It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting at Los Angeles Synagogue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Two men were shot at a Los Angeles Synagogue this morning. Random Act? Hate crime? Or something else?

This should be an interesting Rorshach for this community!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
By my house, the helicopters piled on thick up there.
I know the place from the overhead, not in a dangerous area or anything, who knows?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i think that it will be twisted into an act of "anti-sematism". Im not saying there never is crimes of that nature but every time a jew get killed, or a synagogue attacked people yell "anti-sematism"!!!. However, when a christian is killed or a church attacked its nothing more than a regular crime.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Should'nt jump to conclusions yet.

Could be gang motivated?

Could be revenge or drug conected?

Could be anything!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I agree. Apparently, according to Haaretz.com, a member of the Israeli govt. is taking it a step further....linking it to the Goldstone report. Can't say I didn't see that coming.....

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Attacks on churches almost always get classified as hate crimes. In American Society, the overwhelming majority of people are Christian. Therefore, we often do not question whether a crime against a Christian is a hate crime because statistically speaking the perpetrator of the crime was likely a Christian.

Here, we have two people attacked at a synagogue. Although we are not certain why they are attacked, based on the limited information available there is a likelihood the attacker was motivated by Anti-Jewish sentiments. As another poster said, there is also a likelihood the attack could have been motivated by other factors like drugs.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This story is going to get blown out of proportion. That's my input.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

Could you post a direct link to the article. The two articles about the shooting on the front page mention no such thing. They basically repeat what the US press has reported.

haaretz.com...

haaretz.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

UPDATE- The shooting actually took place in an underground parking garage, not a synagogue.... It's beginning to sound more and more like a random act to me.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I think you are right. Although, rumor has it the gunman escaped in a hot air balloon and is now hiding in an attic.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Abbby

The garage is underneath the synagogue proper. It is not as if the garage was several meters away. It was as if the attack happened right outside the front door.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

It's in your second link titled: "ADL voices 'deep concern'......."
Third paragraph from the bottom, "Likud MK Danny Danon, meanwhile, said the attack was the result of a damning United Nations report on Israel's winter offensive....."

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by Tomis_Nexis

I think you are right. Although, rumor has it the gunman escaped in a hot air balloon and is now hiding in an attic.

Excellent!

top topics

join