It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Seems funny that they our governments have been telling us that they can supply us all with flu shots and all of a sudden there is this great shortage of it ,not only a shortage but there are now 2 flu shots for us all this year it seems that they don't know which end is up -what drug company is going to gouge us again .

but then 2 we were told that in the days of the end that there were 2 be a set # of plagues to befall us ,not by gods hand but our own stupidity[governmental]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/4/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I cannot speak for other regions of the US, but in my area (upper mid-west) we got hit with H1N1 hard about three weeks ago. We are currently in the decline. Vaccinations started a little over a week and 1/2 ago. I don't believe vaccines had any to do with the outbreak as it started prior to the vaccinations. Many children ended up in hospital for a day or two. I know of one case that was taken out of state because he was so severe. There may have been others. I am a teacher and had students that were so sick that they could hardly walk due to lung issues. Every day for three weeks, I heard coughing everywhere and lots of pneumonia cases diagnosed. Funny the doctors would tell patients you have pneumonia etc.. but would not state it had anything to do with the flu. However, in MSM reports they would state that as a generalization. I guess doctors felt a patient might find comfort to think they have pneumonia but not h1n1?? I stayed well despite being surrounded by coughing, sick kids. I believe I owe that to Vitamin D and C!

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

The hemorrahgic pneumonia report is coming from a doctor Niman related to Ligand pharmaceutical. Baxter also has a plant in Kiev area, they are a rival. We haven't heard from an official Ukranian doctor or London on the results yet, right?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I saw them giving both...they gave a lot of the flu mist to the kids, too. Which, by the way, I thought was very stupid, being a live vaccine. "Here, kids, take this live vaccine....IN SCHOOL....where you can then spread it to everyone else, while you're shedding...the live vaccine. Enjoy."

No, no conspiracy there.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

does some one need a hug ?

sorry just trying to clear the tension in the room.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Amagnon... I agree with your analysis, but please, the mods have given their final warning!! I don't want this thread closed

Is he gonna change, no matter what you say? Is it worth getting the thread closed over?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

To Clouds:
I would just like to take a moment and say thank you "Clouds". I appreciate you taking the time to read and digest what I have said throughout this thread.
For truly being able to see what was intended with my posts; which was to share my professional opinion based on the very little we had to go on. Most importantly, I thank you for taking a stand on my behalf and teaching all of us here, that yours is the example to follow.

To all the people directly impacted by the attacks that have taken place, I apologize for derailing and delaying this thread in anyway. I want you, ATS to know, after Clouds spoke up for me here, he was banned at the other forum that he mentioned. He was willing to sacrifice and he did. Like I said an example for all.

Honesty, is the foundation that value and integrity are rooted in, but without accountability it is meaningless. Even though, we are a conspiracy site, we need to hold not only our members but ourselves to a higher level of expectation knowing every post carries a certain amount of responsibility. After all ATS has an International audience, we may never realize the potential impact our posts may have on another.

There is so much confusion surrounding the situation in the Ukraine I think we need to at least start entertaining the idea, that this virus is deadly, hemorrhagic and Not the H1N1 currently here in the West. Just as someone said earlier the name of the thread is "Unknown virus" "Not Swine Flu"

Let's regroup and think, we are missing something, what is it? We still have very much an unknown virus. I stand by my original post in saying this is hemorrhagic and extremely virulent. We need everyone here to start thinking critically this could be headed our way soon enough. I pray not.

Sincerely,
Pax

[edit on 4-11-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Originally posted by seagull
OK.

This thread is being reopened, with this simple rule. It bloody well stays on topic. ...and the topic is most assuredly not other members. If you are having an issue with a member that you simply can not deal with with civility, utilize the ignore function. That's what it's there for. Use it.

There will be no further chances. You've used them all up. The next closure will the the last one.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I saw them giving both...they gave a lot of the flu mist to the kids, too. Which, by the way, I thought was very stupid, being a live vaccine. "Here, kids, take this live vaccine....IN SCHOOL....where you can then spread it to everyone else, while you're shedding...the live vaccine. Enjoy."

No, no conspiracy there.

No kidding! 21 days kids, go play and spread the joy. Make sure you kiss your parents too! I feel like the vaccination process is out of control, and has been for a while. Yes, I'm grateful to have not contracted polio and TB. No lockjaw was a swell bonus too. The rest of it..... are we systematically compromising our autoimmune system? I believe so.

