It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats unveil $894 billion health care bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

House Democrats unveil $894 billion health care bill

www.cnn.com

Washington (CNN) -- The battle over health care reform reached another milestone Thursday as top House Democrats unveiled sweeping legislation that includes a highly controversial public health insurance option.

The nearly 2,000-page bill -- a combination of three versions passed by House committees -- would cost $894 billion over 10 years to extend insurance coverage to 36 million uncovered Americans, according to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Joe Lieberman: I'll block vote on Harry Reid's plan
Reid, Pelosi fight against posting health care bills online

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well here is the bill from the House. As expected it does include a public option and tax increases for only the wealthy. It will cover the millions without coverage. They say the 2000 pages are available to read online.

The initial Republican is as expected.'

Republicans tore into the bill, characterizing it as a series of tax increases and new regulations that would destroy jobs while doing little to stop spiraling health care costs.

"This really is a government takeover of health care in America," said Rep. Mike Pence, R-Indiana. "It appears for all of the world like a massive government-run insurance plan paid for with a freight train of mandates and taxes and bureaucracy."

The next few weeks should be interesting as they debate and try to merge this with the Senate Bill.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
The next few weeks should be interesting as they debate and try to merge this with the Senate Bill.

Boy, that's an understatement! Interesting indeed. I think I'll sit back and watch.

Thanks for the post. It sounds good as it is, but I'm sure it will change a lot.

join