It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

As soon as many children here on the reservation were flumisted, over half came down very sick.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
Good info ahemot-and interesting too.Do you know if the people will be prepared to have the Vaccine ?

In Eastern Europe, there is a long standing attitude against any vaccinations, not only against swine flu vaccine. People say:"We will survive it [epidemics] just as we have survived hard times before".
Another trend is to produce vaccines locally rather than use imported vaccines. We do not trust imported vaccine.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I simply dont get it-so 86 people die, from pneumonia, was that an swine flu?? Nobody knows, but the actions of Goverments, Media, is like there has an WW3 started. In fact, at this point all we know for sure, that there are some diseases, probably flue, that has proven to be lethal in 0,0167%.
So the big question is:
1)is this a pharmacie agenda, and probably nothing happens(I hope thats the case)
2)or there is some virus, that is absolutly knew to us and nobody knows how to treat it, or what development it will go, and thats why there are panic
These two questions is so important because every one speaks about vaccine, that is bad, laboratories that has been contaminated, and so on, BUT, no ones question what knew virus is this. No evidence, no facts only pure speculations!!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by waterdoctor

Do not worry about a mutation, until the WHO give the signal. If it is true, it would explain the reason why the United States implemented a state of emergency so quickly.

quickly as in a week or two before the outbreak kinda quickly?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Excerpt from the wiki article detailing the 1918 Pandemic:

This huge death toll was caused by an extremely high infection rate of up to 50% and the extreme severity of the symptoms, suspected to be caused by cytokine storms. Indeed, symptoms in 1918 were so unusual that initially influenza was misdiagnosed as dengue, cholera, or typhoid. One observer wrote, "One of the most striking of the complications was hemorrhage from mucous membranes, especially from the nose, stomach, and intestine. Bleeding from the ears and petechial hemorrhages in the skin also occurred." The majority of deaths were from bacterial pneumonia, a second infection caused by influenza, but the virus also killed people directly, causing massive hemorrhages and edema in the lung
....Another unusual feature of this pandemic was that it mostly killed young adults, with 99% of pandemic influenza deaths occurring in people under 65, and more than half in young adults 20 to 40 years old.

en.wikipedia.org...

It's little wonder people suspect the retrieved 1918 virus from dead bodies is responsible for our current pandemic.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Got to page 72 of this thread before I couldn't stand it anymore.

1. Big props to Asen for giving us updates. I don't know if you guys have considered this (esp those poo-pooing him) but did it occur to you that he is putting himself in danger reporting this stuff? There seems to be a huge media blackout in western nations (scream that there is atleast *some* sort of conspiracy, even the west's unwillingness to help a fellow nation and INNOCENT PEOPLE, human beings) about this, yet he is keeping us informed, even posting pictures taken from his room in the hostel.

2. People such as Beefcake, seriously dude, make up your mind! One minute you are claiming that this is fear mongering about the swine flu vaccine, the next you state that you never did such thing... One minute you think it is a big blow up over swine flu, then saying it's not... then you dismiss TRAINED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS and instead decide WIKIPEDIA is a more reliable source of info than people with real world experience and education.

3. Nikiano, Paxnatus, I applaud you for your attempts at giving insights and realistic (amongst the craziness) the most plausible explanations of what is happening.

4. I would like to add something myself now; I have no experience with anything medical, but one thing that bugs me is the fact that the elderly seem "resistant" to this virus or bacteria. My proposition is that the elderly are doing something that we are not; taking medications. For example, diabetic tablets, blood pressure, heart tablets, etc. Is there something in these tablets that fends off infection or provides immunity?? is it even plausible? Maybe even such as consuming certain foods and beverages

[edit on 5-11-2009 by SerialLurker]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
People on the streets in Kyiv talk that "swine flu" is being sprayed over Ukraine by NATO planes.
glavnoe.ua...

Comment: such rumours are of course totally meaningless and absurd. However, as I warned in one of my previous posts, Ukrainians may quickly turn against West, if western countries will not respond to this epidemic. Or maybe someone wants another Pakistan in the middle of Europe?

[edit on 5-11-2009 by ahemot]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Please stick to the topic and leave out all the personal stuff, the thread is already on thin ice and will be closed down if people continue off topic posting.

