It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House Facebook Page Deleted My UFO Disclosure Topic!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Also keep in mind, just because you write something on the board of what might be a public institution that doesn't mean they don't have the right to delete posts or edit them.

Facebook is NOT a public space in the sense that you can say anything and expect it to remain there... I myself reserve the right to untag, delete or if possible edit anything written on my wall.
I would expect they feel the same way.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
Also keep in mind, just because you write something on the board of what might be a public institution that doesn't mean they don't have the right to delete posts or edit them.

Facebook is NOT a public space in the sense that you can say anything and expect it to remain there... I myself reserve the right to untag, delete or if possible edit anything written on my wall.
I would expect they feel the same way.

thats actually exactly right.

you can do what you want with your facebook page. you can deny or ignore anyone.

i personally dont know of anyone who goes to the whitehouses fb page anyways.

its a good start though

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

Or perhaps it is as easy as laying down every gun, bomb, weapon as well as every hostile thought to simply join a universal consciousness of peace and knowledge.

Our military on every account of ET craft acts in a defensive and intercept reaction. There is still a universal detour sign/beacon warning all other life about our underdeveloped and hostile way of life. Its only a matter of time until they bite off more than they can chew.

It is no surprise we have had no real contact other than the upper levels of the dark ops military.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
However, the OP jumped to conclusions and automatically assumed they were "extraterrestrial" when there is still no reason for anyone to believe they are. When you straight claim they have reversed extraterrestrial technology and ask to disclose it, you set yourself up to look like a nut case.

I agree with you on this, however there appears to be other "nutcases" posting messages on the group (like Jered Bonneau) yet noone has deleted their posts.

Of course they could say "no comment" as to stay neutral and to avoid people jumping to conclusions, but even if they did that people would STILL jump to conclusions.

If they were actually trying to achieve that (people jumping to conclusions) then they are doing a poor job at it considering that it got deleted and here we are discussing it.

My argument is that they didn't delete the message to "hide information" or to "suppress freedom of speech".... they deleted it because it was a really badly written request that doesn't even deserve an answer.

Again, this is what you think and it's barely an excuse. If it "doesn't deserve an answer" then you don't provide one, you leave the thread unanswered as many threads are on that forum, but you don't delete the message because, regardless of how you see the incident, it is a clear suppression of freedom of speech, which includes the freedom of any person to write stupid things, as you are free to remark his stupidity. Freedom goes both ways, not just the way it's convenient for you.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It seems as though the post was added again and deleted within 4 minutes.

JT

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Doesn't matter if they delete it or not. This subject will not have any traction, nor get off the ground until we do some serious house keeping.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What do you mean with house keeping? And I agree, the message posted there would never have an effect anyway, in fact I agree it was a little over the top. I was merely pointing out that there's no valid excuse to delete it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I really don't want to sound mean here, but really..

It's facebook. Facebook , is just another tool the government uses to gather information about you.
I don't know if you have read the "facebook" related threads here on ATS . But if you haven't you should really check them out. Very interesting..
But i must agree with you , freedom of speech does seem to be non-existent there. But i wouldn't worry about it to much.
It could all just be a fluke , or it could be purpose. Either way , we believe you here on ATS. So , thats all that counts right ?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Perhaps a letter more like the following to back him into a corner -

Mr. President,

In the interest of "transparency" and the ending of the controversy surrounding "UFO's" and their nature, would you please take steps to fully disclose all related information.

Many polls show that this topic is of interest to a vast segment of the American Public, who believe information is being purposefully withheld for reasons that have little or nothing to do with national security. Some are convinced in fact it is being withheld because we are seen as being to illiterate or emotionally immature. Yet others believe technology that could provide reliable clean energy from reverse engineering of these craft is being withheld with obvious negative consequences to our society.

These and other beliefs are not fringe, but as the polls show very mainstream today. The obvious attempt to block the availability of information that should be legally available through Freedom of Information Requests helps to further these beliefs.

Why not end the debate by releasing all available information? After all these years of obvious attempts to keep people in the dark on this and many other issues, not releasing the information is tantamount to an admission these beliefs are true.

For an example as proof, one need only look to Area 51, denied by the government for decades after its existence was common knowledge. This shows the absurdity of the lengths the government goes to just to deny information for no reason. It is deeply offensive in fact.

Please, as a gesture to show you were honest in your promise of transparency Mr. President, take steps to cause the release of all relevant information on this topic. No needless redactions. No heavy black lines concealing information while pretending to release it.

Sincerely,
One of your Constituents

[edit on 10/30/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Actually, from an official point of view, there are many reasons to justify the deletion of the topic.

