It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Science/Technology) Introduction and question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hello there,

After a year of lurking i have decided to sign up so hopefully some light can be shed on a phenomenon i have been experiencing for some time now.

The phenomenon i have stated above involves the discharging of electronic equipment, let me explain:

When i have finished working on my PC and shut it down approximately 10 minutes later there is an audible 'crack' sound, similar to that of the sound of plastic cracking from (what i suspect is my TFT) as it discharges.

Now i dont find this phenomenon in itself puzzling, however what i do find puzzling is how i am able to see light emitted from this phenomenon at night when my eyes are closed.

When i turn off my PC at night and wait for the discharge to occur with my eyes open i do not see any light when the discharge occurs, however if i close my eyes i am able to see a flash of light through my closed eyelids which coinsides with the discharge and the 'cracking' sound. The best analogy i can think of is viewing sheet lightning on an overcast night.

So when this discharge occurs why am i unable to view the light emmited during the phenomenon with the naked eye?

I await your rational explanations in anticipation an apologise in advance for any ignorance on my part.

Regards,
TheCuriousOrange

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Welcome

I have to ask, if you are really jumpy?

I have something similar happen to me, and if someone sneeks up on me, or I am anticipating "know" something is about to happen, I look away or close my eyes in anticipation of this event and if my eyes are closed and my reflexes kick in, I too see a spark,color, almost like electric sound.

I have found that it is from my natural jumpiness, and all my co-workers and family/friends exploit this just to watch me jump, I guess its in good fun, no harm intended I'm sure! I just don't think they understand how bad it affects me.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hi thank you for the response,

No im not a naturally jumpy person, infact everytime i witness this phenomenon i am in bed and relaxed after shutting down the PC for the night.

Though i have on occasion anticipated the phenomenon occuring it has also happened when i have not been anticipating it (i.e i forgot).

I'm just puzzled on how i am able to see this brief flash of light through my closed eyelids but not with my open eyes.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by TheCuriousOrange]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The Introduction Forum is for introductions… To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic. ATS has a twenty post requirement before a new member can start a thread on the myriad of ATS fora… “Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself

Some links that may answer any questions.

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

If you have any questions please feel free to U2U (message) me or any staff member any time.

Thread Closed

top topics

join