I'm not trying to be rude I just thought maybe you missed those pages where the thread was locked once already.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Stirling's blog on the epidemic in Ukraine:
europebusines.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Parliamentarian: Cold and flu epidemic kills 96 in Ukraine

The cold and flu epidemic has killed 96 people in Ukraine, including nine children, seven pregnant women and six doctors, head of the Ukrainian parliament's health committee Tetiana Bakhteyeva said in an address to parliament on Thursday. Ukrainian regions do not have laboratories to diagnose the virus. There are only 200 diagnostic sets in Kyiv. Also, the regions do not have a sufficient amount of mechanical lung ventilation units, she said. "The country was not prepared for the epidemic," she said

I do wish the media in the region would settle on a single term for the outbreak, between all the different descriptions and translating software we get a new name for the crisis every few hours it seems.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialLurker

Older people have more resistance to this flu because it either is related to or shares characteristics of the Hong Kong flu pandemic of 68 or the prior one in the late fifties.

Prior exposure, no food tricks, meds or secret excercises, sorry...just prior exposure.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Officials: Swine flu confirmed in Iowa cat:
news.yahoo.com...

Maybe someone would comment on that information?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

In September 2009, senior law enforcement officials, health care professionals and experts from international organizations joined their forces to confront a chilling crisis – the plague had just been unleashed on their countries by unknown evildoers.

Organized by the INTERPOL Bioterrorism Unit, this third edition of the event took place from 29-30 September in Warsaw, Poland. Participants in the workshop numbered 27 from six Central and Eastern European countries (Belarus, Czech Republic, Finland, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine), as well as 15 participants from international organizations such as Europol, the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Centre for Disease Control, the European Commission (Directorate General for Health and Consumer Affairs and Directorate General for Justice, Freedom and Security), the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).

The exercise was entitled "Black Death". One of the captions at the link reads....

Bacteria used in an aerosol attack could cause cases of pneumonic plague

www.interpol.int...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hello everyone!

I'm from Moldova. We're very close to Ukraine and people are getting worried over here. Yesterday i saw many peeps with protective masks in transport and streets. So far, according to our mass media we have registred 65 cases of H1N1. Ony yesterday 9 students from a high school were hospitalized wtih same symptoms. Every one is waiting for the vaccine, our media coverage is so poor, a very few are aware of the story behind Swine Flu and its possible consequences. Our government decided to extend school holidays for another week but, universities should work as normal.

I'm gonna keep you in touch with latest news from my country.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by newmoldo]

[edit on 5-11-2009 by newmoldo]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Someone way back in the thread half-jokingly suggested this virus was a result of radiation from the Chernobyl disaster. I replied and said that in all seriousness, such a possibility could not be ruled out. It's been 23 years since the disaster, quite enough time for radiation effects to become well-embedded in the ecosystem.

Edit to add: I need to make that point that radiation levels may not have been extremely high in some regions, but there would only need to be isolated pockets where it was higher (eg where watercourses have their watersheds), in order to maybe create conditions for mutation.

Chernobyl is in the northern region of Ukraine, near the border with Belarus, and due almost directly north from Kiev. Working from memory of what I've read, the fallout from Chernobyl covered a vast area; about 60% that fell within the Soviet region drifted over Belarus. Many countries were affected by the radioactive cloud, depending on the vagaries of the prevailing weather conditions that spring of 1986.

Reports stated that parts of NW Ukraine were affected, and that's the region where this outbreak appears to have started. As you'd appreciate, this could be purely co-incidental of course.

Interestingly, a Czech friend told me not long after the news got out (in 1986) that it could be a generation before the full consequences of Chernobyl became apparent. Maybe he was right; I don't know. I accept that we can only take his statements now as an opinion and not as fact.

As for the health of the people in the region, I don't think we will ever get a true, detailed and thorough analysis of how seriously the radioactive fallout affected them. Knowing the way that the old regime practised obfuscation and disinformation we can reasonably assume that any reports of illnesses and death were downplayed.

At this time, the health system in Ukraine is a bit of a shambles. They do their best but govt funding has been insufficient, and the low rates of pay are not likely to persuade the best-qualified to remain there: they would rather travel west where they can make a decent living.

The fact that the Ukrainian govt virtually begged the manufacturers of Tamiflu to basically give them supplies is a good indicator or the country's budgeting for health care. I recall the reports saying they got 300,000 doses at 10% of the normal price. Looking at what they've been asking for from other nations, their reserve supplies of common needs such as masks and antibiotics must be practically nil.

Can we reasonably assume that these factors would worsen the severity of any epidemic's effects? It seems a reasonable assumption. If on top of it the infectious agent has a higher lethality than seasonal outbreaks (and we still may lack complete data on this), then that could account for a lot of the serious symptoms that have been reported. Or under-reported, perhaps. Even the figures on the Ministry of Health's website are incomplete, for in some columns the numbers, quite literally, just don't add up.

Sadly and very typically, ordinary people are suffering for the inadequacies, poor prioritization and lack of foresight of their government.

Mike

[edit on 5/11/09 by JustMike]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Here is a map over the radiation from Chernobyl.

maps.grida.no...