Anyway, how realistic is it to expect the Government or the Military to disclose all information about something they don't even officially acknowledge exists in the first place?

If UFOs are more than misidentifications, hoaxes or secret projects from other countries and the Government knows it, then you can be sure it has classified the matter higher than whatever 'earthly' goes on in Area 51, for example. And how far do you think you would go demanding the Government to disclose what goes on in Area 51?

I'm all for people engaging in political activism and defending what they think are their rights, but don't expect everyone to take your cause seriously, because, in this case, the majority of people don't.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

I don't know who I'd contact. The White House?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ufo reality]

Well, you did have a meeting w. "Air Force Bigwigs" a while back did you not? Wouldn't they know who to call?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

Here is waht i posted there

i3.photobucket.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again the only way to gain traction is to push on a button that shows there's been continued gross negligence on the part of the White House, Congress, & particularly the military. So much so that the degree of ineptitude attracts major media attention.

This is the best I've been able to come up with:

Dear President-elect Barack Obama,

I recently ran across an article on the Defense Department's website ( www.dod.mil... ) that deeply concerns me. In this article it explicitly states:

As a result of these investigations, studies, and experience, the conclusions of Project Blue Book were:

* No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security.

This is verifiably false.

In the year 1967, two year before Project Blue Books doors were shut and in the middle of the Condon study, in Montana at the Malmstrom AFB Oscar-Flight Missile Launch Control Center (LCC), a perimeter security guard phoned the on-staff Deputy Crew Commander (DMCCC), Captain Robert Salas, in the LCC capsule to report an inexplicable glowing-red object floating over the facility.

Not believing this Capt. Salas told the man to phone back when something more significant happened.

Five to ten minutes later the guard called again, more distressed, to report that the object was approaching the gate. This time Salas instructed the guard to secure the site and went to wake his commanding officer, Lt. Fred Meiwald, from his scheduled sleep period. While briefing Lt. Meiwald the alarm klaxon sounded and lights at the commander's station flashed indicating missiles were entering a "no-go," or unlaunchable, condition.

In total Oscar-flight lost six to eight missiles that morning. Each silo ran on a completely separate and independent system to prevent cascading failures. Several miles away at Echo-flight, under similar circumstances, another LCC crew lost all ten of their missiles. The loss of one missile due to system failure let alone eighteen is so statistically improbable as to be unprecedented.

The factualness of this is verifiable through FOIA and Boeing documentation detailing to what extent SAC investigated the failures. Robert Salas has also since written a book titled Faded Giant to broaden awareness on this matter. In it, he notes Declassified Strategic Missile Wing documents along with interviews of ex-Boeing engineers’ reveal tests could not identify a cause for missile shutdowns; likely explaining why in one declassified correspondence SAC stated the incident “was of very grave concern to this headquarters." Mr. Salas has also gone before the National Press Club and stated he’s willing to testify before Congress to the truthfulness of this story. ( www.youtube.com... )

With all of this a matter of public record how is it that the DOD publicly states, "No UFO reported, investigated, and evaluated by the Air Force has ever given any indication of threat to our national security?”

The defense implications are obvious and frightening. In view of this event we desperately need public congressional hearings to determine why Blue Book was shutdown. We need to understand why the USAF neglected to inform the Condon study of this case, especially since the findings of the Condon Report were one of the few justifications for closing Project Blue Book. In absence of congressional action we deserve a full report from the DOD and USAF spelling out how this does not constitute a national security threat!

I implore you to discuss this issue with your cabinet, the Congress, the Senate, the Defense Department and the United States Air Force.

The nonsense surrounding this issue has gone on long enough. We deserve real answers about our security!

Concerned citizen,

John Q. Public

The declassified documents referenced in the above letter can be downloaded here.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Everyone please keep in mind the Terms and Conditions in which you agreed to when you registered on ATS:

1e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC site(s) for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not use the discussion boards, the chat system or the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to solicit members of The Above Network, LLC on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with The Above Network, LLC. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on October 30th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Wrong approach...dont ask for the buildings, ask for the bricks.

There is plenty of evidence of anti-gravitation devices that have been developed . I would suggest requesting for the declassification of anti-grav technology considering our mainstream science is now starting to develop aspects of this naturally...it would boost research and development by decades and create a revolution of fiscally responsible travel, safety, and green technology.

Chip away at it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Perhaps one UFO topic would do, not five! C'mon folks...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Doesn't matter if they delete it or not. This subject will not have any traction, nor get off the ground until we do some serious house keeping.

This includes sending all those fools in my signature (and more) to Hades! I do believe it will please the UFO Gods if we throw Greer, Burisch, Rutter & Maussan into the volcano first! That should stoke the fires nicely!

IRM

[edit on 30/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join