It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart now selling caskets and urns!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Found this on one of my news emails! They not only want all your business alive, but they want you after you are dead too!! My goodness, this is getting really crazy this world of ours!

Linky to the article......

www.azstarnet.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Um...sorry but so what? They sell a lot of things.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i guess they see the profit in the swine flu

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
You have to put the caskets together yourself but they cost a little less.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I just saw it, thought it was funny that all of a sudden, they are now selling everything the poor person needs. Funny ha ha type ya know.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Costco's been selling them for a while now. They've also been available online. I despise Walmart anyway, so I get cranky in Walmart topics.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Now they really got you from cradle to grave.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Geez, that's really desensitizing in a way.
If I buy one today, where will I store it?

Do we get a dsicount if we buy in bulk?

Leave it Mullet Mart to pull this stunt.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
WOW!

Wal-mart is actually going to be selling products made in America!

There won't be any "made in China," stickers on the bottom of those urns and caskets!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stardust1955

It is halloween. Just Kidding.

It is time to put the family Funeral Home out of business.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

I was just gonna say, yet another market to tap into and put out of business. Something walmart this way comes.

Ashes come in a neat little hardy black plastic box that looks nice if you can't afford an urn.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
lol now if they had them actually in the store next to the hardware isle ready to go haha that would be crazy

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Drugstores used to sell coffins. It hasn't really been that long ago.

Personally, I think it's a good idea for Walmart to sell urns. It's called free enterprise. Have you seen what the funeral homes charge for an urn? There's no great selection and they certainly play on people's emotions in order to hit their pocketbooks.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Yes they do. But, my guess would be that there will be a Wal-Mart funeral director that sells plots of land behind the Wal-mart at some point in the future.....or a Wal-Mart cremetorium (spelling)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Look ma!We can git em on their lay away plan!Sorry folks couldnt resist,but its true!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reminds me of the movie "Employee of the month' that must be where they got the idea lol

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Yep, totally agree. They seem to come into a town, run all the Mom and Pop stores out of business, now they are going to try and run the Mom and Pop funeral homes out. I guess this is going to be our One World Government store. I even heard they were going to put Drs. offices in there too!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That is okay, I do too, but my niece just told me that Costco sells them, I don't go there so I've never seen them. This just made me shake my head when I saw that! Jeeze. And I live on the West Coast and try to go to Bi-Mart when I can, it is people owned, not corporate.

top topics

join