The area of the flu outbreak was not the worst hit by radiation.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I hope the mods will take into account that some of us rarely post so are not aware of all these rules, and this thread is so long that we couldn't possibly keep up with every post so some of us were unaware of it nearly being closed down until happening upon a few of those warning posts by chance clicking on the right page!

That said: here is some info I just found that is related and I'm not sure if this info has been posted before, but if not here it is. I don't know the source, it was posted on FourWinds10.com, and the links don't work!

The Hungarian Portal: page removed?
and
another page removed?

Hi All,

We've been reading about the Ukrainian Flu outbreak, and I've been talking to "friends" who have ties inside the Kremlin. They were Soviet Era Staff, and stay in touch with old friends today. Take it for what it's worth; as I gave them my word of complete confidentiality. All any of us have to do is look around at the current events, and what I was told goes from conjecture to factual.

Start...

According to sources, test results are starting to come in, there are only a few deaths that can be attributed to the H1N1 Flu Virus; the global media outlets are lying. There are many stricken with a mystery illness, but they are in areas considered to be under the Chernobyl cloud. The Ukraine Government appealed for help to combat a very quick onset of the current flu season. They received vaccinations and Tamiflu. There were also requests for additional doctors, but where not remitted, all aid currently received is simply the supplies.

The Ukrainian Government has appealed to NGO's from around the world choosing them over WHO, to assist in the epidemiology studies, forensics, and are even requesting aid from Russia.

Officials there believe this "new" disease is actually a combination of persistent flu's being absorbed by a community already compromised by other ailments including the pollution caused from: mining regions, former Chernobyl province, Chernobyl cloud, etc), The Ukraine Government has looked into possibilities, and fear they are being given the vaccine, and medicine by parties who know that it will not work, and could do more harm than good to the people of those regions as they are already being of compromised health.

They feel it will end up killing more people, and could cause the virus mutate.

Also, strongly believed within both the Ukrainian, and Russian Governments is that this was biological warfare attempt, by Georgia/US/Israel as it hit during a period where university students would be on break; frequently traveling back, and forth between Moscow, and Kiev. The sources said with the combination of vaccine, Tamiflu, the weakened immune systems, and the "OTC" drugs they are taking, we will see an extraordinarily high death rate, given the particular population. The sources said the governments there believe, it's meant to "scare" Russians,or seed them with a mutated form of the virus. Apparently all vaccine lots are being closely examined....

[END]

That was it so far. I recommend keeping an eye on current events. Here's more news coming from Hungary.

Minister says Ukraine flu epidemic to create emergency in Hungary

There is no flu epidemic in Hungary but the epidemic in Ukraine may create an emergency situation, the health minister said on public television late on Sunday.

"There is a very RAPID and VIRULENT virus in Ukraine; the number of patients multiplies overnight and this creates an emergency situation in Hungary because the virus will not stop at the border," Tamas Szekely said.

A Szonda Ipsos survey released on Sunday shows that 73 percent of Hungarians do not wish to get vaccinated against the new flu. The 18 to 39 age group is most averse to vaccination, with 86 percent of people rejecting it.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by formernewager]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ok, I am noticing another pattern in the events here pointing to something even bigger than a pandemic....I thought I might comment on it:

FIRST: Ahemot posts a letter from an eye witness who is seriously worried that this is plague, and not flu.

E-mail from Eyewitness in Romania Concerning Pneumonic Plague

November 4, 2009

It is quite possible that what they are really dealing with is the Pnumonic Plague or black death. There are outbreaks all over Romania now, however they will not give any details on the infection and are still insisting that it is all swine flu. My bravo sierra detector is going off big time. What I am seeing here in Romania and getting reports of in Ukraine, poland, Bulgaria, and Hungary is afast moving disease. If is is the black death, you should be concerned, when the black death wiped out 25% of Europe it took 4 years before the plague subsided. It is virulent however it does NOT burn itself out quickly. Sounds like I need some thieves oil.

SECOND, Ahemot posted another good link showing that now there are rumors in Kiev that NATO is spraying swine flu in Ukraine. I put that article through Google translator, and this is what I got:

Sorry procession in honor of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God and the Day of National Unity, which is celebrated in Russia. At the rally attended by more than 200 people, informs RIA "New Region".

While the faithful waited for the event starts at the Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra, chanting prayers, one of the Brotherhood activists climbed onto the platform and began to urge the audience not to be inoculated against swine flu, saying that the epidemic is a new psychological and bacteriological weapons of the West.

"NATO aircraft, which was allowed to overfly the territory of Ukraine, its spray" - they said, and grandmother with icons began to actively discuss the new version of the spread of disease.

