It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whatever the Chinese want. READ!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke has been granted the power of the Presidency in dealing with the Chinese in Technology Transfer. As a long time friend of the Chinese, he is now the POTUS when it comes to giving them what they want.
(No one read the first post - this is important!)

[[Page 50913]]
Presidential Determination No. 2009-31 of September 29, 2009

Presidential Determination On the Delegation of Certifications Under Section 1512 of Public Law 105-261 Memorandum for the Secretary of Commerce
By virtue of the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 301 of Title 3, United States Code, I hereby delegate to you the functions of the President under section 1512 of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1999 (NDAA). In the performance of your responsibility under this memorandum, you shall consult, as appropriate, the heads of other executive departments and agencies. You are authorized and directed to publish this determination in the Federal Register.
---
SEC. 1512. CERTIFICATION OF EXPORTS OF MISSILE EQUIPMENT OR TECHNOLOGY TO CHINA.

The President shall certify to the Congress at least 15 days in advance of any export to the People's Republic of China of missile equipment or technology (as defined in section 74 of the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2797c)) that--

(1) such export is not detrimental to the United States space launch industry; and

(2) the missile equipment or technology, including any indirect technical benefit that could be derived from such export, will not measurably improve the missile or space launch capabilities of the People's Republic of China.
---
The Secretary of Commerce Gary Locke has been given FULL authority for China technology transfer:

Man oh man oh man - how much would that be worth!! A whole country happy to see you and shake your hand. And give you lots and lots of money!!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

It seems that no one really cares, a few month back when I posted a thread regarding this very issue it got very few replies.

There are 3 types of people in the world.

1. People who make things happen = 5%

2. People who watch things happen = 10%

3. Sheople who ask after, what the hell happened = 85%

United States to Allow More Hi-Tech Exports to China

Jul. 31 - The United States will soon allow more high-tech exports to China as part of the issues agreed upon during the recently concluded China-U.S. Strategic and Economic Dialogue this week.

“The U.S. pledged to facilitate exports of high-technology products from the U.S. to China,” Vice-Premier Wang Qishan told China Daily adding that the dialogue was a “full success.”

The United States to Allow More Hi-Tech Exports to China

[edit on 29-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

This is outrageous and is TREASON, This Government would soon hand over the country to these Commie Bastards, then have to face us. Freaking cowards, Damn-it if I had an Army I storm DC

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think the Chinese are the biggest threat to America, period. The irony is they have supplied us so much rope and we keep running in the same direction without regard, and all of a sudden the rope will cinch and we will be left looking stupid and saying what happened. The scary part is if you look at the executive branch, there is a sentiment that the Chinese way is the way to go. People will laugh and scoff but when the dollar is officially dropped, again many will be left asking what happened. Once the super rich have transfered over the majority of dollars to another secure and leveraged form of power and money we will really see things start to snowball.

The real unseen problem with this story is that the reason for such a transfer of technology is based on an integration system so China can continue to monitor their investment. What I want to know is who, in the Chinese government is acting as 'monitors' for the federal reserve?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I respect China in some ways, considering the US is in debt to them. Bravo, you're taking out a giant without even looking at them.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It seems that no one really cares, a few month back when I posted a thread regarding this very issue it got very few replies.

There are 3 types of people in the world.

1. People who make things happen = 5%

2. People who watch things happen = 10%

3. Sheople who ask after, what the hell happened = 85%

I think that is a pretty good breakdown Slayer, but remember there are other dimensions to it. I for one bounce around in the 1 and 2 ranges. I don't act towards the best interest of the USA because I don't think in terms of the USA vs the rest of the world. There is something much bigger going on here and one person cannot change any of it. This is the time for education and strategic planning. After all, what is the ultimate goal? Continuation of the status quo or evolution into something better? Evolution always exacts a price. In this case, I think it will be 1/3 of the free world waking up to find themselves enslaved one day with the balance first in shock and then in arms. Humans generally don't act en masse based on ideas alone, they act based on real and painful facts and experiences shaped by a charismatic leader into actionable steps. the simple fact is that there has not been enough pain yet to make the humans stand up and fight (although it is getting there).

