It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

First of all, thanks for the fantastic resource. I've got lots of reading to do here.

Here's just some things i want to point out:

From Enki's journey to Nibru;

When Enki rises, the fishes rise before him like waves. He has the abzu stand as a marvel, as he brings joy into the engur.

So Enki raises the Abzu, the water. This is what we were discussing earlier, no?

In the shrine of Nibru, Enki provided a meal for Enlil, his father.

Enlil, his father? What? I thought Enlil and Enki were brothers?

Then, further down, Enlil is speaking and he refers to Enki as both his son and father:

My son, king Enki, has built up the temple!

the shrine of the abzu, the good destiny of Enki, befitting the elaborate divine powers; the temple of Eridug, built with silver: for all this, father Enki be praised!

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
excerpt from an email exchange i had with dr. heiser (the guy who wrote the divine council .pdf pages, i linked you to)

Bel is Baal because (1) Baal was rendered into Greek as Bel (the "e" being the long "e" - the "eta" in Greek - as opposed to the short "e" the epsilon); and (2) When the Greek spelling was transliterated into English (when various texts from the ancient world got translated), the transliteration was "Bel" since English transliteration doesn't distinguish between the short and long "e" of Greek. A scholar would use diacritical marks to distinguish them, but translations of these texts were meant for the wider English reading audience, who could care less about such precision (and it was easier to typeset too).

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

aren't those interesting texts? i thought so too.
enlil was father
enki was son

there are variants on it but they don't make much sense, unless the scribal priests got confused on all the "LIL" attributions somewhere along the line.

note in the text ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER, that the E.ABZU is raised up from the ABZU, and is made entirely of silver, covered with gold. blink, blink, blink. say what? it's a submersible, floating, flying, metal house decorated with lapis lazuli, and sporting an interior that is "a tangled thread beyond understanding", glowing so brightly it lights up the area and so on. now if that's a ziggurat, i'll eat your hat. (just in case, make sure it's safely edible and not too sweet)

[edit on 31-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Samuel Noah Kramer, an assyriologist who was the first to translate many of the sumerian texts, said in his book "Enki Builds the E-Engurra":

The lord of the abyss, the king Enki, Enki the Lord who decrees the fates, Built his house of silver and lapis lazuli; Its silver and lapis lazuli, like sparkling light, The father fashioned fittingly in the abyss.

[...]

Then Enki raises the city of Eridu from the abyss and makes it float over the water like a lofty mountain.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by serbsta

aren't those interesting texts? i thought so too.
enlil was father
enki was son

But when Enlil was speaking he referred to Enki as his father AND his son:

the shrine of the abzu, the good destiny of Enki, befitting the elaborate divine powers; the temple of Eridug, built with silver: for all this, father Enki be praised!

Edit: I think i made sense of this now, once i re-read it. He is referring to his son, Enki, being the father of what he has created?

excerpt from an email exchange i had with dr. heiser (the guy who wrote the divine council .pdf pages, i linked you to)

Bel is Baal because (1) Baal was rendered into Greek as Bel (the "e" being the long "e" - the "eta" in Greek - as opposed to the short "e" the epsilon);

Oh ok, so in a way BAAL isn't really pronounced with a solid A sound, rather EE; or in that sense?

reply to post by serbsta

note in the text ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER, that the E.ABZU is raised up from the ABZU, and is made entirely of silver, covered with gold. blink, blink, blink. say what? it's a submersible, floating, flying, metal house decorated with lapis lazuli, and sporting an interior that is "a tangled thread beyond understanding", glowing so brightly it lights up the area and so on. now if that's a ziggurat, i'll eat your hat. (just in case, make sure it's safely edible and not too sweet)

Well i'll my hat aswell! If only it went into a bit more detail about the structure aswell, it would be case closed! But this is interesting to say the least.