The procession began with a visit to the Kyiv Metropolis for the transfer of treatment bishops Ukrainian Orthodox Church Moscow Patriarchate, in which believers have expressed dissatisfaction that the UOC-MP has begun negotiations with the schismatics of the "Kiev Patriarchate" and UAOC.

Participants then formed a procession in a column and marched to the Verkhovna Rada. Here they held a picket in support of the bill, allowing the faithful to abandon the identification code.

The participants of the procession had picketed the building of the Government of Ukraine and the Secretariat of the President to give up membership in NATO, the installation of the monument Hetman Mazepa in Kiev and undo the renaming of the street in his honor on which the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra.

THIRD:, for all of you who are regular ATSers, you should remember for the last 6 months or so, lots of people on ATS have been saying that a huge false flag attack is in the works for October.

If I remember correctly, even Vice President BIDEN said that months ago, saying something like: "Something BIG is going to happen in October" or something like that.

Can someone refresh my memory?

FOURTH: Squiz posts this about emergency disaster drills about the plague being unleashed in Ukraine and other countries...about a month before there are reports that it actually breaks out.

Originally posted by squiz

In September 2009, senior law enforcement officials, health care professionals and experts from international organizations joined their forces to confront a chilling crisis – the plague had just been unleashed on their countries by unknown evildoers.

Organized by the INTERPOL Bioterrorism Unit, this third edition of the event took place from 29-30 September in Warsaw, Poland. Participants in the workshop numbered 27 from six Central and Eastern European countries (Belarus, Czech Republic, Finland, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine), as well as 15 participants from international organizations such as Europol, the UN Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Centre for Disease Control, the European Commission (Directorate General for Health and Consumer Affairs and Directorate General for Justice, Freedom and Security), the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).

The exercise was entitled "Black Death". One of the captions at the link reads....

Bacteria used in an aerosol attack could cause cases of pneumonic plague

www.interpol.int...

***Uh....anyone else but me remember the fact that on 9/11, there was also a drill happening of the pentagon and the WTC being hit by planes? People couldn't tell if it was just a drill, or the real thing until it was too late.

SOOO...., putting all that together, here is my theory:

What if this is the event that starts WWIII?

Like when someone assisinated Archduke Ferdinand, which started WWI? Except, instead of assasinating a duke, someone has spread biowarfare in Eastern Europe, using a contaminated vaccine with 3 live viruses?

Or....what if this is a false-flag terrorist attack against Ukraine and Eastern Europe, as many predicted that there would be a false flag in October?

I never before believed in a nefarious "Powers That Be" that is trying to create world destruction, but I must admit....I'm starting to.

Or, what if this truly is a terrorist attack?

If I remember correctly, wasn't there a warning by Bin Laden (or an imposter) that recently who warned Germany and Europe about something really, really big happening??? Something terrible? What if this is it?

The reason I theorize this could be much bigger than just a pandemic, is once again, because of the web bot prediction.

Why?

We have to remember that the web bot forecast something happening on October 25 two years in advance. When the web bot sees something happening years in advance, it is usually GLOBAL in nature. For example, it foresaw 9/11 happening 18 months in advance, but saw this happening 2 years in advance. 9/11 changed the world. My guess (and their guess) was that this event would change the world even more.

So, if this pandemic does spark something like WWIII , it would be remembered on the day it all began as the day when Obama declared a National Swine Flu State of Emergency, on October 25, 2009.....

I have never believed in some nefarious "Powers That Be" before (don't even know who they are....) but what if there truly are people who want to destroy the world, and if so.....what if this is a false flag attack designed to start WWIII?

***Multiple edits done by me as I collected my thoughts and put them into a more easily read format.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
reply to post by JustMike

Here is a map over the radiation from Chernobyl.
maps.grida.no...
The area of the flu outbreak was not the worst hit by radiation.

Actually, there is another map, which shows that Ukraine was not so much affected as other countries/regions.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
And another Bioterroism exercise in Switzerland only a few weeks before.

The US and Swiss governments co-hosted an International Bioterrorism Response Coordination Exercise (called "Black ICE II") in Montreux, Switzerland, on September 7-8, the Swiss Foreign Minsitry announced on Wednesday.

The exercise challenged participants with a fictional attack scenario involving pneumonic plague. The scenario is not based on real-world threat information and is not meant to indicate that this particular type of attack is likely.

www.news.admin.ch...

I did make a thread on this, didn't get any hits. So I'm just putting it out there as another curiosity.

Take one fairly benign virus missing the vital gene. Infect the population, now add to the mix the missing gene in another virus, the magic ingredient.
Wait for nature to do it's recombining in human hosts. And hey presto! Spanish Flu.
What if?

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join