It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Aquarius is hundreds of years away-

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SmartestOne

Hi again SmartestOne

So Ive been playing with the 1582-1583 dates and I have found what you are talking about. Indeed, there is a major jump with these dates.

I have an idea but am not claiming it is the conclusion for the issue. In 1582 the pope made a change to the calendar. He actually omitted 10 days in October. I dont recall the reason but you can google 'pope changed calendar in 1582'. It may be a coincidence that this jump does fall closely to the space of time that the Sun would move in about 10 days time in a year. I have yet to research this more though.

Im sure there are errors and that the further we go back, the more potential for errors. One thing that could cause a slight error that we cant totally figure for is that the tilt of the Earth changes slightly now and then. Another factor that could slightly cause error would be the spin of the Earth may slow down a bit or speed up a bit.

So with saying those issues, I still think its pretty darn accurate. But what a nice eye you have to catch that 'jump'! Very interesting.

There are also 'bugs' with Stellarium, just like with any software program. I remember one time there was a bug that had Eris in the wrong place and there was a download to fix this error.

I actually plan on writing into Stellarium and ask them about this 'jump' to see if its a bug or if they have a reason to give for this. Will post if I can get a response from them.

My best!
LV

<< 1  2  3   >>

join