It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are you coping with the new cigarette taxes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Those sorry bastards put a 24 dollar tax on RYO tobacco per pound in the US. (Peace be upon them)

I have been using cheap burley pipe tobacco and " toasting" it in the oven. Hand rolls OK. You can't expect Bali Shag or Drum for 8 bucks for 12 ounces.

I get some better stuff soon, Ryback, Ryback Gold, Three Sails, PS 701. Still like shag cuts for hand rolling. PS 701 is a ribbon cut.

Hmmm. Take care.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yep, I do the RYO too! But, look for 4 Aces Pipe Tobacco. It is not taxed like even the other RYO. But it 'is' tobacco. I'm on my 2nd pound and it is not bad at all and I don't have to dry it out, it is perfect. Paying 25.00 a lb. But I use the tubes in a stuff your own machine. Well worth it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I buy all my tobacco needs at half the price at:

www.oklahoma-outlet.com...

They are actually an indian reservation in NY.

Reliable and affordable.

Of course the senate is going to vote on banning the sale of tobacoo products via mail delivery. Guess I'll quit then.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Don't hae to pay them. I quit smoking over 20 years ago. Got tired of the high taxes, and got tired of dealing with the health risk.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Oregon won't let us do that because they tax so heavily here. If you get caught without the Oregon tax on what you order, they will find you and bill you for the tax you didn't pay in this state. And even some of the banks here have it blocked your visa card from purchasing out of state online because of the cig taxes here. The police state at work.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Well, taxing to set an agenda, I believe that is unconstitutional. But who cares about the constitution? Next up tax on soda, juices, fattening food etc etc etc. The next big one, tax on all energy usage through Cap and Trade. Also with this bill, the elimination of the US as we know it, removal of our sovereignty as a nation. When will you stand up?

I always thought traitors were put in front of a firing squad. I guess nowadays, we have people on web sites condoning treason. That is alright, the Revolution is right around the corner.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Well, taxing to set an agenda, I believe that is unconstitutional. But who cares about the constitution? Next up tax on soda, juices, fattening food etc etc etc.

Don't be silly. They aren't taxing cigarettes because they want to coerce us into being healthy. They're banking us still smoking. They know that most smokers would rather buy cigarettes than food, so they're jacking up tax rates.

No agenda here, other than increasing tax revenue.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I buy all my tobacco needs at half the price at:

www.oklahoma-outlet.com...

They are actually an indian reservation in NY.

Reliable and affordable.

Of course the senate is going to vote on banning the sale of tobacoo products via mail delivery. Guess I'll quit then.

Thanks for the link, but that is 2 dollars higher than regular price here in KS.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
MO was still 35 per carton at Quick Trip when I was going thru there last summer.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Smoke 'em if you got 'em. After all, it's for the children. BTW who is bringing all the heroin and coc aine into the country?

Those poppy fields are really paying off.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I have a couple of things to say about the new cigarrette taxes...

ras afraza, razza dabba, rassa frass, rrrr, noooo, graza, fraza, rrrrrr, nooo frazaa, razzzzaaa, dabbba, frazzzaaa, grrrrrrr.

Whew. I feel much better now!

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Im paying $72 for a lb.bag of gambler in Michigan now.Thats up about 90% the past year between fed.tax,state tax and the price increase the producer put on to defray the lost revenue of those who decided to quit smoking over the ridiculous taxes!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Almost 60 dollars a carton in Michigan. I've been struggling with quiting. I simply cannot afford to do it. Sometimes I break down and have one. It's good to know that the government...along with big tobacco...are profiting from my addiction.

Addictions should not be taxed...and if they are...it should be to help you quit by enrolling you in programs payed for by those taxes to help you with the addiction.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
great. i dont smoke
second

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Also quit after 20+ years of a "3 D" habit.
(dirty, dingy and disgusting)IMO

Finally switched to candy and gum!

One can get new teeth if need be.
New lungs? Not so easy.....

All comes/goes back to big money in the end.
Oh, and your health.
Really all you ever have anyway......

Good luck! (please quit, someone loves you)
Thanks. Just my 2.

top topics

join