It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boys who are girls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
As much as this is an interesting story:

Research at Rotterdam's Erasmus University found that boys whose mothers were exposed to PCBs and dioxins were more likely to play with dolls and tea sets and dress up in female clothes

Absolute hogwash.....its not chemicals that sway children to play or dress in a particular gender specific manner, but conditioning, IMO this statement alone reduces the credibility of the study....WTF..!!

[edit on 30-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Ok,
if hormones in milk and growth hormones in meats are supposedly causing girls to reach sexual maturity at a younger age,
then is it possible that the estrogen found in many of these hormones are effecting the testosterone levels in our boys???
just a thought.

growth hormone article

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I may have to invest in Bro (Manzier) Stocks! I'll get in at the ground floor before it really takes off!

IRM

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
erm...

boys who play with dolls and tea sets and dress up in female clothes?

wtf

my mom bought me he-man sword and lots of cars and crap like that.

who buys tea sets as a gift for a son?
i'm confused.
that chemicals don't affect children's brains. but parents are different story.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I really don't get how some people can look at this and have any doubts at all.
WTF? is right.

Plastic is not natural. It is completely foreign. For the eons that man (and other creatures) has been on this earth his body has not had to deal with plastics and bizarre chemicals. Our internal ecosystems are based on the natural environment as it existed all those years.

Our internal system cannot cope with the myriad chemicals that we now dowse it with through artificial fibres, things we put on our skin, things we put in our foods and on and on.

How could there not be some bad reaction? How can you sit there and defend the indefensible?

As we begin to make real progress we will be moving away from chemistry and back to a safer, more natural reality. When we finally learn to work with nature instead of against her; then we will see some amazing things.

If we can survive the disaster that is about to happen from all this chemical tinkering, that is.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I have no doubts that processed chemicals are having a detrimental effect on humankind, I call BS on them being responsible for swaying little boys to play with Tea sets or other stereotypical girls toys, this falls under Gender Conditioning and has nothing to do with processed chemicals.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
It all makes sense now! I always knew that I was a Lesbian trapped in a mans' body!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As to little boys playing with dolls etc...
They are not telling us whether these children had a choice.
Playing with dolls is part of the mothering instinct.

The estrogens in our food, & water is a fact.
The gender bent acquatic life is a fact.

I have not yet seen any alarms go out about all the lawn chemicals that are so widely used. Now then have to get into the water.
And to think that some probably most areas have requirement to keep your lawn green and weed free.
I think it is time for a little common sense to rise to the surface.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by justine093

Yes, testosterone counts are diminishing as well. There's many reasons. Endocrine disruptors cause lower sperm counts, this correlates with lower testosterone. Also, copper piping is still all over the place, and copper is correlated with estrogen as well.

There's a reason men are more docile, and spiritually inclined these days. They are becoming feminized. I seriously can tell the difference between the mid-nineties when I was growing up, and now. This is a serious problem, and needs to be adress, ASAP.

Watch the documentary I posted on the first page. About halfway through, it states that leading biologists from around the globe got together. There remark was that this IS THE BEGINNING SIGN OF EXTINCTION!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
reply to post by wayno

I have no doubts that processed chemicals are having a detrimental effect on humankind, I call BS on them being responsible for swaying little boys to play with Tea sets or other stereotypical girls toys, this falls under Gender Conditioning and has nothing to do with processed chemicals.

Environmental influences like conditioning are valid contributors, but are not the whole story. You cannot deny the biological influence of hormones on all aspects of human development. Some chemicals now floating around our environment mimic hormonal activity. Their effects is what is at issue here.

Conditioning cannot change one's internal hormonal balance. Drugs and chemicals in the water and food can. Once the hormonal balance is disturbed, the consequences can be far reaching. Changes in behaviour would not be unrealistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join