It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light flash in lunar crater

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm experimenting with being able to post photos in a thread so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the photos will appear below. My thanks to Daisy - Lola for giving me the extra instruction on how to do it. I also thank the others who tried to help me but did not provide the final link.

We've all seen the following photos but they've been seen as a video. These are vidcaps from the video. When I first saw the NASA video many years ago I didn't notice the flashes that emanate from a darkened crater. The footage was shot, I understand, from Apollo 16 by astronaut Young but of this I'm not sure. It's what I've heard.

Not being privvy to the dialogue that must have ensued during the flight I don't know if the filmographer was filming the surface of the moon and the white object appeared or the filmographer saw the object fleeting above the lunar surface and tracked it. You can see the white object on the photos at just below where the 8o'clock number would be on a square clock face.

In the video, as the white object approaches the large, dark crater in the lower center of the photos you see a series of light flashes on the right edge of the crater. The light flash moves around or it's more than one flash. I later found light flashes in other nearby areas.

I had taped the video 'cause it was part of other footage shown on TV and curious about the visible light flashes I started to play the tape in slow motion and frame-by-frame. Eventually, after finding all of the visible flashes I saw that a light flash occurs in the center of the crater. Except that it lasts for 2 frames!

Being primitive with the electronic equipment I owned, I played the tape on a VCR while I recorded it to my digital camcorder 'cause I was going to make vidcaps using the camcorders still image feature which records on an SD card. Unfortunately, the still feature recorded in a low-resolution 640x480 so what you see is a little less sharp than what is seen in the video. Also, I recorded only the center flash and not the crater's edge and nearby areas. I will do that in the future.

Here is a YouTube version of the video and it shows the main light flash on the edge of the crater but you don't see the light flash in my photos, the video's resolution prevents it.
www.youtube.com...

I suggest that you grab the photos below and when you have all four, you play them as fast as your computer can flash them so that you can see the light come on, intensify, and disappear. It's in the center of the large dark crater.

Comments welcomed.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
A reflection on ice ?

Have you come to any conclusion yourself ?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder
A reflection on ice ?

Have you come to any conclusion yourself ?

IMO, and I'm going over the top here, I consider the flashes as acknowledging flashes. After all, they seem to be tied to the white object approaching and passing over the crater. There is nothing to cause a reflection as if a giant light had been flashed into the crater. When you have a good copy of the video, even taken off the TV as I did, you'll see that one bright flash on the edge or rim of the crater and it seems to move from one location to another. Also, the flash that I show in the center is brighter and sharper. The other flashes are not that easy to see but if you play the tape as many times as I have in slow motion and then in frame-by-frame you'll find them. I gotta look in my box of UFO tapes (about 30 of them taken off the TV since the 1980s) to find the one that has the footage.

There are quite a few videos by NASA and earthbound individuals showing UFOs over and around the moon. The best ones are the ones by astronauts and are so clear that I'd like to hear Oberg's explanation.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If your talking about the object that streaks across the screen in the video, IMHO, that is either a small meteor strike, or a piece from the spacecraft falling back to the moon. Most likely it’s a meteor though due to the speed. The moon gets plastered with stuff like that all the time, actually, so does the earth for that matter.
Edit:
Here I'll embed the vid for you:

[edit on 10/30/2009 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

join