It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Interesting. Yes i'm very well aware of Yahweh and Jehovah.

With the etymology of LIL you just posted, it got me thinking. What are you're thoughts on the meaning and origins of AL-AH in the Koran? Could there be similar etymological foundations?

Here's just something i found to iterate my question:

Webster’s Dictionary gives the definition and etymology of Allah as follows. Allah is the Muslim name for "the God." Allah is derived from two words "al," which means "the" and "ilah," which is related to the feminine Hebrew word for God, "eloah."

Now the Hebrew title or name for God is 'Elohim' and it is the plural form of eloah. It is made plural by adding "im," which is masculine. This corresponds to adding "s" to make a word plural in English. So the commonality between Allah and Elohim is "eloah" and "ilah."

According the Huston Smith’s book The World’s Religions (p. 222), it states: "Allah is formed by joining the definite article al meaning ‘the’ with Ilah (God). Literally, Allah means ‘The God.’ … When the masculine plural ending im is dropped from the Hebrew word for God, Elohim, the two words sound much alike." Eloah (Hebrew feminine) is similar to Ilah (God). Both Elohim and Allah are titles and not names.

www.plim.org...

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I noted a few errors, however. For example, the earliest writing was almost certainly the Chines, not the Sumerians. In fact, the Chinese developed writing 1000 years or more before the Sumerians did...

From Your Wiki Link.

According to legend, Chinese characters were invented by Cangjie (c. 2650 BC), a bureaucrat under the legendary emperor, Huangdi.

Wiki on Cuneiform origin.

The cuneiform writing system was in use for more than 30 centuries, as the world's first system through several stages of evolution, from the 34th century BC down to the 1st century AD

Cuneiform writing is said to have evolved from clay tokens that were used for some form of record-keeping in Mesopotamia since as early as 8,000 BC.

Originally posted by chiron613
I have to object to the comparison of the DNA helix to the caduceus. They are not the same; they are not even similar. The DNA helix involves two strands making a helix (3-D spiral). The two strands always go in the same direction. They either both twist clockwise, or they both twist counterclockwise. The caduceus serpents always twine or twist in opposite directions. One serpent twists clockwise, the other counterclockwise. That's not a trivial distinction. There's no way to turn one of those helices into the other, without taking off one of the serpents and making him wind around in the same direction as his buddy.

This is an interesting point. I have been attempting to understand the origin of angular motion, e.g. planetary/galactic rotations and biological growth formation, and the direction of these rotational motions are crucial. The symbol of the two snakes entwined around a winged cross never seemed quite right to me, now I know why.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

yeah, i included AL in there because before it meant "The" ? it was used in other god words like BA'AL, which is also B'EL.

and the really obvious one for connecting IL to EL,
BAB-ILU (which see) = BAB-EL

[edit on 30-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

What is the significance of the period in AD.AM ? I think I saw you use it in another name too, just wondering...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Great post.

Very interesting to read into these topics.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

he/she used it in ED.EN but i think it was E.DIN, not ED.EN. the language changed after babel ya know, so the IN became EN.
not sure why E. means house/temple
eden was the babylonian spelling. earlier (akkadian) spelling is edinu. which would be expressed E.DINU
here's the sumerian dictionary's explanation:
psd.museum.upenn.edu...
they believe it corresponds with nippur, which i tend to agree with. nippur was enlil's city of nibru, which was further up the euphrates from enki's city of eridu. it was also on the steppes so that's a better fit than eridu which was in an arid plain, that had to be irrigated.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I have seen somewhere that the pineal gland sports a structure of rods and cones not unlike the human eye within its interior pointing towards the center. In speculation, what if this turns out to be the seat of dreams?

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Lovely, a perfect summarization of my own thoughts^^

i wish i had the patience and time to post my own thoughts and work though =3

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Great Read, here is some thing for you all .....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ad51d8c2f7d6.jpg[/atsimg]

Look at this, here you see the 'Discennected E' talked about in the Norwegian Politician Warning letter..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd07b21356be.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d8cc9b4614c.jpg[/atsimg]

Pictures are taken from this Forum site ...
God Is An Annunaki And Came From Planet X Or "Nibiru".

THE ELOHEEMS ANUNNAQIS

Among The Anunnaqi THE ANUNNAQI ELOHEEM are those beings who were sent down to the Planet Qi (Earth), known to you as angels. The word Anunnaqi means "those who ANU sent from heaven to Earth." They are called NETERU, meaning "guardians" by the Egyptians. The Anunnaqi Eloheem are the "mighty ones." In Ashuric/Syraic (Arabic) the "mighty ones" are referred to as Jabbariyns. In Aramic (Hebrew) the "mighty ones" are referred to as Gibboreem.The very elite among the Anunnaqi are called the DINNEER, or the DINGIR, meaning "the righteous, or divine ones of the rocket ship," or ILU, meaning "the lofty ones" in Akkadian.The Anunnaqi, Eloheem, were acting as intermediaries between Earth and NIBIRU. They came to the planet Earth in order to find gold and other resources, to take back to their planet which is the 8th planet—Rizq, of the 19th galaxy called Illyuwn meaning "on high," which was on its way to destruction due to constant rays from the three suns UTU, APSU, and SHAMASH.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Right. When you turn one upside down on the former (perpendicular to axis) it then criss-crosses, like lacing a sandal. The single rotation (parallel to axis) can be seen as a criss-cross in three dimensions instead of two (for 180 deg.)

