It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media blitz has begun against Anti-Vaxers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I guess in a way it is gratifying; those who feel there are greater issues concerning the swine flu and it's vaccine have now been publically labelled Anti-Vaxers. True to form the MSM must identify an enemy in order to polarize an issue and no true enemy can exist without a catchy buzzword label. The gratification here is that those who question this vaccine have gotten enough people to THINK that we are now forcing the MSM to address the issue. If only superficially.

I would encourage everyone who can record clips on this type of story to do so: if the MSM and CDC are directly and purposfully attacking the 'Anti-Vaxer' movement then you can guarentee data will be misinterpretted to do so. Having evidence to present when we all come out the otherside of this fiasco will be important as you can bet the MSM will 'forget'.

CNN is running a story now about the vaccine and how an minority of people irrationally feel that there is a problem with it. CNN's own figures supposedly indicate that 49% of Americans want the vaccine while 43% have concerns. 43% is a minority by thier numbers, yes, but that's a substantial minority. We're not talking about a few fringe wingnuts here, this is handy half of all Americans.

Well, I have concerns with this news story:

The first day of my first statistics class in university the grad student teaching us spent the entire period demonstrating the pitfalls of statistical numbers. The point he wanted to hammer home was how easy it was to manipulate numbers to say whatever you what them to say just by tweaking inputs what you consider valid.

49/43 eh? What about the remaining 8%?
No mention at all.

According to CNN the CDC has a Facebook page with 38000+ members and a Twitter page with over a million. I find the use of those numbers curious; wasn't the MSM story a couple weeks ago about how the bloggers were unrelaible and that the blogosphere was more problem than good?

Flip-flop, flip-flop...need us, hate us, need us again.

"The CDC has released the statment that all the trials on the H1N1 vaccine have shown it to be safe"-CNN. OK, again, manipulation. How 'bout some transparency here? When were these studies done, where, by who and can I see the results?

"People seem to be concerned and the additive Thimerosal"..."some feel that it is lnked to health problems including autism which has never been proven". OK. If it hasn't been proven then by the same token it has not been disproven either. I do not claim to know this answer, however autism used to hit 1/100000, now the figures are 1/93. Without question there are lots of contributing factors here however is Thimersal one of them?

What about Squalene and Aluminum?
No mention.

What about additive-free Celvapan, manufactured by Baxter. Why is this quietly available to government employees and militaries world wide but not to healthy citizens?
No mention.

"Five million + cases world-wide, as much as half the US may become infected". Here in Canada the vaccination program started this week, in some areas on Sunday Oct 25, nationwide on Monday Oct 26. Since the program started the number of stories on swine flu has jumped (and there were already lots). Vaccine shortages, some hospital services postponed because health care workers have been re-tasked to staff clinics, new cases, new deaths...BE AFRAID.

I can go on further but really is there any need? The MSM is 'reporting' on a very small portion of this story based on what they have been paid to say. All other information is being clouded. I realize that I should put links to support this post, but I think it only fair that I tell this in the same way that the media reports on it.

One final note, I appluade Obama for stating that he would get this vaccine for his two daughters, too bad they are ineligible based on health conditions. I wonder how many other politicians families are ineligible.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by [davinci]]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is just an insight into how the human society works, to be fair. If you ask me the whole reason behind the sceptisism towards the flu virus can be summed up in one word: rumors.

As humans we don't really have a built in critic, asking for sources on what we believe. If... bleh, I'm too sick for this. I think I have the swine flu actually.
I just HAD to go on that trip before they started giving out the vaccine in my country.

Anyway, society has it's own basis of information, and information within societies have a tendency to overcome rationality. That's my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by [davinci]

Well, it can be assured that once a moniker such as "Anti-Vaxers" is coined, it will be used and abused by the media - because they know that their dumbed-down media junkies cling to it.