[edit on 31/10/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

ah but enki's not writing the texts. his priests are, though, who are his offspring-- according to them anyway.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
and now for something that'll really knock your socks off:

the ONLY surviving statue (so far) from enki's city of Eridu
source:
front view
oi.uchicago.edu...
side view
oi.uchicago.edu...

the statue has six or more fingers on each hand, and the mouth has fangs.

what's that look like to you?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Ah yes, i came across this page while i was doing research for this thread. Well to me it looks odd for one. The hands are strange as you've noted, and i can only see the 'fangs' in the second shot. It's an interesting sculpture, im not too sure though, how anatomically accurate it was intended to be. Because if it was intended to be as close as possible, the second image shows an unnatural looking jaw/lower face protruding outwards which looks anything but human.

What are you're thoughts on it other than those slight observations?

[edit on 31/10/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Didnt Anne Boleyn the Queen of England have six fingers,and isnt she Que en Elisabeth 1sts mother.Continued royal bloodlines from Sumerian history to today .Coincidence.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

it's not the only one though

female UR
oi.uchicago.edu...
female UR
oi.uchicago.edu...
www.atlastours.net...

here's more, from abydos (pronounced abzu) egypt

there's a bunch more from that time frame. there are no human statues. even the earth goddesses are some kind of reptile hybrid thing ... or maybe we are the hybrids of the reptilians. someone mentioned the body of the eridu statue was human. not necessarily. i mean lots of male animals have peni....err... family jewels. that's not an indicator of it being human.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

I've looked into it. And as far as i can see there's no solid proof that that was actual fact. Besides, many people have been born with a deformity such as a 6th finger. Are they all from alien bloodlines aswell?

Not to mock you or anything, but that is boldly detracting from the purpose of this thread and is pushing it into obscurity.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
reply to post by Devino

Right. When you turn one upside down on the former (perpendicular to axis) it then criss-crosses, like lacing a sandal. The single rotation (parallel to axis) can be seen as a criss-cross in three dimensions instead of two (for 180 deg.)

I think the single rotation double helix can behave like a transmission line without LC properties. This is very interesting for study.

The two snakes begin from the bottom and wind their way up, neither one is upside down, both face each other at or just below the lateral bar or wings. I wonder if these are representing Birkeland currents.

The idea that these plasma currents look alive is apparent when we witness them dance around. Winged or feathered serpents either as dragons or large celestial birds are found in the myths the world over. Just about every ancient culture describes an event in the skies or heavens that has to do with such a phenomena.

These events are described having various colors that make sounds, interact with other celestial objects and the Earth.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

The idea that these plasma currents look alive is apparent when we witness them dance around. Winged or feathered serpents either as dragons or large celestial birds are found in the myths the world over. Just about every ancient culture describes an event in the skies or heavens that has to do with such a phenomena.

Unity of Myth, by far the most interesting topic to investigate and i will set my sight on it in the near future, if someone doesn't beat me to it. But i still have too much to learn to make an adequate attempt.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

enki is called the "great dragon," in the text ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER (which you can see at sumerian texts link).

i thought, does this mean they already had a "dragon" myth at the time or does this mean "dragon" doesn't necessarily mean what we think it means.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They might not be but I am a direct relative of the Queens and I have been abducted and had many events happen in my life ,although I have the correct number of fingers and I have grown up in an obscure place in relative poverty I have known since I have had memories that I am of royal blood and I dont mean royal as in any royalty recognised today.

There is an actual feeling and it isnt like you might think like a feeling of superiority,not at all,more like a lifelong feeling of having to try to help people have better lives and make sound choices.

But a GREAT FEELING OF RESPONSIBILITY AND GREAT WILLINGNESS TO SACRIFICE SELF FOR GREATER PRINCIPALS THAN PERSONAL FULFILLMENT.