I think the single rotation double helix can behave like a transmission line without LC properties. This is very interesting for study.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

im not sure about the photos of the anunnaki. if i'm not mistaken, at least half of them are reptilian.

the second film misses the big point of the temple of solomon
it's a blueprint of the human body. the holy of holies was the head,
and the ark was the third eye, the one that is supposed to be activated by your spiritual side when you pray, meditate, astral project, have dreams, visions, and out of body experiences. it's a literal precursor of a later version in whcih the spirit is no longer housed in the temple but in the believer. and of course, the part of us that lives forever is our spirit. i think it was based on the gate of god concept.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by serbsta

yeah, i included AL in there because before it meant "The" ? it was used in other god words like BA'AL, which is also B'EL.

and the really obvious one for connecting IL to EL,
BAB-ILU (which see) = BAB-EL

So it's safe to say that most, if not all mythologies from the Fertile Cresscent originated from only a couple of words/God's?

You've got the common ones:
EL
IL
AN
AH

From which you can establish many names that were discussed in later texts, such as the Hewbrew Bible. What does this say to you? To me personally, it tell's me that these people have been aware of past mythologies and have simply adapted names slightly to suite evolving languages.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxxrocks
With reference to the statement made in the OP: "Again I stress the importance of names and their purpose."

Of course, we're told it's because Mars was the ascending planet at the time Cairo was settled, but I doubt it.

Although its off-topic, you got me interested. Can you source where you got this, because im failing to find anything other than the fact that Arabaic misr or missruh is the word for Egypt, no relationship to Mars whatsoever.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Not knowing proper punctuation just make's you look dum.

The word is dumb. As for punctation, "make's" neither posesses "you" nor contracts "make is", therefore, your apostrophe is misguided and inappropriate, the word should be, "makes." Your sentence should read: Not knowing proper punctuation makes you look dumb. However, I disagree, the posters punctuation did not make me, the reader, of the interpretation or assumption that they were dumb, however, your response has given me pause to not only correct you, but also, to consider your own credentials.

[edit on 30-10-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by maryjk_99

God gave man everything that is good to eat, gave him dominion over all creation, gave man his own free will, and in fact God walked with man. He forbade one thing. If man could not obey even this one little thing, how could God trust him in the bigger things?

You're assuming that the things which GOD gave man were things in man's interest to have and that which was forbidden was not in man's interest to have. I don't recall making GOD, you, or anyone else my elected voice of reason to make such a decision on my behalf.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Umm, well, the serpent did not lie, God did, let's not forget that upon eating the fruit- I don't recall the bible ever saying it was an apple or any other physical fruit- neither she nor Adam keeled over and died. They did eventually die, certainly, but the bible is silent as to whether that would have occured without partaking of this forbidden fruit. It never stated or implied they were immortal. We'll not be putting in words where there are none. The words state eat and you will die, they ate and they did not die, one point for the serpent and a penalty deucted from God for lying.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhyberDragon

Umm, well, the serpent did not lie, God did, let's not forget that upon eating the fruit- I don't recall the bible ever saying it was an apple or any other physical fruit- neither she nor Adam keeled over and died. They did eventually die, certainly, but the bible is silent as to whether that would have occured without partaking of this forbidden fruit. It never stated or implied they were immortal. We'll not be putting in words where there are none. The words state eat and you will die, they ate and they did not die, one point for the serpent and a penalty deucted from God for lying.

I think it was talking about spiritual death, or the breaking of the connection and trust with the God of the OT. But if we put into Sumerian perspective, we could assume that there was more than one God, which is most likely the case in the OT and that they only 'died' for one God (Enlil) after Enki had given them forbidden knowledge.

Food for thought, no pun intended.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfruit
Correct me If I'm wrong but the Sumerian's didn't just appear out of no where. There are other cultures that pre date them.

• 5500 BC and 2750 BC Cucuteni-Trypillian culture - Agriculture, Domestic Animals, Cereal Crops
  • 6500–5500 B.C. Halaf Culture - Settled farming society, Fine Pottery/Jewellery

Then you have the Tartaria tablets which pre date Sumer/Sumerian script/text by 1000 yrs.

civilization is a lot older than previously thought, but we just have to keep on doing research and keeping an open mind.

I'm just curious why noone ever discusses Nepal, Tibet which not only predated Ur by some 4000 years but is the only ancient civilization to still exist through to modern times. What does their history say? I'll bet it's more accurate. And I'll believe these are made up stories when someone proves they are made up stories. They lacked education but had amazing literary skills. Not likely that they would get their stories confused with their facts. Kids make up stories all the time but as adults they know them for what they are and I'm guessing it wasn't children who wrote these things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join