www.kyivpost.com...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by martin3030]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I just got back on here I am trying to inform some people re this and what is taking place over there is it my understanding they are now implementing military demand for forced vaccines? A lso are we here getting prepared for what is to come i DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ALL THIS IS JUST GOING SO EVERYDAYISH THIS IS SOME VERY HUGE AND extremely serious can someone update me currently?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I feel like we here in the U.S. and neighbors are headed for the same problems, they are not trying to fix this, they just want everyone to get those dam vaccines and bring in nwo asap! this is certainly a greeat way to start .as I mentioned in earlier post they have designed the chip to be implanted also at time of vaccine that is their strategy and method' that is why they want forced vaccinations, this was brought to my attention from 2 great sites re: all these matter and this was said way before any of this happened.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think there are too many rumors flying around, which severely distorts the perception of what is going on in reality.

For one thing, I have not seen anything official about forced vaccinations for everybody in Ukraine. It seems very unlikely and unrealistic to be implemented, if not completely impossible. In fact from what I hear from people in Ukraine, the initial panic is subsiding and people are coming to realization that most cases are regular seasonal flu. The numbers of sick/dead/hospitalized so far are not much different from regular seasonal flu in recent years.

Many Ukrainians I know are starting to blame the politicians and the media for overhyping this and letting the rumors and speculation get out of control. They are saying that it is becoming so absurd that it is beginning to be viewed as a political stunt, and many people are becoming quite irritated with media bullsh*t.

I know that many people here would love to entertain their fantasies about plagues and deadly epidemics, but please treat all rumors with a grain of salt untill there is official confirmation from unbiased sources.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by maloy]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maloy

I disagree. Certain areas have normal numbers (eastern), while pocketed regions in western Ukraine have incredibly high numbers for ARI, and hemorrhagic symptoms, MUCH higher than previous years and much higher death rates...

Not to mention that the numbers have more than DOUBLED in the last few days.

Also the people dying are mostly healthy, younger people.

I wouldn't say it is like seasonal flu at all.

But I guess you find sanctity in believing the New York Times' analysis of the situation, obviously written to comfort our unstable society. It would be nice if that their version reflected reality.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
I disagree. Certain areas have normal numbers (eastern)

Actually from the statistics I saw Eastern Ukraine has lower overall number than at the same time last year.

while pocketed regions in western Ukraine have incredibly high numbers for ARI, and hemorrhagic symptoms, MUCH higher than previous years and much higher death rates...

Do you have official sources that state that the numbers are "MUCH" higher than last year? So far most of the sick appear to have regular flu symptoms. The actual number of people with irregular complications is still not known as the Ukrainian Health Ministry still does not have a full grasp on the situation.

Not to mention that the numbers have more than DOUBLED in the last few days.

Flu outbreaks with quick escalation like this are a common occurance in both Ukraine and Russia, and I am sure in many other places in the world. I know from experience.

Also the people dying are mostly healthy, younger people.

Again where is the source to verify this? I know this is what is being said about the H1N1 virus, but has this actually been verified in Ukraine?

This is what I mean about rumors and speculation. All sorts of facts and rumors are mixed together from a wide variety of sources, and the result is a panic without factual and accurate information to back it.

But I guess you find sanctity in believing the New York Times' analysis of the situation, obviously written to comfort our unstable society. It would be nice if that their version reflected reality.

I do not read the New York Times and I am not from the US. I live in Russia, where we too are experiencing a season flu epidemic - but there is no hype or panic surrounding it. I am also going to Ukraine in 10 days, and I do not see a reason to worry for now.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I dont mean to be lazy but has the original OP given any new updates?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

According to this, vaccine opponents in Ukraine are to be arrested.

VACCINE OPPONENTS IN THE UKRAINE TO BE ARRESTED

05 November 2009

Critics in the Ukraine of vaccines are to be prosecuted by the government under criminal laws, according to a report from Interfax Ukrainia Agency.