I think that one of the benefits of this thread has been to bring to light the idea that those who've gotten the seasonal flu jab, might be more succeptible to H1N1. I think the last three years have been the first time in my life that I've absolutely not trusted the vaccine community.

Thank you Mom, for not making me take the jab past age 10.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I personally don't have any problem with what you've been posting, Pax. You bring a trained, medical insight to the table and it's been clear to me that you are expressing your opinion. I think we're pretty much okay most of the time when we do that, and make certain that people understand it IS our opinion.

I can see where you'd think a Marburg-like HF. What I'm most interesting in reading are opinions of the medical community, as they are trained in identification, but perhaps more importantly -- at least to hazard communication -- is the medical nomenclature. It's entirely possible that acute symptoms of H1N1, in combination with pneumonia, are the source of the somewhat spotty reports. Still, I hear ya. I hope to not read that folks are "crashing", and some of the reports have set off alarms to me as well.

While the growing deaths are bad news, I'm allowing myself a wide sliver of hope that they are being reported promptly, and that it isn't a geometric progression. Meanwhile, any efforts to quantify the disease(s) present will benefit everyone in the area........ and globally.

I wish I could really feel a strong sense of trust for the reports issuing from the WHO.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Has this been posted and I missed it? see link for full statement.
Quote:
President's address to the Ukrainian people on the occasion of flu epidemic in Ukraine

Dear fellow citizens!

I address you in performance of my constitutional duty under the Article 106 of the Basic Law of the state.

The reason is the emergency epidemic situation in the country.

Infections of viral origin, including the A/H1N1 flu, are rapidly spreading across Ukraine.

The emergency is evident in the scale of the epidemic: the speed and the geography of its spreading, rapid progress of the illness and the exceptional number of deaths.

People are dying. The epidemic is killing doctors. This is absolutely unprecedented and inconceivable in the XXI century.

All the limits have been exceeded - even those under the Constitution that determine my actions as the President.

Therefore I am motivated by the most important: the security of your life and your health.

Therefore I give clear and frank assessment of the situation. And you should know that. www.president.gov.ua...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

Swine flu is the creation of drug companies, anyone who is aware of anti-computer virus companies around the world know that those companies hire programmers to create viruses and solutions, easy money.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

It's posts like yours that are killing the thread. I'm not attacking anyone, I'm discussing and debating the information.

People are still posting the now 4 day old article about "pneumonic plague" and claiming that Ukraine is suffering from "the plague". We've had several people who speak Russian and Ukranian post here telling us the term is a translation error, not a literal claim that the plague is infecting Ukraine.

I have every right to dispute posts based on the data just like you do. What people seem to have a huge issue with is having someone post anything counter to theirs. That's what a discussion forum is for, to discuss and debate. It's not to constantly attack people on a personal level, something I've been a victim of in this thread constantly but have not engaged in.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
reply to post by picrat

Swine flu is the creation of drug companies, anyone who is aware of anti-computer virus companies around the world know that those companies hire programmers to create viruses and solutions, easy money.

That is probably one of the clearest insights I've read yet.

Why didn't I think of that? We pharmacists are always joking around about how drug companies make up "fictitious" illnesses so they can sell drugs for them. Why didn't I think of the possibility of them creating a new flu virus so they could sell more vaccine? Purely profit driven....perfect motive.

Great analogy...computer engineers creating viruses....genetic engineers creating viruses.

Star for you.

EDIT TO ADD:

Anyone else on here getting "sympathetic flu symptoms" for Asen?

I suddenly started coming down with symptoms tonight, and then I wondered....am I getting a psychosomatic flu? lol!!

Oh, dear...maybe I should get off ATS for a while.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think that we can only go so far in stretching our brains about what this situation in Ukraine is all about -- especially those of us not in the medical field.

I have to rely on what the experts are saying. Unfortunately I don't know how much the experts can be trusted. Can we rely on the WHO to say honestly what their test results show? If just one case is confirmed as H1N1 will they then just automatically write everything off to that, or can we trust them to investigate further.

If anything, this thread has shed light on the WHO that causes me to question the WHO more than I ever did before.

About the only thing that is clear is that more people are dying with s y m p t o m s of pneumonia or respiratory problems than anything else. We can argue all day about whether or not the symptoms result from flu or bacterial infection; but we won't know for sure unless the WHO does the appropriate tests.

I hope they do.

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join