I am related to two women who ascended to Queenhood,Catherine Howard and Ann Boleyn,I can tell you why the reports of their incredible composure and faith in themselves in the face of their murders exists today,BECAUSE THEY WERE ROYALTY LONG BEFORE THE ENGLISH ROYAL FAMILY EXISETED,they in fact were both from royal blood much older than the Kings he just didnt know it.And they behaved as royalty that old in their most challenging moments.

Both women prior to their exit from this world refused to beg or blame anyone for their position,they both showed loyalty to the king and they both asked that the processes that put them before their deaths NOT be questioned after their deaths.They did not want their lives or deaths to be interpreted as a mistake or a miscarriage in any way,their paths were clear to them and they would not honor the deciet that took their lives with a useless battle that would in fact give their murderers the only victory they could take from their deaths.

They also chose to save their families from further prosecution and INVESTIGATION after their deaths.

Their journeys were already over and they had already played their part in a great history and like anyone with royal insight THEY WERE LIVING IN THE NOW and they knew it.They were happy to carry forward in their journeys,THEY WERE FULFILLED.

This is a mindset a little different than some peoples and it is indicitave of a royal bloodline older than we can record.

Queen Anns daughter Queen Elisabeth 1st. was a direct result of a CONTRIBUTION of very old royal blood to a rapidly diminishing very new royal bloodline,and look at the magnificant things she led the country to accomplish.

Yes,I believe that bloodlines make a difference,does any particular bloodline make someone BETTER than someone else,I HIGHLY DOUBT IT.

We arent much different than other life forms,we all carry traits in us that are different,depending on the current circumstances we face any one of the many types of traits we carry may give us an advantage somehow.

Sometimes how we leave this world is a better way to judge our contribution than how we spend our time here.Some people are just to connected to the materilism of this world and like opposing forces attracting each other these people seek to surround themselves with people who are FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT OF LIFE.It is easier to continue your journey if you are filled with spirit as opposed to a wish to hold on to "percieved material power"or things you can posess.

And on the upside how the heck else would I explain my olive complexion.

Physical traits may be passed on by men somehow but I am sure that spiritual traits are passed on by the mothers.

There is an inner strength in the face of surrendering your corpreal life that scares or confuses some people,but some people have no fear or trepidation,I believe that this is how we must gauge strength of spirit,by our comfort and willingness to carry our journey forward with ease and confidence that our path has been a true one.

The Sumerian history does something that should attract a lot of people towards it,it attributes all the full spectrum of human emotions to the creators and it identifies them as being non-divine,it says they are corpreal or they are living creatures like we are.

I believe this to be the most accurate perspective I have ever read,YET.

I accept any doctrine that DOES NOT HAVE A COMPONENT OF DIVINITY included as I see the concept of divinity to be directly related to divine forgiveness which in my opinion is an abbrogation of human conscience and this is the exact reason our world is full of pain and hardship.

I call divinity PASSING THE BUCK.

Funny,but with a couple of Queens up my sleeve it should be no surprise I have an ace in there somewhere to,here it is,I also have a direct relative who founded a new age religon with members numbering in the millions.

Imagine how surprised I was when I was able to put my abduction into perspective from a historical perspective.

I have some real movers and shakers in my family tree.

We all have to learn to let go of our material connection to this world because it is the only way we can let our guard down enough to BE ABLE TO OPEN OUR MINDS TO NEW AND EXCITING PERSPECTIVES OR FUTURES.

We must recognise that it is the fiscal system and our connection to the material items in our life and the reality that our actual time in our lives was invested into these things that allow us to be manipulated into silence because we are so busy earning that we quit learning.

We should be learning for our entire lives from books and other people,we are pigeon holed into small inconsequential existances when each and every one of us has so much more to give,we need to be focusing on each other not ourselves or our desire or our MANUFACTURED NEED FOR MONEY.

I believe some of us are born seeing these things and some of us are taught these things,BUT I AM SURE OF ONE THING. THERE HAS BEEN A CONCERTED EFFORT FOR GENERATIONS AND GENERATIONS TO KEEP THE MAJORITY OF HUMANITY BLINDED TO THESE PERSPECTIVES.

