It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metamaterial cloaking technologies are here in full force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This might be long, however I hope you find some information interesting. Please read on.

Much of the controversy surrounding cloaking capabilities in the wake of recent chemtrails discussions I decided to devise a general internet research on the cloaking capabilities of our private and public government sectors.

First I will start a brief introduction of cloaking technologies.
Many have pondered from the beginning of late 1960’s about wonders and possibilities of cloaking devices in the sense used by the fictional alien race ‘Romulans’. Given the nature of thought, the true reality surrounding such theory was is currently devised and undergoing research in both the private sector and the government sectors in many different countries around the world.

The theory surrounds the use of metamaterials which are considered an artificial material that can render the physical force of an object turn invisible to a human eye or even infra red in the recent research.

An attempt to spark the one of the first attempts was investigated by Jagadish Chandra in late 19th century.

Metamaterials play an important role in modulation, amplification and signal processing better known as concept of photonics and concept of optics that interact with properties of light matter.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e7cf9f9d119.png[/atsimg]

Infra-red/NV cloaking

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb03d7d63e20.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41e563a17e6a.jpg[/atsimg]

Aside from the private sector researching the commercial uses of such technology, the government sector would most likely overshadow such thought by becoming the first official pioneers.

Thus it important to understand that metamaterials applicability is available in three different technological categories; active camouflage, optical camouflage and plasma technology.

More serious early work was conceded by proposing a hypothesis for cloaking theory by scientists at Duke University who state in their paper:

..first practical realization of such a cloak: in our demonstration, a copper cylinder is 'hidden' inside a cloak constructed according to the previous theoretical prescription.

The cloak is constructed using artificially structured metamaterials, designed for operation over a band of microwave frequencies.The cloak decreases scattering from the hidden object whilst at the same time reducing its shadow, so that the cloak and object combined begin to resemble free space.

Same year public has become even more aware that United States and British governments when Pr. John Pendry research team have made it official in regards to the infamous ontological theory utilising negative-index metamaterials.

Professor John Pendry says a simple demonstration model that could work for radar might be possible within 18 months' time ...

What you're trying to do is guide light around an object, but the art is to bend it such that it leaves the object in precisely the same way that it initially hits it. You have the illusion that there is nothing there ...

Professor Pendry's research has been supported by the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa).

Video demonstrating the theory in work

One year down the track since John Pendry statement was made public, British military has undergone a successful research of cloaking a tank.

This technology is incredible,” an unnamed soldier was quoted by the Daily Mail and Sun. “If I hadn’t been present I wouldn’t have believed it. I looked across the fields and just saw grass and trees but in reality I was staring down the barrel of a tank gun.”

Thus not perfecting the technology further technological improvements have been devised without depending on the cameras and projectors, this is where metamaterial comes in hand.

““Cloak of invisibility is theoretically possible. The drawback at the moment is the dependence upon cameras and projectors,” the Sun quoted Pendry, who did not confirm an implied connection with the defense project. “The next stage is to make the tank invisible without them which is intricate and complicated, but possible.”

In early 2009 after further early empirical research is awaken by a breakthrough of successfully development of an invisible cloak utilising 600 I-shaped copper structures. The cloak officially researched and designed by Tai Jun Cui of China and David R. Smith of Duke University. The technology as one could imagine accomplished almost complete cloaking reflection of lights with minimal acceptable errors.

The broadband cloak is a rectangular structure measuring about 50 by 10 centimters, with a height of about 1 centimeter. It's made up of roughly 600 I-shaped copper structures. Making each structure is a simple matter, says Smith. "They're copper patterns on a circuit board, cut up and arranged. It's a well-known, inexpensive technology." The hard part is determining the dimensions of each of these 600 structures and how to arrange them. With the first light cloak, which had only 10 such pieces, "we had to design each element by numerical simulations," Smith says. Applying the same approach to the more complicated cloak would have eaten up months.”

Much of the public intentions of such technologies by military many wonder the controversy surrounding the supposed secret project 'the Philadelphia Experiment'.

The objective of this experiment was to make the ship undetectable to radar and while that was achieved, there was a totally unexpected and drastic side effect. The ship became invisible to the naked eye and was removed from time and space as we know it! Although this was a remarkable breakthrough in terms of technology, it was a catastrophe to the people involved. Sailors had been transported out of this dimension and returned in a statc of complete mental disorientation and horror. Some were even planted into the bulkhead of the ship itself. Those who survived were discharged as "mentally unfit" or otherwise discredited and the entire affair was covered up. After the war, research continued under the tutelage of Dr. John von Neumann who had directed the technical aspects of the Philadelphia Experiment.

continued ...

[edit on 10/29/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
(A short video to awaken some of the potential technology that our government is utilising)

I would conclude given such substantive formal evidence despite the conspiracy of the Philadelphia experiment, I am certainly conditioned to believe that our world governments (may) be behind recent cloaking chemtrail operations and many more possibly pertained over our skies that we cease to know in a midst of their secrecy. There may be more to the technology that remain lucrative to many but we can only guess of the extensible possibilities it may cause in hands of wrong countries and people.

Sources of links referencing the external quotes
www.v-j-enterprises.com...
www.defensereview.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...
blog.800hightech.com...
www.technologyreview.com...

[edit on 10/29/2009 by krystalice]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I wish I had more to add to this thread but I give you a S&F for finding something just plain cool.

I have heard of the use of cameras and such before, but I have not read into this theory.

Great find...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Yes there is far more to it as you say, my intention was to make it fairly general and allow members to get an understanding (unless they are already aware) of the actual intentions surrounding the technology in recent months and years.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by krystalice

Yes there is far more to it as you say, my intention was to make it fairly general and allow members to get an understanding (unless they are already aware) of the actual intentions surrounding the technology in recent months and years.

This is technology. Non-technology based invisibility techniques has been used in antiquity, most are intimately related to witchcraft and mental techniques.

top topics

join