It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if u did something BAD as a "child"...how can you make up for it now? (Repent)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
There is natural guilt, like when you INTENTIONALLY hurt someone or kill someone(intentional or not). Same applies to animals unless you need to eat them.

Guilt is only meant to stop you from doing wrong again. Simple biological mechanism. Part of all creaturehood. If you're not going to do it again then the NECESSARY guilt has done it's job. Sounds like you are experiencing unnecessary guilt.

In regards to redemption, you will pick up the tab if you haven't already. Happens naturally, don't fret. If it makes you feel better, do something good.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by mrwiffler]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Sounds like you are experiencing unnecessary guilt.

I can never understand how any one can for instance be a police officer, and destroy innocent people for no reason.

I think that sort of person is far worse than any criminal. Pure scum.

Maybe those people feel guilt, for a good reason. Its part of life isn't it, and we all look back, especially when we are board. But like i said, if you did not want the guilt, you still had a choice as a child. But like i said, most people do not understand what is right or wrong, as long as they get there selfish pleasure.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Yeah, people repress their natural guilt. Dern fools. Science tells us it doesn't matter what we do and religion tells us it's ok as long as we pray to Jesus or say some magic words. Both utter bullsh#t.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Yeah, people repress their natural guilt. Dern fools. Science tells us it doesn't matter what we do and religion tells us it's ok as long as we pray to Jesus or say some magic words. Both utter bullsh#t.

Too right, thats the only problem i have with christian values, people interpret that they can do what ever they want as long as they goto mass on sundays. I do not think thats how it works at all, but people rationalise it that way. Thats why people like police can do what they want to innocent people, and society goes wow isnt that person great.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I don't expect the OP to tell his/her personal story, but consider the millions of "girls" who had abortions when they were teenagers. There is some heavy guilt that goes along with that for many, though they don't realize before the abortion how it is going to affect them.

In cases like this you can ask and receive forgiveness from God. The Holy Spirit can even remove the guilt to a large extent.

I don't know who the OP wants "forgiveness" from, but if it is God, pray, and pray again, when you lay down to go to sleep. As long as you feel the guilt, pray. I gaurantee you that one day you will be released from feeling this burden. It may take weeks or months, it's in God's time, but it works. You'll know it when it happens.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I think this is a great topic.

I think we must learn 'why' we did the things we did. We must be brave and look into what attribute caused this action or behavior. Was it greed? Was it pride? Was it selfishness? Was it gratification? Was it lust or desire for self? Was it fear (such as fear of not fitting in with a group, which again, can link back to gratification, the need to be gratified by others). Was it a mindset that caused the action, such as a mindset the parents or society gave the child?

As long as we learn the 'why'....and understand how to avoid this same behavior....then I think this is all that is needed. You can then truly forgive yourself for your behavior as well you can use this tool to forgive others for their past behaviors, seeing that behaviors can be traced back to ways of the flesh/carnal actions.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

no - absolutely not - that is not what we're here for

and that's not why he or she is here

they don't owe anyone here at ATS any kind of confession - and it's not our place to ask

kaskade is asking for help solving a personal dilemma

none of us is in a position to grant absolution

the question asked is a good question - no matter how we look at it - we don't need to know the specifics

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Something to remember to help us face past things is that we are a species that learns from experiences.

Accept what we do, learn why we do it, accept credit to the age that we did it, knowing that we wouldnt be able to learn anything about ourselves without our past experiences.

I dont think we need to regret past things because without our past actions, we wouldnt learn from them. Embrace the action, accept the action, know why we acted in such a way.....and learn from it, change from it....become who you are now....from it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaskade

We all do things as kids that we later on in life regret. SOME WORST...some less...but non the less i think some of us at least have "some" sort of guilt from doing something as a kid. From picking on another kid, to BIGGER.

But my question is...what can one do to i guess "MAKE UP" for it.

What is "bad" and what is "good”?

You are speaking of (Polarity or Duality).

What is the concept of "making up”? What is “regret"?

Words. Just words formed through breath and lips.

If you could not see, hear, smell, taste, touch or think would you continue to "regret”?

Be wise to your truth

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank you all for the replies. Truelly do appreciate it. It's an issue or two that i've always dealt with, but just pushed it OUT of my mind. I really couldn't bare to think of it. One of those things you wont tell anyone, and will hardly admit to yourself.

1. was when i was about 7-8 years old

2.and the other one was when i was like in 7th or 8th grade...(not that young)
i think i would have been 11-12?

So i wasn't a "KID" persay, but i def. wasn't old.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Don't worry, eventually something rotten will come your way

Although, if it bothers you enough, go see a Psychiatrist, you can't beat yourself up all the time over something.

By the way, your a completely different person now, allegedly none of your cells are the same as they were back then, and you as a person consciously wouldn't do a horrific thing now.

Either let it go, or seek some help.

oh haha well im not going INSANE over it. its just sometimes the thought comes up, and im kinda cringe. Its really just ONE ISSUE in my mind that sticks out. The other few are sorta just "feel bad" like wow...what a piece of # little kid i must have been.

I'll give u ONE EXAMPLE that is probably the "minor" one out of the couple.

There was this kid in our class named "RAY" he was this black kid with a big lip. I have no idea why but somehow in our class we would "choose" who to make fun of that day...it was something we either accepted, or HAD to accept. It even landed on me on some days, but i was in the "cooler crowd" so i was more the harasser.

