It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Clunkers: Taxpayers paid $24,000 per car

money.cnn.com

The average rebate was $4,000. But the overwhelming majority of sales would have taken place anyway at some time in the last half of 2009, according to Edmunds.com. That means the government ended up spending about $24,000 each for those 125,000 additional vehicle sales.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
LOL here is yet again a wonderful example of how our government steps in, messes things up, and then gives themselves a pat on the back for a job well done. I saw this article and thought it would be something you all would be interested in reading. Just a thought as you read it, this is the same government that wants to overhaul the entire health care system...scary huh?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
When has the gov't stepped in any fixed anything?

/seriousquestion

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

You don't know yet?

They don't really care about you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

(From article.) But the overwhelming majority of sales would have taken place anyway at some time in the last half of 2009, according to Edmunds.com.

Same here. I was planning on trading in my '94 Ford Explorer this year anyways, because it was coming up for inspection and the "Check Engine" light was coming on quite often since last winter. Thanks to Congress and Chrysler, I got $7500 trade-in on her, and got a new 4x4 Jeep!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

You don't know yet?

They don't really care about you.

No #...

I can't smoke weed, which isn't bad, but I go out and buy 20 guns while going next door to macdonalds all while smoking cigs and drinking hard rum legally.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'd like to hear from those members that believe that government run health insurance will be less costly than private insurance. Each $4,500 clunker voucher ended up costing the taxpayer $24,000.00!
If this statistic doesn't convince them, then nothing will.
Imagine what the "$800 billion" health care bill will REALLY cost!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
I'd like to hear from those members that believe that government run health insurance will be less costly than private insurance. Each $4,500 clunker voucher ended up costing the taxpayer $24,000.00!
If this statistic doesn't convince them, then nothing will.
Imagine what the "$800 billion" health care bill will REALLY cost!

Yeah really...
Id like to see how they are going to "cut the overhead"....

maybe not pay the doctors?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Id like to see how they are going to "cut the overhead"....

What I really get a kick out of, is their claim that they'll identify $500 Billion in fraud and waste.
Well, if they know there is $500 Billion in fraud and waste, why wait for a health bill? Why not eliminate it now. Why haven't they eliminated it before?
We all know the answer. They can't or won't eliminate it. Otherwise, they couldn't pay all their buddies and lobbyists. All that payoff and graft has to come from somewhere.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I believe the Cash for Clunkers programme was actually part of a most nefarious plot to get U.S. citizens out of old pre-computerised vehicles and into modern cars which the Department of Homeland Security can track 24/7.

With these evil Elites whatever programme is advanced one can be certain that the face value of it has nothing at all to do with their actual goal.

May they all be cursed and driven from the face of the Earth.

top topics

join