It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Council bans parents from play areas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Council bans parents from play areas

Parents have been banned from supervising their children in public playgrounds, because they have not undergone criminal record checks. Only council-vetted "play rangers" are now allowed to monitor youngsters in two adventure areas in Watford while parents must watch from outside a perimeter fence.
The Watford Borough Council policy has been attacked as insulting and a disgrace by furious relatives who say they are being labelled as potential paedophiles.
It will further fuel concerns over a growing nanny state amid the deepening row over the Government's new national anti-paedophile database.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Parents banned from playing with children in Britain. BRITISH parents are being banned from playing with their children in council recreation areas because they have not been vetted by police.
Mothers and fathers are being forced to watch their children from outside perimeter fences because of fears they could be paedophiles.
Watford Council was branded a "disgrace" yesterday after excluding parents from two fenced-off adventure playgrounds unless they first undergo criminal record checks.
Children as young as five will instead be supervised by council "play rangers" who have been cleared by the Criminal Records Bureau.

www.news.com.au...

Row over parents playground ban

A council in Hertfordshire has banned parents from two council-run adventure playgrounds because they have not been Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checked.

Watford Borough Council wrote to parents and carers saying adults without a CRB check would have to be supervised by vetted playworkers

news.bbc.co.uk...

The quote by Mother-of-five Marcella Bergin and prospective Conservative parliamentary candidate for Watford Richard Harrington , probably sums up my thoughts on the issue quite well.

Marcella: "It's like they are branding all parents potential paedophiles, which is disgraceful.
"Ninety-nine per cent of people are great parents and certainly not child abusers."

Richard Harrinton: ""The council has made the decision that parents are no longer allowed to play with their children in the play areas and that children will be cared for by 'qualified and police vetted play rangers'.
"It's a sick joke. This is a case of creating problems where there are none...."

Slowly but surely it would appear that the rights of the people are being dwindled away but it has been so gradual that many have been completely oblivious about the changes let alone consequences. It seems now people are really starting to wake up but is it too late?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

This is beyond ridiculous.

Why are you parents accepting this? Just all walk in together and say "These are our children, back off".

Don't let stupid little bureaucrats rule your life.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Just to follow up. here is a statement from the
Watforg .gov website:

Statement about Harwoods and Harebreaks Adventure Playground
Contrary to reports in the media, Watford Borough Council has not banned parents from public parks and playgrounds in the town!

The press have inaccurately reported what Harwoods and Harebreaks are; they are not open public facilites. They never have been. They are closed, fully supervised facilities.

They are no different to other fully supervised facilities, like schools, playgroups or nurseries - where adults are not allowed to stay.

Parents and carers are, of course, welcome to bring their children safely into the sites and settle them in.

If parents aren't happy leaving their children - there are lots of other options open to them. In the town, there are 4 community centres, 5 children’s centres, over 40 areas of park and playgrounds, as well as a museum, two libraries... These are also free to attend and open to everyone.

www.watford.gov.uk...

So parents aren't allowed in supervised areas? What's the point of having supervised areas? Can't the adults be 'monitored' anyway???

I guess if the parents want to be with their children they should take them elsewhere as per the advice from the council.... I know I wouldn't want to leave my children in 'State' care, under supervision by 'Nannys'.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by cams]

[edit on 30-10-2009 by cams]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cams

OK, as I said, get all the parents together and challenge this stupid rule.

There is power in numbers - do not let some stupid rule keep you away from your own children when they are playing.

These people have no power to dictate what you do with your children - just tell them that, and if you have all the parents there they will have no choice.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
This is just what i needed

to put me over the edge.

No wonder this world has to end.

top topics

join