It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More objects found on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This user describes them as Dune Movers! To me they look like some sort of plantation and the one big white object... I have no idea what it can be, looks like a balloon of some sort! And the "dune mover" look like they have similar color and most of them are on TOP of the dunes and most have similar color/shapes

Anyhow good stuff!

In the same area as my " Tube Repair After Avalanche On Mars" video, from another perspective, are visible many "Dune Mover Machines" under the supervision of a camouflaged "Control Tower". Some "scientists" claim that these are shadows and pools of melting water. I disagree. Take a close look at the different configurations . Different machines performing assigned tasks. Some are like snow throwers and others resemble round discs. Notice the tracks each machine makes. There are also sets of three similar machines working in tandem on different dunes.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks like some kind of mining operation, with a central power station, might look like sand but who is to say? are these for sure pictures from mars, and not the Sahara desert or another place here on earth?

If they are from Mars, then I would say that something is certainly going on there, way too big to be a probe shield, they look like huge land rapers, you know the giant machines used for mining coal on the surface.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

ya, i was thinking in the same line... mining!

The one HUGE object can be a shelter or a power plant for the mining.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Whatever's there, they mostly seem to have a consistent structure. Kinda looks like something out of a HR Giger painting to me. Awesome find. S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Awesome find!

Maybe we are already there extracting ice(water) from the dunes?
BBC article

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
You get my S&F and how are we on ATS sure these are not living creatures?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Who said they aren't!
I personally believe that there are many creatures there as it is here on Earth. If there is water on mars (which there is) there also exists plantations and animals. Look at the sand formation it reminds me of sand on the beach! Even in the hottest desert with no water... creatures exist.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting thought, if they were living creatures, i would say they look like some form of arachnid, like in the movie starship troopers. Insectoid type's. Weird. S&F

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I've looked over the film more than a dozen times, even turning it, and at least three of the what are called "Dune Movers" seem to have exactly the same shape, I have to head out for a few hours, I want to do some screen captures though when I come home just to see.

It also has similarities to a solar tower, like the one they built in Italy? but there are no reflections from any mirrors it seems, I have to stick with strip Mining, and on a grand scale, there would be no way I can imagine to get those machines up there, which would certainly mean there has to be a productive society to build them.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
we just have to look if possible in a few months if those " machines " did move onto another place ....... then we could ask some questions of course, but for now could be anyting ......

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No machines , no tower.
Different colour soil, shadow, light?

case closed

[edit on 29-10-2009 by remymartin]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
omg..if all this is true...

so there is life on Mars?

are we going to turn page on this or start new threads like UFO IN BRAZIL NOV 2009

were can we go for answers?

is this not enough prove?/..so whats next? what shall we do?..shall i go have plenty of heineken and sleep

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
No machines , no tower.
Different colour soil, shadow, light?

case closed

[edit on 29-10-2009 by remymartin]

i think you debunked it pretty well...what others think?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Kind of looks like most the mars anomalies. A huge pile of crap is what i like to call it. Thnx freight train another instant classic.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Remymartin? where did you get those high rez images. I've pulled PSP_007338_2640 from the HiRISE website, but the resolution is about half of the images you linked.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Holy crap, are you kidding me? Those are rock outcroppings where the sand has eroded around them. Mars has an atmosphere and winds, so dunes would not be a natural formation? Why would anyone build machines to push sand around for no apparent reason? Go outside and get some fresh air already. Wow.

Heh - I posted before I saw the hi-res pictures. Looks like I was right, eh?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Spot on.

Shame, but definately different coloured soil blowing off the peak of the dunes.

Star for you

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The different versions of the photo in the OP can be found at HIRISE.

From HIRISE's information about the photos:

The top part of the scarp, to the left of the images, is still covered with bright (white) carbon dioxide frost which is disappearing from the polar regions as spring progresses.

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

What we are seing in the video is simply thawing sand dunes on Mars. Like these ones:

What are these strange shapes on Mars? Defrosting sand dunes. As spring now dawns on the Northern Hemisphere of Mars, dunes of sand near the pole, as pictured above, are beginning to thaw. The carbon dioxide and water ice actually sublime in the thin atmosphere directly to gas. Thinner regions of ice typically defrost first revealing sand whose darkness soaks in sunlight and accelerates the thaw. The process might even involve sandy jets exploding through the thinning ice. By summer, spots will expand to encompass the entire dunes. The Martian North Pole is ringed by many similar fields of barchan sand dunes, whose strange, smooth arcs are shaped by persistent Martian winds.

apod.nasa.gov...

So, no dune movers... (Why would there be machines moving dunes around om Mars. by the way?)

But the music in the video was great!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayfarer

Go to the hi rise site and use their jp2 IAS viewer its a java app.
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

YEP... different stuff...different spot...must be the same thing as at the other place...

Swamp gas, weather balloon,, move along folks... nothing to see here..debunked case closed..

No intelligent design, no dust flying in the air around the machines, no control tower...its just a bug on the lens..

After a while you "debunkers" begin to look REALLY stupid.. whose payroll are you on??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join