It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police look into gunshot at Dobbs' home

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Anyone know where Dick Cheney is?

It's not Cheney, Dobbs didn't play himself in the movie called W!

In all fairness whatukno when you are out hunting humans with your buddies and one of the humans tries to hunt you back and is about to kill your buddy, sometimes your buddy gets shot by you when shooting the real quarry.

Your buddy doesn't complain naturally because even though you shot him you saved his life in the process.

See how that works?

[edit on 30/10/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

That's a joke son, you missed it!

IDK what happened in this instance. One stray bullet, someone who doesn't like political shows, IDK. Hopefully everyone is ok and it's just a random accident.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I understand you think it's a joke. Dick Cheney is a very dangerous man friend. His actions are never accidental. He is rutheless, cruel and calculating. He has no compunction nor remorse nor places any value on human life.

His crimes are hidden in part by people who make a joke about that which it does not serve them well to joke about.

Dobbs on the other hand is a tough but fair, yet firm pragmatic and honest man.

Hopefully for his and his family's sake it was an accident and there shall be no repeats.

Thanks for posting friend.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

PT and Jake-
GREAT POSTS. The star key on my keyboard is getting worn out!

Thank you both for putting this debate where it should be, on the human side of things, not the partisan side, as Hunka has tried to do.
First of all, for those that don't know Lou Dobbs, he is neither a Dem or Rep, neither a liberal or a conservative. He is an American, and believes in the Constitution and Freedom.
It should not matter what his beliefs are, though. No one should have to fear having bullets shot into their house. No one should have to tolerate death threats for their beliefs.
For someone to make statements like "what do you expect" regarding the gun shot is the equivalent of saying that the gunshot was deserved. That is completely disgusting, and I'm glad you called the poster out on it.
I don't agree with Obama on most issues, but I detest anyone who makes death threats against our present President, just as I detested anyone who did the same thing to GWB.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Exactly Professor and I would give you a million stars if I could but one thing is for sure because of your constant and generous sage and learned advice you shall always be a star in my book.

Everyone looses in confrontation, and that's a fact.

A person convinced against there will is a person who remains unconvinced. Cowering them into submission and agreement only lasts as long as they are afraid or to weak to speak their own mind.

The pen is in fact mightier than the sword and sometimes people tend to forget that a ill or poorly thought word can have more damage than any sword ever could.

Swords don't raise armies Professor, words raise armies. Swords are tools of armies, issued by a quarter master's pen!

The vitriol and rancor some people display out of ignorance or frustration, ego or entitlement has a ripple effect far beyond the insecure mind of it's authors.

It is fine to be passionate in what one believes in, in debates designed to reach consenus or to enlighten and teach.

When that passion turns to violence and blood lust though, clearly the argument has been lost by he who casts the first blow.

When people promote violence as a solution, it's only through a lack of belief of their own in their proposed solution because it is all based on the fear that it does not have enough merrit and validity for the other side in the debate to ever accept as proper and adopt.

Lou Dobbs is not partisan. I have seen him praise democrats and republicans and independents alike. I have seen him be critical of democrats and republicans and independents alike.

Lou Dobbs is all about common sense which in this day is highly uncommon and so uncommon it offends many people indoctrinated into politically correct left/right camps.

Lou Dobbs is about pragmatism not utopianism. He looks to logistically and realistically achieve that which is logistically possible and realistic when one does embrace pragmatism and common sense.

Lou Dobbs is not a racist. He is not against Legal immigration he is for legal immigration.

Too many people can't see the forest for the trees anymore.

Violence is never an answer. It is nothing but an admission of failure in one's ability to come up with answers.

Thanks for posting Professor!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join