It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO Puts House Health Bill at $1.055 Trillion!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I can think of better ways to spend $1 Trillion .
BTW, that's a low ball figure.
Once the camels nose is under the tent, go ahead and double that easy.
We could give our military a huge pay raise instead.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Well weren't they suppose to keep it below 900Billion to start with? Those Dems cannot even meet their own goals, and what about the additional 250bil to the doctors, is that above and beyond this number?

It is definitely a woman running the House. It is just like when our wives go out shopping at sale and spend $500 and try to say they saved $200. Woman logic!

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Fartman]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

Max baucus is.....male I also believe he's a shill for the insurance company.

What they're spending money on is not health care. Women would probably buy single payer straight out and be done. But no that would be too easy, lets just pass more laws and sub laws and mandates and raise premiums and confuse this entire debate beyond the realm of a simple mortal to understand.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

How can you buy single payer insurance. I agree that Max is a shill. Got to love a government that forces you to buy stuff or go to jail.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Its amazing to me that getting everyone health care in the US is a major deal that people freak out about because of the costs....

Didn't they just approve far more money then this just for the bailouts that got the American people nothing? Seems like that passed in a matter of days.

I wonder whats different in the two scenarios. In the health care bill it could possibly hurt the profits of the health care industry who are a bunch of rich fat cats that can pay lobbyists to cause issues.

In the bailouts a bunch of rich companies filled with a bunch of rich fat cats were pushing for a bill that would help them become even richer and consolidate the wealthiest companies.

Sure seems like what ever will help the rich stay rich is what gets portrayed as good for us in the media.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

That's even assuming they can save billions by cutting waste
fraud and abuse.

2 Words: - Financial Nightmare -

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Well I think a lot of people were also against the bailouts. The fact is that government ran universal health care will bankrupt this country. Not that we nee much more help going bankrupt.

But the Progressives, like children wanting the same toy the kid down the street has when her parent are broke, will lie, cheat, steal, and promise to be good to get their way.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

We both know that there will be more waste, fraud, and abuse if this bill passes. The government is famous for waste, fraud, and abuse. I think they specialize in those types of things.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

So you don't feel that the current medical system needs to be fixed at all? we spend more money then any other country and get worse care then most for that money.

People seem to not realize that one way or another the government pays for healthcare for people. If a person has no insurance and gets sent to the emergency room they will be seen. I would much rather we get a smaller preventive bill to help save that person life then have them be a drain on the system at the end of their life costing us more money and they still probably die because its too late.

The private sector for health care is probably one of the most corrupt industries in the world.

I would much rather put my money here of all the programs knowing that I could possibly give people a better quality of life.

Do you oppose public schools, roads,police, firemen and the armed forces also?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Yeah i see places where the current health care system needs to be tweaked. They need to address things like the cost of hospital care and why an insurance company should pay for somebody with lung cancer who smoked for 20 years. I also think we need to find a way to streamline the paperwork and standarize it. Plus, reasonalble tort reform woul be nice.

Insurance companies only make 2.5% profit on average which doesn't seem that expensive to manage things.

As far as roads, bridges, schools I think those should be handled by local government. I don't really want to pay for a bridge in Cali that I am never going to to use.

I do agree that one roll of federal government is national defense though.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

The congress needs to throw all 2,000 pages into the fireplace
and start over.
Page 1) Tort Reform

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Does ANYONE trust government figures?

Does anyone doubt that this number will at a minimum triple, and likely quadruple?

Tell me that these leaders in Washington aren't our best and brightest!

And I think that if this goes through, over the next few years, many doctors would just get their plumbers license or licensed massage therapists, just to make good money.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

BTW, illegal aliens will be covered in this plan.
Abortions will also be paid for by the government.
This bill is a disgrace.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
CBO Puts House Health Bill at $1.055 Trillion!

Yea we have so many excess trillion laying around we need to find something to spend it on.

Health care in America should be reformed but not like this. Every human on the face of the earth should have shelter, food, clothing, and access to good medical care. But this bill is so full of hidden agendas, it will not be a good thing, I assure you.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

Are you opposed to the interstate system them?

In answer to your other question, you buy single payer with tax money. The same tax money, and most likely less then what this thread labeled as "health care".

Instead their using this money to create a bigger bureaucracy. The very money we pay in taxes will now be used to enforce a mandate. There's some serious bad circular reasoning going on here.

I can't think of a better way to see my tax money"wasted" then to save lives. This is just how I see it. As I expect there to be public schools and public roads and public fire departments, I expect health care. It will not destroy this country, it will enrich us. Health care right now is like a form of legalized gambling and the stakes are cast in people's lives. I find this to be wasteful and sick.

Without the fetters of health care cost on small business we'd see a better advent of start ups. The same small business that in truth employ most of us are suffering under this system, let's take the yoke off and allow true workers and small business the ability to develop and succeed.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

ithout the fetters of health care cost on small business we'd see a better advent of start ups. The same small business that in truth employ most of us are suffering under this system, let's take the yoke off and allow true workers and small business the ability to develop and succeed.

Single payer does not exist and it won't exist after this bill is passed.

Actually the current bill or even a single payer system will burden all busineeses in this country with more taxes. All this is another tax like SS, Fica/med. You know those things they suck out of your pay before you get it.

Where did we even get the notion that healthcare should be paid by the employer. It is nice of them to do if they want, but they shouldnt be forced to do it. It is your health not theirs.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
Its amazing to me that getting everyone health care in the US is a major deal that people freak out about because of the costs....

Didn't they just approve far more money then this just for the bailouts that got the American people nothing? Seems like that passed in a matter of days.

I wonder whats different in the two scenarios. In the health care bill it could possibly hurt the profits of the health care industry who are a bunch of rich fat cats that can pay lobbyists to cause issues.

The difference is that the bailouts and stimulus packages have already passed and the nation is already $1.4 Trillion in debt. Now add to that another Trillion or so and you may very well kill the dollar.

Kill the dollar and suddenly no one else in the world wants American Currency, which means no more imports or exports, no more bonds - basically an economic crash unlike anything we've ever seen. You would probably see unemployment at a national average around 60-70%.

What good is this health care bill if no doctors are in business to see patients? What good is medicine to a starving family who needs food?

The health care system does need changes. But this 1,990 page monster bill that Pelosi presented today isn't the way to do it.

Dud you know she wants a vote on this thing by next week even though no one has had time to read it yet?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Seiko

Also this is unconstitutional to force people to buy health insurance.
Pelosi must be smoking crack. If she wants single payer,
she should move to Canada.
Who are the actual people who wrote this mess?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Fartman

I don't think it should be paid for by the employer.

We're in this together, it's not us and them or me and you. Everything I want for me I want for you. I want a level playing field. I'm not seeing that now. I see a system that stacks the deck against us, and I think it's gamed badly. You show me a feasible alternative that can give everyone health care and I will consider.

I've seen uneducated people and understood the need for schools. I have a vehicle I like to drive to go places, I see the need for roads. I've seen people die and I see the need for real health care. People are being destroyed by this current system. Without the basic 'consumer" the capitalist system will fail, and we'll eventually be at a feudal system in this country. We'll have to disagree on how we see this effecting business and society as a whole.

I think we're both agreed that this baucus bill is crap. I'll not even waste my time trying to defend it in anyway. It's not health care, it's health insurance. there is a vast difference in these two concepts.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I am not defending the baucus bill, I wouldn't even try. the baucus bill is another government redistribution of power and money that in now way will help the people that need it.

please don't expect me to defend the baucus bill, my heart isn't in it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join