Anyways...i remember one time for whatever stupid reason, we were making fun of this kid ray. About his big lip, "bubba lip ray" we would say.
Anyways, i was about 8-9 years old (5th grade, can anyone remember the age?)

And for SOME REASON...he said something back to me, that everyone was like OOOHHH!!!!! (a good comeback)
his father passed away as a child...and for whatever reason i said something to the extent of;

"well at least i have a dad, your dad didnt even like you, he didnt like u so much he had to DIE to get away from yoU!!"

and i seen the sadness drop, his heart turn to ice. He wasn't even MAD he just looked crushed.
And even then i laughed and thought YEA! I GOT HIM BACK!!

and now it took me til i was about 17-18 years old (im 21 now) to really think about it and tell myself wow...that was really one of the cruelest things you could have said. What the hell is wrong with you?
I know we all make mistakes, and this isn't really the issue im asking about (theres a bigger more deep one for me) but this is just a good example of something i have done that truelly is "evil"...that i just feel bad for.
I apologized to him later on in high school, we still were friends, and were good towards one another. But it always stuck out in my mind..wow...what a piece of crap i am lol

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
Sounds like you already know. Do something similar to what Gandhi recommended. If possible, make amends with the person you hurt. If that's not possible, then do something to help someone who is similar to the one you hurt.

Of course, you'd also need to ensure that you've given up the activity that did the harm.

exactly what i was thinking =]
thanks for making my decision a bit better.

Im glad to have found ATS, although we all might bicker and dis-agree. Im glad i can ask these random issues, and get a wide range of different type of answers, but all relevant to what i asked.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere1
How does it go "Karma is a biotch!" It all comes back, or is this just the guilty mind waiting for it? Nah, Karma is a real biotch! Be good boys and girls.

I disagree, karma is not a biatch, it is life, karma can be bad and good. karma is the result of your choices, make good ones, karma I believe will treat you well.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is no such thing as karma, irony rules. The op will just have to live with what happened. Thats life, and i would leave your victim alone, and just forget about them.

Life is full of this, but karma does not exist, so i think thats the only reason you care.

I tell you the victim, you sh1t on probably never wants to hear from you again.

You just have to accept the person you are, thats life, not everyone knows right from wrong.

Again leave your victim alone, but go and seek someone to talk too, if you have too. But leave your victim alone.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
The best way to "clean up your karma" from whatever age, is to choose from this point on, not to harm others. To make it a point, to never seriously hurt someone- emotionally, physically, or mentally. To ascend to that higher knowing of being a "good" person. Everyone makes mistakes, but having learned from them- it is what you do with the knowledge that you will be judged upon in the end.

I echo this sentiment and in addition, do good deeds.
Guilt is a useless and harmfull emotion.
We screw up, we are humans but if we still exist and are alive we can make a difference.

So forgive yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Get over and grow up! Not to be nasty but you really need to
get over yourself or your ego. I see a really good person in you
that you need to find. I believe you have a lot to offer!

Peace, as no harm is meant.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlternateEnding
reply to post by andy1033

Get over and grow up! Not to be nasty but you really need to
get over yourself or your ego. I see a really good person in you
that you need to find. I believe you have a lot to offer!

Peace, as no harm is meant.

Haha thats how it usually goes right?
The hardest most brutual face value advice...usually tends to be the best lol

I remember i went threw a hard break up about 2 years ago, and my friend who i kept confining to finally told me one afternoon;

"Michael it happened, either get over it or just shut up about it already. GET OVER IT, theres nothing you can do."

I sat there stunned sad, and amazed...literally after that conversation i just.."GOT OVER IT"
lol

=]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
before you attempt to re-pent maybe spend some time pondering the real meaning of what it is to simply pent in the first place.

just a suggestion.

-

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
When you remember all the bad things you have done, start thinking about the bad things that were done to you.

Have you been able to forgive the wrongs that were done to you?

If you are able to do that, then realize that just possibly, what you did to someone else has been forgiven by them also.

Also, it may be greater in your own mind than it is in theirs. Time may have faded the memory to become unconsequential to them. It would be rare for a person to hold a grudge for so long. The thing about holding grudges is that it can actually cause physical damage over a long period of time.

If that person has not learned to forgive you, then they have emotional and spiritual issues that they need to work on.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AlternateEnding

Thats what i like to see. Honest advice, just get to the point.

You forgive me for not taking your advice, but thats life lol.

Thats whats nice about the net we can just be so upfront, nothing wrong with that lol.

Its like what people did to me, not content with what they did to me at school, they set out to totally destroy my adult life, and put me in prison for no reason, other than they wanted too. The police have been desperate for 17 years to put me in prison for no reason. I have never commited a crime but the police still do this to people.

Do you think i am forgiving the people who did this, never. I will never do anything, but society i see it deserves every piece of trash there is, and the police government and the poeple i went to school with make this society the sh1t hole it is. The funny thing is, that the person who set out ot do this to me, goes to church on sunday, lol. So they virtually have murdered my life, and then these people goto church,a nd think they are somehow forgiven, lol.

Thats the only problem for me and the christian church, people like what they did to me, think they can murder people and then just goto mass, and its alright. Thats just sick, the people who did this to me, should be in prison.

But like i say society deserve all its trash, and man does it have all the trash it needs. Society is welcome to all the people who did this to me, and then society moans about why people are trash, lol.

[edit on 10/31/2009 by andy1033]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join