It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More objects found on Mars!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
As interesting as this might be, as soon as I see people labeling what some of the unknown-hard-to-see objects are, like Control Tower.......Dune Mover.......it becomes very unworthy to watch.

How arrogant can people get? We don't know half the stuff that goes on on Earth (in the oceans, in volcanoes, in the forests, jungles etc) yet we KNOW what is going on on Mars, the Moon and Zeta Reticuli?
Puh-lease!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Nice work Remy.
Just for fun, whenever someone posts something about giant construction projects on another planet take a moment to look at any construction project here on our nice green planet and look at all the junk and mess and detritus that surrounds it, and then ask yourself... are these aliens like the neatest tidiest people ever?
Where are the earth mover tracks, where are the old concrete encrusted boards that seem to be scattered a half mile around any residential construction project?
I mean, you can see our moon rover tracks on google moon, and you're telling me you can't see any leftovers from a giant mining operation on mars?
Stop just believing, start thinking, it's a lot more fun.
Hopefully skeptical,
KE

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Whether we are on Mars already or not is besides the point,
The agencies in charge of the various equipment that gets all of these pictures in the first place is gonna have first dibs to get rid of any juicy content, and we will only see what they (governments/space agencies) want us to see....

So you lot can argue whether is or is not something there all you want, it makes no difference in the end.

I also agree with a poster here saying its funny how we can get super high res of Mars but not of the Moon?

Either way, just keep an open mind.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
No machines , no tower.
Different colour soil, shadow, light?

case closed

[edit on 29-10-2009 by remymartin]

Very nice debunking there. The vid had me puzzled for a moment but these images clearly show its natural phenomena. Ah well, better luck next time.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Did any of you look at this guys other video !
the avalanche and tube repair , it does look really convincing that there is a tube underlying that escarpment !

and did anyone else notice the circular shadow right smack in the middle of the mars dust devil trail pictures , almost as though it was taken from a circular UFO

You can make your own minds up though

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gr4ppl3r
we are only seeing what they want us to see. The aliens are allowing us to see their presence. We are being prepared for an encounter on a massive global scale.

OMG ! Oh Noes!!!

.. And you know this how exactly? Meh!

There's a clown in every circus!

IRM

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gr4ppl3r
we are only seeing what they want us to see. The aliens are allowing us to see their presence. We are being prepared for an encounter on a massive global scale.

Actually, people are seeing what their mind wants them to see, nothing more. Be careful though, if you go too far down that road, you'll end up like that j7 guy, who will post a picture that has 20 rocks in it, and claim that there are definitively 20 alien faces in that picture. And he's serious.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
When someone has access to the original photos, with a resolution of 25 cm per pixel, and instead of using those shows a version that, besides compressed as a JPEG, it's more than 10 times smaller than the original photo, that, to me, can only mean two things: intent to deceive or a serious lack of reading skills.

Sad.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Each and every thread about pictures of X on planet [insert name] is the same.

You have the guys that point stuff, and the guys that laugh.

Well i hope the laugher will be able to go on laughing.

You should stay open minded though, just to avoid the heart attack when you will see real true pictures from someone else than NASA.

edit: and by the way debunking a NASA picture by another NASA picture is just fun.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Fedge]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmarehalo
I'm embarrassed to say that for a minute I really believed you that there were dune movers and a control tower on Mars. I was even going to post a reply saying, "How come NASA gets to live on Mars and I don't?"

Then I started thinking that they probably aren't dune movers at all but mining machines instead. After all, I didn't see any of the tracks people were talking about. And then I saw the larger images and realized how dumb I was but at least not as dumb as the maker of the video who failed to zoom in just a little bit more, and anybody who thinks that we just push dirt around on Mars and leave no tracks.

Why would you feel embarrassed? there is nothing to feel embarrassed about replying to any thread and being wrong or any other reason is what we are here for isn't it, some would like you to feel that way, yet if you look through some of their threads, you could say they have reason to feel the same.

As for some of the responses.

Part of the problem imo, is for years now it has become frustrating watching lets say news reporters making fun, having a laugh, and totally dismissing anything strange or out of the normal, yet it has begun to happen here now also, it's a different story when it's something that is close to their hearts, but that's life, if it's all such a joke then why even comment?
We are quick to rip NASA apart because of their obvious tampering with pictures, pictures of the Moon being out of focus, they accept that as the way it is (we cant get good pictures of the Moon because we don't have the technology) yet we have the technology to zoom right into the Planet Mars with incredible detail, and they accept that? isn't that a little hypocritical?

That's like allowing a Murderer to present their own forensic evidence, we wouldn't allow it or believe it for a second, so who is correct here? is it fine to ignore the admissions of NASA that they don't have the capability of extreme close up shots of Planetary bodies, then on the next page, give us extreme close ups of a Planetary body to dismiss an anomaly?

