It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO pictures I took!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We were driving, I was chatting with my friend (who was driving) and my daughter was unusually quiet. Then she starts shouting : "mommy, look! What is that?". Then I look out the window and up in the sky, was this big and bright shiny object, moving towards the sun.
I was excited, I took my phone (some old Nokia but with a decent camera) and only managed to take 2 decent pictures. Keep in mind we were moving, it didn't last very long and she didn't stop the car.
The object was very bright with flickers of colors. The colors on it reminded me of a rainbow. The all thing lasted for about 2 minutes, I lost track of it when it went to close to the sun and we drove past it. All my friend could say was :"interesting" ...I couldn't contain my excitement!

This happened in France, near Cernay at about 3pm local time.

The 2 quite large pictures can be found at my ATS media portal.
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=list_photos&album_id=1841

(not sure how to paste and crop them here).
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=53540
media.abovetopsecret.com...&action=view&id=53538

What do you think this was????

[edit on 29-10-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Looks like a "sun dog".

I don't see anything unusual.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Don't really see anything in the pictures..

Sure you're not just trying to show off your good looks?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I dunno about sundogs the only time I have ever seen sundogs is in the extreme cold -30+C. Also sundogs don't flicker or move. They fade in and then fade away.

OP was there a rainbow shaped like a halo?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Yep, that's indeed a sundog. When I got back from France last september I saw two of them and captured them on Video.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
There was no rainbow and it was quite a dry day. Also it moved , not stationary like sindogs, then disappeared, didnt fade away slowly.
I could be some optical illusion as we were travelling, but im pretty sure it's not a sundog, though it looks very similar.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I know what you guys are referring to when you say it's a sun dog, particularly in the first one, but is there not a dark, spherical object in the second photo?

Is that what we're looking at here?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fanthorpe]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fanthorpe

Yes there is Oracle is not referring to the small rainbow reflection. She is reffering to the small gray circle in the pic. This thread is not recieving enough attention.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A mark on the window maybe?

Its not the best example i've seen, not much detail etc etc...

Thanks for sharing though

Peace.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i see a strange object in the 2nd picture not sure what it is though above the tree line and noticed the orb/glare possibly nice pics btw HAWT

thanks for posting

[edit on 29-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

well first oracle.. let me start by saying. you are very pretty. Now.. I think the second photo says more. ITs good htat you took more than one pic. one showing your camera isnt messed up, and the other showing the thing in question. I am curious about its movement speed.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Don't take pictures through glass, when you do, anomalies like these happen.

top topics

join