[---]

Seems like the Ukrainian gov doesn't want to look stupid and wants to make sure (unlike other countries!) that everybody is going to take the vaccine BEFORE they spend lots of money to order it.

By looking at other countries, how much tax money has been wasted by buying millions of vaccines (per country), half of which are going to be refused by the population. These vaccines will expire and can't be returned back to the manufacturer, so the money is lost for sure. And all that waste at times of financial crisis

Ko3

[edit on 5-11-2009 by kid_of_3NKi]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
OK this is a question for some one with more virology than me. I was going over the stated risk factors for people having a bad reaction to H1N1. Obesity, pregnant, asthma and the young and viral. Also it does not hit the old people. Now what do all these have in common. Hormonal levels in the body. Could the risk factor be due to the hormonal or hormonal precursor levels in the victim? May be some one can pass this by the Doctor on the other site and see what he thinks.

This also might explain the observations of surfinguru.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by waterdoctor]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Ukrainian parliament passes resolution on situation with flu epidemic
Interfax: 5-11-2009

The Verkhovna Rada, Ukraine's parliament, has adopted a resolution on the situation linked to the epidemic of seasonal flu and pandemic A/H1N1 influenza, as well as urgent measures to fight the spread of flu.

A total of 424 MPs out of the 444 registered in the parliament's session hall on Thursday voted for the resolution.

The parliament proposed that the government immediately implement a presidential decree and government decisions aimed at preventing the spread of pandemic flu.

The Cabinet of Ministers was also proposed to introduce tight controls over the proper use of funds.

The government was also proposed to send at least UAH 500 million to the regions in 2009, while distributing additional funds allocated to the Health Ministry to take measures to prevent the spread of pandemic flu, as well as the epidemic of seasonal flu and acute respiratory infections.

The parliament also proposed that the government cancel a ban on holding mass events in regions in which quarantines were not imposed due to the flu epidemic.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kid_of_3NKi

"Seems like the Ukrainian gov doesn't want to look stupid and wants to make sure (unlike other countries!)"

I don't think it has anything to do with keeping the country from looking stupid........

Follow the money, watch the vaccine and the global purpose........

There are a hundred questions that need to be asked "WHY"

But for this thread hopefully some answers will prevail eventually.......

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Interview w/ Dr in Lviv

The doctor of one of the Lviv hospital that agreed to talk with us on the current epidemic is asked to call either her name or position, or even hospitals, which works. Given the fact that she mentioned, I think that readers understand a treat to her desire. We guarantee that this is a real interview with real real Lviv hospital doctor who works directly with patients in acute.

We want to assure you that the purpose of this material are not escalate the already tense atmosphere. We just believe that readers should know how to actually pass the epidemic.

As now the situation of the epidemic in your hospital?

We really have now is a lot of requests from acute respiratory diseases. Most of them - Panic. Now we actually closed ua - the overwhelming majority of seats given to it under the arrivals of patients with influenza. Such have very many.

Thus official data as to the epidemic which is the variety of disease states, we do not have.

We do not have appropriate laboratories to conduct tests. So if it comes to "pork", "calf" or even knows, that influenza - we really still do not know.

Can be baseless rumors that really is not about "swine" influenza, pneumonic plague and about (as recently voiced gallery contains)?

Absolutely no grounds for such rumors do not. Pneumonic plague - this is just one manifestation of the plague. She has only one agent - pestilential stick, Yersinia pestis.

If the matter is really about pneumonic plague, we would have and its other manifestations - such as bubonic plague. Not to mention the fact that mortality in this case would be really great.

What is really not possible, it is that it is imposing a few viruses. That is what causes acute multiple pathogens.

There is a common place that it is all the same about "swine" influenza. It is a real high percentage of patients infected with this strain of virus is?

This we know - and hardly ever know. Firstly, as I said, we are not able to conduct appropriate tests. Second, those tests that all the same will be held to be selective.

