It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Attack on Tony Blair in British Parliament, Substance Harmless, No Injuries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
yet again another foul up by the governments "great" security. they should get some RMC's to gaurd the place like what the US pres has on his chopper

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Well. Um.
The "projectiles" were condoms filled with the purple flour.

If it wasn't such a serious security issue, it would be kinda funny.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
yeah it was funny sorta
but it aint the point man nothing should have slipped through the net. its like some 1 comeing up into the white house and bricking the windows!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've got to agree with Simon, this isn't a major biggy for alot of the British public. I came home from college, my mother mentioned briefly that Blair got hit with purple powder in the commons by some activists wanting greater parental rights for fathers; we smirked, then I asked what was for lunch.

It's not a bloody terrorist attack at all, or people showing the world how easy it is to breach the commons (although I presume it had something to do with it, just to make people sit up and notice) this is just a protest as I mentioned above.

Matt O'Connor, spokesman for Fathers 4 Justice.

"They were fighting for equal rights for dads. Purple is the international colour of equality," he said.

BBC report

Sorry if this has already been clarified, I haven't read all three pages of comments yet.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon
Yeah, like remember the fascist dictatorship Britain lived under, all those years of oppression

I see you know Mr. Blair then

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by Simon
Yeah, like remember the fascist dictatorship Britain lived under, all those years of oppression

I see you know Mr. Blair then

How'd I know you'd put that, eh?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
How'd I know you'd put that, eh?

Its better that what I planned to say. But out of respect for the more demure of the membership, I declined to mention bags of dog turds and red hot pokers

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Right, now who's the padawan and who's the teacher, hmm Pisky? *tut tut* You forgot to mention the chains...
well really!

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
fathers for justice. i feel for these people because they have a genuine argument which i think is ignored in the name of feminism and victorian rhetoric. i reckon its a scam by those shady "meet me in my jag at the back of a restaurant labour ministers" to push forward with mr scapegoat blunket's mission to waste the tax payers money on a pointless liberty taking project like id cards. THE MOMENT ENGLAND ACCEPTS ID CARDS THE TERRORISTS WILL HAVE WON. i don�t believe for one minute that security didn�t know about this. them guys are as tight as nuns.........

www.fathers-4-justice.org...

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by kode]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Massive overreaction from over here, the news shows at 6 were broadcasting "crisis editions" from outside parliament on speakers corner.

Seconds after the incident the panic button was firmly slapped (literally, theres one near the door) and the British continuity of Government plans went into effect immediately, all across London facilities alarms went off with unmarked armored cars speeding down whitehall and pulling up beside Parliament ready to whisk senior officials off. Helicopters were scrambled and were ready to pick up the prime minister and take him to a secure location from their landing pad on horseguards parade.

Which totally contradicted the actual procedures. MP's no matter who they were should've been sealed in the chamber, all doors etc closed and then decontaminated.

A big let down.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join