Money--Church--Government

If you subtract any one of these three things the other TWO WILL also be subtracted.They are symbiotic,they all need each other to survive.

BUT WE DONT REQUIRE ANY OF THEM AS THEY ARE REPRESENTED TODAY.

We exist as a species today in order that these things survive,so who are we doing this for again.

Obviously not ourselves.

Why cant the majority of humanity see this perspective or reality,I worry it is because they will not have to be a part of it because if you cant accept a new perspective or reality you cannot participate in it,so I fear we are making our choices now.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by one4all]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Great read.... Interesting stuff there....

I found this part very interesting on WIKI:

Enlil, lord of the ghost-land, in the north at the temple of Nippur. His gifts to mankind were said to be the spells and incantations that the spirits of good or evil were compelled to obey

Any resemblance to what is going on today with the Radical Muslims?

S+F

[edit on 31-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

enki is called the "great dragon," in the text ENKI AND THE WORLD ORDER (which you can see at sumerian texts link).

i thought, does this mean they already had a "dragon" myth at the time or does this mean "dragon" doesn't necessarily mean what we think it means.

Hmmm... interesting point. Well I know that the Greek version of dragon is drakon or deviations of that. Which means a water snake or water serpent. So that doesn't differ to much on our current interpretations and definitions, besides maybe the water part.

Unless of course you know of any older definitions of the word... any chance you can work your etymological magic on dragon?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No? Care to elaborate?

Unless you're referring to 'the will of Allah' in some divine dictatorial form?

reply to post by one4all

Interesting post. So in summary, you are saying that there are royal bloodlines from the ancient Sumerians which grew to include the likes of Anne Boleyn and todays royals? I have to be honest with you and say that i don't buy into those things, but im open to being proved wrong.

Cheers for the insightful post though, i agreed with you on some parts.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Did they use Limestone as did the egyptions with the sphinx and other monuments?

Did they use this on their buildings just curious?

It is said that areas with a lot of Limestone Paranormal activity tends to be higher.

Along with magnetite and Quartz.

Areas that are charged with a higher conductivity, I am thinking is probably less painfull for these types of being to be in. The vibrations on Earth aren't always that appealing to otherworldy types just certain locations.

Just like Native Americans tend to put their reservations on powerspots. Or at least something that I have noticed. It's probably a Shaman thing.

I bet ya those Summerians worked with principles of Energy quite a bit, and they would feel for the areas with their bodies for high energy points or points of balance. To suspend the gravitational field I would look for an area with a higher electromagnetic grid.

When trying to bring something that is outside in, you would want to make the area as appealing as possible.

Just like drawing in energy in certain points.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by menguard]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A bloodline royal or not SIMPLY REFERS TO THE FACT THAT THERE WAS PLANNING PUT INTO THE GENEIC MAKUP OF THE FAMILY MEMBERS INSURING SOLID STOCK IN THE FUTURE,THATS ALL.

Look at a purebred dog and look at a mutt,look with your eyes not your heart ,the answer is inescapable,with genetic manipulation you sacrifice diversity for stability.

That simple.

And yes I believe there are dog breeds as old as humanitys recorded history that are still considered purebred today,its all a matter of effort and degree.

Yes ,I believe that it is possible to continue identifying SPECIFIC desirable genetic positive traits from one SPECIFIC donor ROYAL FAMILY and add it to chosen or paying family lines in order that they be bolstered or enhanced,the Hutterites do it all the time where I come from,I have turned down the opportunity personally.No kidding.

I personally believe that our diversity is our strength,but then again I also think the bible tells us to stay away from GOD [the guy throwing all the technology around and helping his little club win all its battles]because of the things he does to people who dont follow him,some of us call this bullying.The only difference between gods people and everyone else was TECHNOLOGY and tricks.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join