Nobody now can not take samples of the virus in each patient. So real, representative statistics simply can not be set.

When you think of the idea that nothing really terrible happens, just the media inflates "interesting topic"?

Nothing is not "interesting topic". Yes, every year we have a large number of patients with flu complications - the same pneumonia, meningitis and so on. But

outbreaks of diseases such as now, do not remember even those doctors who are already very long.

Another matter that was not possible immediately to navigate what is happening. Many patients began to come to us even from the beginning of last week, when there was absolutely no information about the new virus. They come as patients on regular pneumonia. Only after they were treated as usual methods for several days, but rather they failed, it became clear that this is about something else.

In addition, you can not even compare the virus with which we deal today with those that were in previous years.

Now the disease often runs really lightning, the person immediately starts strong fever, she just goes.

Maybe while you have managed to identify at least some risk of people who are particularly vulnerable to this virus?

Difficult to say. We have the bulk of patients - is still young and children. Very few are those over 40. Vulnerable to the disease and pregnant women - today we have four pregnant women in very serious condition.

You said that doctors were not able to immediately sort out that question about the new virus epidemic. So they could not take appropriate security measures?

And now we take them almost can not. For example, masks in sufficient quantity we simply do not deliver. The doctor has 12 hours to change a minimum of 6 Masks. So, they need simply uncountable number! And we have no where to take them.

Now, the glorious "Tamiflu". To us this drug acted only on Friday evening. In order to take preventive one capsule a day, no more than 2 days after contact with patients. The patient, incidentally, must begin to treat him no later than 42 hours after onset of symptoms.

Well, that "Tamiflu", which came to us, is for patients. For doctors there is nothing. Only after the two of us sick of doctors, he managed a huge scandal "beat out" a few pills and staff.

What you can say about this product?

I can say that those doctors, about which I told him started terrible side effects - severe intoxication, nausea. So I personally take preventive purpose "Tamiflu" will not - better already provided "folk" methods. It is also the case that the drug is currently poorly studied, and may be much more harmful effects.

But let's specify - here I mean only those drugs that are produced by Hoffman La Roche. On the one produced by another manufacturer, I can not say anything, because with him not encountered.

As a whole the situation in Ukraine looks to hospitals providing the necessary tools to fight this virus?

Difficult. Some medicines patients are still forced to buy their own. As for the staff, then do it no one cares. And that - despite the fact that, according to rumor, every fourth doctor, who is suffering from acute, infected. In our hospital with pneumonia now is five doctors.

In fact, we were thrown as cannon fodder to the front, without any weapons.

How, then, be to the fact that Yulia Tymoshenko said: preparing for a flu epidemic has a very long time and came to her fully armed?

I am very happy with the government, they came to the epidemic in armed. About us say this is not possible.

If the hospital were really ready for something similar, then this is now happening in western Ukraine, just would not.

So far, we generally have only the information that comes on TV. So far we have not received any special regulations in connection with the epidemic. Decks we started only after the thunder has struck - in fact, alone.

Maybe you can even predict how long will this epidemic?

It's really impossible to predict. The only thing I can say - is that on Sunday and Monday at our hospital has received far fewer patients.

In critical condition at this time nobody fell.

And then - we'll see. What we can guarantee - it is just that today we are ready to bed in case you need to take new patients.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Reports of Pneumonic Plague fake - documents forged

Information on the pneumonic plague in the capital is not the case

Unidentified persons on fake letterheads of the Department of Health and Medical KGGA spreading false information in the detection of cases of pneumonic plague. It said the first deputy mayor Irena Kilchitskaya. Distribution of provocative information using false documents under the threat of epidemic is reprehensible and can lead to panic among the population that is intolerable - she said. - I stress that any information on the detection of pulmonary plague or any other rare infection is not the case.
Irena Kilchitskaya called all the media to refrain from proliferation of unverified and false information, and Kiev and visitors not to panic.

top topics

<< 123  124  125    127  128  129 >>

join