I suppose there is a bittersweet aspect to it, considering they could just as easily state that all but a few loony tin-foil hat types refuse the vaccine and no one else.... I mean, who would know? How would you check the numbers? They are the only one's who get them, and we don't even get to see the details... just like the 'trials' that 'prove' that Big Pharma's chemical compounds are the sane remedy for an insane disease.

In a world lacking the continuous drive to commercially exploit consumerist serfs, this kind of thing would probably happen less frequently; as it stands now, it happens all the time.

Remember the assurances we get. Because they won't. In fact, the authorities are SO certain, they have legislated immunity from liability for themselves and their friends at Big Pharma - that's no rumor. Nor is it very reassuring.... much like the 'special' Baxter version of the drug and it's limited distribution to 'special' people - another non-rumor.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I don't see the problem.. If you are against getting the vaccine you are an "Anti-Vaxer". Embrace what you are, it's not a bad thing.

Also, those polls are b.s. Nobody asked my stance on the vaccine issue so their numbers are a wild guess (like always).

Also, all the issues that you claim they are avoiding talking about have already been talked about on the MSM in various places. They just don't keep repeating it, and you must have missed it.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Its called mob rule, and also about loads of money.

Mob rule is something we all just have to ignore.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

This is just an insight into how the human society works, to be fair. If you ask me the whole reason behind the sceptisism towards the flu virus can be summed up in one word: rumors

That's the problem though isn't it, the available information is so cloudy and TPTB are doing nothing to clarify it. All we have are rumours. Look at the history of this story: first it was healthy 20-30's at risk, then it was the elderly, then it was school children and the 20-30's were ok...the official story keeps changing without ever having the previous version clarified.

Rumours are enevitable, they also keep everyone confused as everywhere you turn the story is different.

Divide and conquer at it's finest.

I don't see the problem.. If you are against getting the vaccine you are an "Anti-Vaxer". Embrace what you are, it's not a bad thing.

Also, those polls are b.s. Nobody asked my stance on the vaccine issue so their numbers are a wild guess (like always).

Also, all the issues that you claim they are avoiding talking about have already been talked about on the MSM in various places. They just don't keep repeating it, and you must have missed it.

I don't have a problem with the term: I'm actually happy that there are enough of us that the MSM and CDC needs to go on the offensive to try and sway perception. The title for this article actually came from the news report itself.

I find the percentages in the polls revealing: there was no pollster acknowlegement or source, so I believe that it was a BS statement. It is interesting that they choose to make the precentage so close instead of indicating a greater divide. Makes you wonder if the resistence is actually much larger and these numbers are presented to be within a range people will believe while still supporting the story goals.

By the way, 43% have concerns about the vaccine and half the US population is at risk? Cute.

Finally, the point is that yes, I did miss the coverage on studies. So did friends and family members who work in the health care industry as nurses, instructors and lab technitians. In fact everyone I know missed it. I've kept both eyes wide open on this for months, especially after I started hearing insiders say that there was little or no data available to them either.

I don't know when these studies were discussed, but if they were, and the information is legit, why isn't it being used to combat the Anti-Vaxers? Why does there have to be deliberate and focussed campain to discredit us and our statements if everything is above board? Why does this campain NOT include the actually research?

They want to convince me? Show me the studies, don't just say they exist and that I'm irrational, drag the nerd responsible for the research out of the lab and ask him/her direct questions. Like so many other situations right now, if you want the issue to go away then resolve it, don't keep deflecting it, answer the questions being asked.

The fact the MSM and CDC won't discuss the evidence opens the door to the suggestion that it will not withstand scrutiny: they discussed it when no one was watching closely because it could be slid by before people realized how important it really was.

Mob rule is something we all just have to ignore.

The problem there is as this fiasco continues to unfold the weak minded who will fill the mob's ranks will obediently do as thier masters command.

If mob mentality was so easily dimissable there would have been far fewer attrocities in our history.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by [davinci] spelling]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by [davinci]]

top topics

join