As for the export of missle tech to China, this one has me puzzled, although it may just be me being slow today. Why on earth would China agree to buy US missle technology if it would not give them an advantage? Even something as simple as US missles being of higher quality implies an advantage. Seems the wording of the resolution is meant to appease the masses without actually meaning anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

I don't act towards the best interest of the USA because I don't think in terms of the USA vs the rest of the world. There is something much bigger going on here and one person cannot change any of it. This is the time for education and strategic planning. After all, what is the ultimate goal? Continuation of the status quo or evolution into something better?

The transition needs to happen at a slower pace otherwise it will be like somebody with the bends from deep sea diving in a decompression chamber going from 7 atmospheres down to 1 in a second SPLAT!

One misconception is that China [not the rest of the world] are already the masters of cheap mass production/knock offs of name brand high end consumer technology. True which is about as far as most people think of in terms of high technology.

What is happening here is a direct under cutting of the last advantage the US has as far a competitiveness in trade. This drives our last remaining shinning nugget of US industry.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So, basically we will end up giving them probably half of our hi-tech technology and then China, with passion and dedication, will steal the other half.

Therefore giving China the whole shebang and ability to possible compete or outdo us.

Doesn't sound good at all.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The transition needs to happen at a slower pace otherwise it will be like somebody with the bends from deep sea diving in a decompression chamber going from 7 atmospheres down to 1 in a second SPLAT!

I have mixed feeling about this, but I understand what you are getting at. I think they may have been moving at a pace set by society. As news channels get faster and faster, the blitz becomes a blur and they can work their mechanations behind the scenes hidden by noise.

One misconception is that China [not the rest of the world] are already the masters of cheap mass production/knock offs of name brand high end consumer technology. True which is about as far as most people think of in terms of high technology.

What is happening here is a direct under cutting of the last advantage the US has as far a competitiveness in trade. This drives our last remaining shinning nugget of US industry.

See this is the part that confused the crap outta me. That's what I was leaning towards as well, but then this directly counters the wording of the resolution quoted in the OP. If they can't already make missles of the quality we have, then by selling them our missles and supporting tech, they gain that knowledge and thus improve their space launch tech by proxy. *shrug* maybe I am reading too much into it.

Anyway, I agree, though, that this is a horrible things to do. It reminds me of theh stories of RCA and Harley Davidson, and Detroit.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
See this is the part that confused the crap outta me. That's what I was leaning towards as well, but then this directly counters the wording of the resolution quoted in the OP. If they can't already make missles of the quality we have, then by selling them our missles and supporting tech, they gain that knowledge and thus improve their space launch tech by proxy. *shrug* maybe I am reading too much into it.

You hit upon the real High Technology it's the "supporting tech" both in manufacturing and high end high yield production that creates the higher quality rockets etc.

The latest I-pod or laptop are high end consumer electronics and are far below the levels we are referring to when you hear about the transfer of high technology. If that were the case then China would buy everything they needed off the shelf in Japan.

Thank God nobody has mentioned "Exotic Technologies".

If you hear that phrase being used it's Game over.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The plan for a one world government is coming along right on schedule.

A Chinese/American with an English sounding name.

Locke was born on January 21, 1950 in Seattle, Washington. A third-generation American with paternal ancestry from Taishan, Guangdong in China, Locke is the second of five children of James, a native of the United States, and Julie Locke from Hong Kong, which at that time was a dependent territory of the United Kingdom. His parents gave him the Chinese name of 駱家輝 (pronounced Lok Gaa-Fai in Cantonese). He did not learn to speak English until he was five years old.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Remember also that this will boost 4th quarter earnings as our dollars come home to roost showing an unrealistic recovery to crow about.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer69 i agree with you 100%. Our advantage over China and probably the whole world is the technology we have access too. But we have to remember that alot if not most of our tech is mostly reengineered alien tech or something that Docs or Professors stumbled upon and the DoD decided to hide.

Be easy chief, yea we are giving them some technology but you know better than me and most that the US of A is saving that hotness for itself to line their pockets.

new topics

top topics

join