I call that double standards, and undeniable evidence that they are hiding something, some of the comments are like a broken record, thread after thread repeating the same old crap, "It cant be what you think because I am so clever and bow down and worship the God that be called NASA"

PLEASE, change the damn record, either they can give you great pictures or they cant, simple as that, sure ok this thread was mistaken, or so it seems, but dismissing everything because you found an explanation in pictures provided by those who gave you the first pictures, and then high fiving yourselves because you can add a little ridicule, give it a rest.

If evidence or a suspicious anomaly is found, then it deserves to be posted, if you find evidence explaining it, then fantastic we go on searching, but stop bloody gloating because you have proven something wrong, that's why these things are posted, to be debunked and proven to be nothing to worry about, it's not an excuse to be a big headed bigot.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I would really love to see some 'Golden Arches" out there somewhere. Either on Mars or on the Moon. Either way, it would make for an awesome conspiracy story. Plan 9 from outer space...

I mean, just look at the mascots. Those little McFry kids sure look pretty alien to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
The different versions of the photo in the OP can be found at HIRISE.

From HIRISE's information about the photos:

The top part of the scarp, to the left of the images, is still covered with bright (white) carbon dioxide frost which is disappearing from the polar regions as spring progresses.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

What we are seing in the video is simply thawing sand dunes on Mars. Like these ones:

What are these strange shapes on Mars? Defrosting sand dunes. As spring now dawns on the Northern Hemisphere of Mars, dunes of sand near the pole, as pictured above, are beginning to thaw. The carbon dioxide and water ice actually sublime in the thin atmosphere directly to gas. Thinner regions of ice typically defrost first revealing sand whose darkness soaks in sunlight and accelerates the thaw. The process might even involve sandy jets exploding through the thinning ice. By summer, spots will expand to encompass the entire dunes. The Martian North Pole is ringed by many similar fields of barchan sand dunes, whose strange, smooth arcs are shaped by persistent Martian winds.

apod.nasa.gov...

Wouldnt it be crazy if this picture is actually the top view of ppl houses? It looks like it mightve been made from a natural material to make it blend in to its surroundings. you can clearly saying lil openings (entrance) to all of them. What if.....

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Spoon on Mars?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
On the subject of Martian Anomalies, I submit for everyone's analysis, a Martian Boulder.

Google Earth 5x (Mars) - coords: 27 24 40.06 S 35 18 30.46 W

The object is roughly 10' in diameter, and the height of the object is up for debate. The shadow is cast over 50', but the ground slopes down away from the boulder, so that would account for the stretched shadow. The object has an unusually high albedo in comparison to the lower strata around it. The most intriguing aspect however, in my opinion, is the slight indentation on the top of the boulder, and how it matches the dimensions of the indentation at the top of the shadow. If the shadow was stretched out to 50' via sloping terrain, then the indentation should also be slightly stretched. The shadow also tapers at the base, insinuating that the object is also tapered at the base. Arguments against the object being taller than its width include the angle of the HiRISE satellite in relation to the boulder, and how it would have to be directly above to hide any more depth within the object.

What are ATS's opinions on it?

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Wayfarer]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ok here is my opinion.

What you call dune movers could very easily be just rocks.
(you show no before and after to show these dune movers have moved position.)

That said, your control tower does look interesting.

It is not very common, but not unheard of to have a rock on top of what looks like a stilt.

Being what appears to be round is also strange, but not unheard of.

If nothing else, it was some very Interesting pictures and great music with it.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

While I agree the music was great, the OP's images have been thoroughly debunked, which you can see HERE and HERE.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Something very fishy is going on. Earthfiles.com has a photo on their main page titled "dust devils leave tracks on surface of mars." The pic is credited to Nasa.
Tell me they don't look like truck tracks.
This has to be part of disclosure. Why would Nasa post the pic?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am posting from my phone. I can't save images from earthfiles and post here with my phone.
Somebody please help and post the earthfiles mars pic. After seeing that pic and the insanely high resolution, it begs the question...how can we get access to the hi-res pix.

Debunkers will have a hard time with identical parallel tracks running for long distances. Riddle me that stinky.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
I am posting from my phone. I can't save images from earthfiles and post here with my phone.
Somebody please help and post the earthfiles mars pic. After seeing that pic and the insanely high resolution, it begs the question...how can we get access to the hi-res pix.

Debunkers will have a hard time with identical parallel tracks running for long distances. Riddle me that stinky.

The image you refer to has already been posted here on page 2 of this thread (by Dnevnoi I think?) Oh, and I don't remember being able to see "identical parallel tracks running for long distances..." in it. Could you describe where these are on the image please?

regards,
G

Edited for spelling mistake!

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Gordi The Drummer]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fedge
edit: and by the way debunking a NASA picture by another NASA picture is just fun.
In this case it was not another NASA picture, it's the same, but the person that made the video used a smaller, worse version of the original 130042x42920 pixels image.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join