It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hovering UFO Baffles Astronomy Club Members (Embedded Video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Here is the link to the original thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

At the rear of it you could see what looked like bluish green waves that would both come and go from the main rear line of the object. Nowhere else was this color and wave seen, just at the rear.

The objects color was a combination of the just mentioned bluish green at the rear to a lighter orange yellow up through the main body and then into red orange, much more intense, than any of the other colors at the top or perhaps, from appearance at that time, leading edge. None of us had ever seen a color distribution of this sort before. Especially on either the Shuttle or any other normal day-to-day satellites. From our position/location it appeared to be hovering over either Bristow, Ok or possibly even Oklahoma City.

There was no attempt by any of us then to determine its specific distance or altitude from us. The same applies to its actual size. Visually, it appeared very similar to the size of Jupiter. Other than that comparison we honestly don’t know either its distance or specific altitude. It remained in the same position for approximately 40 minutes and never moved. Close to 8 P.M. we started to notice what appeared to be a ring of lights that was rotating around the bottom portion. The lights were seen in the same location that the bluish green colored waves were at. Several of us noticed this while looking at it through the telescopes.

Many thanks to Heliocentric for making my friends and I believe we had captured more than just a shiny object in the sky that night.

SVE

[edit on 30-10-2009 by thedude69]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Bump, it is now embedded, maybe people will discuss now.

SVE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It is a joke. That is just someone waiving one of those changing LED lights around in the dark. I do not have sound was this meant as a joke?
I can make this in my bathroom.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
In total agreement with zaiger .
Either someone waving LED lights around or LED lights hanging from a balloon .

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I do not see a connection between the video you have here and the sighting report. I think this is BS

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If they were astronomy club members why did they not put the camera on a tripod to get a decent shot

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am sort of glad you think this is BS, makes my claim that it is something spectacular all that more credible.

It moved like that because the object was very hard to focus on. It literally was in "the soup" or camouflaging itself. All the colors described in the thread are present in that object. If you do not see a correlation between the thread and the video, I feel you need a chill pill, because this is a legitimate experience I had.

SVE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
If they were astronomy club members why did they not put the camera on a tripod to get a decent shot

Sorry for not making it clearer, this is my response to that thread, I am not part of an astronomy club.

SVE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
www.youtube.com.../a/u/1/sNXy4qGMrxk

This thread started immediately after this video was uploaded. I think you made this and now im pretty sure it is a hoax.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thedude69

Why the cuts in the video? You pan over to the sky zoom in and then it cuts then it is a video of someone waiving around an LED light.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yes, I did edit it through final cut pro, I found the most compelling parts of 4-5 minutes of footage, and attempted to make it as continous as possible. I posted it on youtube so I could embed it on ATS.

Any more questions?

SVE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
just some comparrison videos to look at

now shake the camera arround more and you got a UFO

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedude69
Yes, I did edit it through final cut pro, I found the most compelling parts of 4-5 minutes of footage, and attempted to make it as continous as possible. I posted it on youtube so I could embed it on ATS.

Any more questions?

SVE

The audio never seems to cut but the video does i think you are trying to pull one over on us.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not only is the cut in the beginning of your presentation highly suspect, but it also negates the house (which we could use as a reference point) that appears directly under the light at the end of the street this was filmed on. Provide the unadulterated footage if you'd like anything positive to come of this thread, in my opinion.

The video evidence we have at this point isn't evidence at all. It's a blinking light being filmed by an unsteady hand.

*edited to add* While you can barely see the house after the cut is made, the zooming in process may reveal some things about the video. Just to clarify.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by hungrydirt]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Also.. "Hovering UFO baffles Astronomy Club" is just about as Weekly World News as you can get. Would a junior astronomer call a blinking light in the sky a "definite UFO" immediately after lining it up in their sights? And what astronomy club? If you define astronomy club as "a club where a group of like minded generation z'ers try to put our brains as high into orbit as possible", I'll buy that much.

These types of gags don't work here.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well i hear you playing with the light infront of your camera at the begining of the video and your friends kind of crack a smile.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed2188aa6147.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b102c81966a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/596e383bdb66.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/810696e351e6.jpg[/atsimg]
The last one you can kind of make out a head above the light but i could not highlight it any more

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Like most hoaxers you are moderating the comments on the youtube video.

What does a kid have to do to get a hoax tag these days?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by zaiger]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am not moderating anything on the youtube, this is the first video I have ever uploaded on that site...

Again this is real, I do not know what that was in the sky, however I drew a connection between what I recorded that night to a thread I saw pop up on here (on the front page) a couple of days later. I find your analysis impressive, however, that was not an LED light, it was in the sky!

Dude I am not a hoaxer, this video was meant to be enjoyed by fellow ATS'ers.

Edit: Oh and there are spots of light in both sides of my friends glasses, not just one. Another edit: no one has commented on my video except that one guy, you have made this process really frustrating for me Zaiger. Mininfo agent.

SVE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey i can do it too

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thedude69

Post the uncut version of the video please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join