It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina state attorney caught with stripper in graveyard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

South Carolina state attorney caught with stripper in graveyard

rawstory.com

A deputy assistant attorney general who said he was on his lunch break when an officer found him with a stripper and sex toys in his sport utility vehicle has been fired, his boss said Wednesday.

Roland Corning, 66, a former state legislator, was in a secluded part of a downtown cemetery when an officer spotted him Monday, according to a police report obtained by The Associated Press under the Freedom of Information Act.

As the officer approached, Corning sped off, then pulled over a few blocks away. He and the 18-year-old woman with him, an employee of the Platinum Plus Gentleman's Clu
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
hosted.ap.org

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
As if the State of South Carolina hasn't had enough sex scandals this year!

I'm not going to turn this into a partisan issue, as it shouldn't be. Sex is good for you, no matter who you are...but if you are a politician, especially under the banner of the Family Values platform, it's probably best to keep it in your pants and save it for your wife.

I'm not sure what is more embarrassing in this situation...being a public official caught in a cemetery with an 18 year old prostitot (spelling intentional because of the age of the prostitute) doing the deed, or having the officer call his wife who works with the Asst. Attorney General's wife to verify the alibis?

Losing his job was appropriate, although I'm sure it doesn't compare to what his wife is going to do to him!

Is there something in the water in South Carolina? Or is it just that South Carolinian politicians are careless enough to get caught?

Post-Script: I was going to post the link to the Platinum Gentleman's Club of South Carolina, with a link to the prostitot...but it is neither work friendly and you must be 18 years or older to view the site (and viewing such sites is illegal in some areas of the world). If you are curious as to whom the 66 year old was getting naughty with, it doesn't take much research. He probably would have been better off with an intern, but then again, that's probably why his wife works in the same office with him!

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-10-2009 by fraterormus]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Man I read the thread title and thought it was a halloween joke. Wow, someone has some strange fetish there.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

At 66 years old, I'm pretty sure the last person he was thinking of was his wife. The way I see it, the only problem was that he got caught. He didn't go flaunt in the mall, he went to a place where he thought he wouldn't get busted. Where's he supposed to go to bust one off?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Trying to have sex in a graveyard? Not only is his moral compass stuck, if he believes he needs a graveyard for sex, he's got some REALLY big psychological problems.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Trick or treat.

Is it me, or are the good ol' days gone for politicians?

Used to be a time that politicians would get away with this kind of stuff.

Is there a rift between cops and politicians?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well, as a pervert myself, I feel sorry for this guy, and a little jealous!!

But, if they were in a secluded part of a cemetary, and then drove away as the officer approached, then what right did the officer have to pursue any charges, or call the guy's wife?

They weren't caught "in the act" and there would not have been any reason to identify the girl as a stripper, or where she works? I have often parked in secluded parts of cemetaries ("parking" with a girl, or just as a quiet place to sit ponder things), and if an officer would have ever approached me, what would have happened? Public property in broad daylight, not trespassing, not causing any problems. Even if they were only the least bit covered, then no crime was being committed?

So, poor wife, and poor guy, and poor prostitute, for what?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
LOL!

Maybe Cops are good for something after all! Between catching politicians driving drunk, speeding, and doing the nasty in the cemetery, it's nice to know that besides the brutality, corruption, and taser incidents that plague the news that they at least don't let even politicians get away with anything either.

As for choosing a cemetery for the locale, it would have been one thing if he was a 20-something Goth, but being an upstanding member of his community, his choice of locations does seem rather suspect. It was certainly apropos for the season though. There is something poetic about the timing.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Being a "stripper" (I prefer exotic dancer) I really get irritated when I see headlines like these. So what, he was with an exotic dancer and had some toys. What if he was with a mail clerk, would that be as scandalous because she isnt some "stripper" no it wouldnt, people wouldnt even really care. He was unfaithful to his wife does it really matter what the girl did for a living? No it doesnt, but god for bid its a dancer then OMG scandalous. These guys will cheat with whoever is willing NOT just "strippers," no wonder people still think I am some horrible person who is gonna burn in hell.....sorry dont mean to rant, it's just annoying that people only see this as bad more than likely because it was a "stripper" he was caught with. She is a sleazy girl because she messed around with a married man not because she is a dancer.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Maybe it was her idea to go to the cemetery ...

Hey, he's 66, the old ticker could be dodgy ... better be safe than sorry.

Kudos to her for planning ahead and being considerate to the mortician.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Ah, yes, I can remember another scandal involving a stripper, the famous Tidal Basin Scandal. Congressman Wilbur Mills and Fanne Foxe.

source

The scandal that brought him down centered on his relationship with an Argentinean stripper, named Fanne Foxe. The two were caught in a Lincoln Continental that was speeding near the Tidal Basin.

When the Park Police stopped the car, the stripper jumped out and ran into the water. Mills trailed her. Voters re-elected Mills the following month, but when he joined her on stage and appeared drunk at her first public performance after the Tidal Basin incident, Democrats stripped him of his power.

sigh...good ole fashioned carousing..... a time when citizens cried foul! over the hint of lobbyist influence over their elected leaders...a time before cultural issues became voting issues

The relationship between Mills and powerful interest groups, such as the oil industry, had become the subject of investigations following his unsuccessful campaign for the presidency in 1972.

Since 1980, politicians have increasingly engaged in trysts with corporate lobbyists. Corrupt corporate influence is no longer shameful, but legal.

Washington has become a brothel, where corporate johns arrive to exchange money for favors.

We must go back to the time when sex toys was not a newsworthy item, but influence over an elected leader was. Ok, maybe a little juicy sex scandal once in awhile. But it has to involve either water or a cemetery.

join