It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure what this was...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hello,

One nigh in October of 2000, I was hunting with some family and friends in Northern Ontario. Our hunting camp is position in a small clearing allowing a large view of the stars and Northern Lights. On one particular night, I had went out side (this was at about 2:00 in the morning) and looked up at the stars. After gazing for a few minutes, an object moving similar to a satellite caught my eye. I thought it odd that this satellite was so bright. Next, this object took a slow arcing turn toward the north and disappeared behind the trees (In which, from my view point were elevated). I have recently been running this through my head and trying to figure out what it could be. Any suggestions?

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
A ploy to get attention? C'mon dude.. you made that up. Where's pics?

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Well you definatly saw a UFO, can you describe the shape of this object a little more specifically?

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yup, by definition you saw an object that is currently unidentified! Were any of your buddies on the other side of the object, in order to triangulate its position, or was it so high up that it would not have mattered?

Did you hear any noise at all?

Did you miss any time?

posted on Feb, 23 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
A ploy to get attention? C'mon dude.. you made that up. Where's pics?

You know you cannot be so sekptical, maybe he did nto ahve a camera with him or does not know how to upload pics onto the net.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Camera or no Camera its still a nonsense post that serves no purpose.

"Hi. I saw a thing in the sky once"

GREAT!

so?

what are we supposed to do, sit around and speculate on what it might have been based on a vague description?

er....ok.....it was a plane! no no hang on it was a weather balloon.....no? how about it was a satellite? doesn't satisfy you? ok. From what you've said I can state with 99% certainty It was a group of extra terrestrial tourists from zeta reticuli buzzing earth in their plasma fuled star craft.

no.

really *nod*

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The problem with skeptics is that they choose to be ignorant. They dismiss claims without viewing facts and they ignore the everyday supernatural events that are right in front of them. Bottom line is that they choose not to use the one thing that truley sets us appart from animals. Our imagination.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is a falicy.

Skeptics are actually remarkably good at seeing whats right in front of them, in many ways thats what a skeptic does, wait until somone actually puts somthing in front of them before they claim to see it.

I'm a skeptic, I also happen to believe that there are unknown crafts in our sky.

This post however is no more valuable than somone who runs into a room claiming to have seen Elvis in the super market.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Do you believe in God?

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm A skeptic.

I have not seen any reasonable evidence to prove the existence of an omnipotent creator of the universe, nor have I seen any that destroys the possibility one exists.

I would say however that if s/he it does exist it needs a better publicity agent because the word of god or "bible" is full of discrepancys and innacuracys that prove that even if God exists, Christianity is way of the mark.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I completely agree with you on the topic of corruption in the bible. God didn't write the bible, people did. I think that people put their own ideas into the bible instead of the word of God. People can be so pathetic sometimes.

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would have replied sooner but I have been very sick.

ArcAngel: (Extreme Sarcasm) Yes, your exactly right, I was trying to get loads of attention, I need it, after all, what�s life without lots and lots of it?

Midnight Mutilator: No, at first I thought it may have been a satellite, but satellites don't turn in wide arcs (to my knowledge) do they?

MKULTRA: No, I was taking a leak (hence to 2:00 AM part)

JediMaster: I had no camera and if I did, it wouldn't have been much anyway, it looked like a very bright satellite.

Lupe_101: Well, if you would have read the post at the bottom I put "Any suggestions?" that is, I was not asking for your type of reply. Also, I think I may have seen Elvis in the supermarket too, he was in the Jams and Jellies section.

Daniel191159: I, on that topic (of God or not), I can't really say. There could be and there couldn't be. I am also somewhat biased towards scientific findings but that's not to say if there is God or not.

Now, all I wanted, is if anyone has seen anything similar, I didn't say it WAS or it WASN'T an Alien Craft, I just happened to think of it as odd...

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well no doubt it was a UFO, I find it handy to carry a camera with me most times in case of encounters like you had. It�s not to my knowledge that satellites turn wide arcs, I have had a few UFO encounters in my day as well, only wrote about two though. I actually got pictures on my first UFO sighting...You can read them here....

www.hostileinvader.com...
www.hostileinvader.com...

Feel free to surf the rest of my site as well

top topics

join