It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancients Series | Part I: Sumerians

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well there you go. Undo, your genius has just showed another similarity. In fact, Egyptian creation centers around a primordial water, and the demiurge which created humans from here via his semen. There are some similarities with this initial chaotic state of the Earth with Egyptian mythology, but I'll leave that for another thread.

Here, something interesting. Check out the two hieroglyphs that are used to represent Ptah in the top right. Notice our little friend the double helix?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a80f10f94fef.jpg[/atsimg]

Hmm...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

very interesting.

I spent my weekend watching Startgate SG-1 on HULU.com

Egyptian is fascinating, unfortunately their symbology makes trying to follow them very difficult. Do you know what the Double Helix symbol means in egyptian?

edit to add

heres a fun link for ya
www.subtleenergies.com...

www.netscientia.com... (i didnt check the validity of this one)

also maybe this link will do you some good

www.forumgarden.com...

[edit on 9-11-2009 by rjmelter]

[edit on 9-11-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

i'm no genius. just obsessive-compulsive.

if'n you're gonna find out, might as well look at all of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Aha! That reminded me of that vortex experiment on a pyramid shape using a Tesla coil.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/79afd1a1463e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/468c63236530.jpg[/atsimg]

Our friend the spiral, is just everywhere isn't he.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

You know, I know a lot of people that would be very interested in that picture. Perhaps these pyramids are connectors, in an electrical psionic sort of way. Reality is what our senses perceive, and no other fundamental foundation exists which we can rely upon. Certainly a thing which defies observation cannot be submitted to measurement.

These people, the ancients, had to have a very strong faith. It is written in the Bible that long ago God dwelled in the habitable parts of the Earth with man. I have always wondered at the meaning, whether literal or metaphorical. It is a great puzzle.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

It is interesting and i agree, they would have to have had a lot of faith. But in some cultures it might have been forced down their throat, so for some cultures, it should be more appropriately stated as pharoah's/kings narcissism than faith.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
diĝir [DEITY] (1837x: ED IIIb, Old Akkadian, Lagash II, Ur III, Early Old Babylonian, Old Babylonian) wr. diĝir; dim3-me-er; dim3-me8-er; dim3-mi-ir; di-me2-er "deity, god, goddess" Akk. iltu; ilu

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57f8f426169a.png[/atsimg]

source
psd.museum.upenn.edu...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

I remember reading a theory that the Great Pyramid had a gold cap on it, gold is an excellent conductor of electricity. This brings up another question, Why is gold considered to be valuable? Today it is used for electronics by why has it been sought after for so many centuries?

Matyas,
doesn't the double helix in the Tesla coil experiment look like Birkeland currents?

Birkeland currents are also one of a class of plasma phenomena called a z-pinch, so named because the azimuthal magnetic fields produced by the current pinches the current into a filamentary cable. This can also twist, producing a helical pinch that spirals like a twisted or braided rope, and this most closely corresponds to a Birkeland current.
Source-Wiki.

My understanding of these filamentary twisting lines is that they can be found in things like; Lightning, Aurora Borealis, Ion comet tails, Venus (in fact plasma currents from Venus' comet tail reach Earth, 25 million miles, during a Venus transit) and anywhere there is an electric current in a magnetic field including our bodies and our DNA.

I don't understand why but I am beginning to think that the reason we have forgotten all of this (We are the civilization that lost their memory) has to do with electricity in this way. Whatever this is it is the reason we lost our memory and is the way to get it back.

Maya myths tell of four previous ages of man or civilizations that were destroyed in global catastrophes and we are the fifth, the ones that lost their memories.

Originally posted by Matyas
Reality is what our senses perceive, and no other fundamental foundation exists which we can rely upon. Certainly a thing which defies observation cannot be submitted to measurement.

Yet this can be measured. "I think, therefore I am", is the one fundamental foundation in which we can rely upon.

It is being pointed out that we can observe these electrical phenomena and therefore they are measurable. The main problem, as I'm sure you're aware of, is the dismissal of an Electric Universe theory. In other words, the academic paradigm refuses to admit that there is a cosmic electrical energy. We have forgotten all of this and now is the time that we are beginning to remember.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Let's not forget the oracles. In certain cases they were mightier than kings.

reply to post by undo

That is one of the reasons I like you so much, you know how to touch off the chills. But a poster summed it up beautifully, (intelligent/advanced) life is annoyingly aware of how rare it is, and thus would find it in its nature to refrain from destroying others over petty issues.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

diĝir [DEITY] (1837x: ED IIIb, Old Akkadian, Lagash II, Ur III, Early Old Babylonian, Old Babylonian) wr. diĝir; dim3-me-er; dim3-me8-er; dim3-mi-ir; di-me2-er "deity, god, goddess" Akk. iltu; ilu

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/57f8f426169a.png[/atsimg]

source
psd.museum.upenn.edu...

The digir!

Why are you posting the Stargate video though, are you trying to point out the similar shape of the spaceship?

I couldn't understand why the digir was a symbol of divinity while researching, i kept looking at it and found it made no sense. Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino...Why is gold considered to be valuable? Today it is used for electronics by why has it been sought after for so many centuries?

Marketing. Just like diamonds, it wasn't everywhere of great import until someone created a market by altering perceptual value. It is an easy enough operation, demonstratable by the genius mind of Kelly the bottlenose dolphin.

doesn't the double helix in the Tesla coil experiment look like Birkeland currents?

Disturbingly so. More than unsettling.

Whatever this is it is the reason we lost our memory and is the way to get it back.

Um, be careful what you wish for, because...we may have wanted to forget. I suspect as much for Disclosure. There is some deep dark secret which rubs our minds mad with imaginings.

we are the fifth, the ones that lost their memories.

You mean, lost their minds, right?

"I think, therefore I am", is the one fundamental foundation in which we can rely upon.

That is intuition, correct? Not considered one of the senses, but heavily relied upon by greater minds.

...the academic paradigm refuses to admit that there is a cosmic electrical energy. We have forgotten all of this and now is the time that we are beginning to remember.

There is some type of huge psychic blockage. We as a race could be afraid of our own potential. It means we would have to be responsible for creation.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

quite similar to this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/7d11c167d0edd9b3.png[/atsimg]

ilu is from digir
the first name for tower of babel was ka.digir.ra or ka.dingir.ra
which is later translated, babilu
and yet later, babel.

yet another example of a deified building, in this case, the deified e.abzu
which in the tv show stargate atlantis, is a city that comes up from the abyss
and yet has an abyss (water gate) inside it
/// and per the previous video, had been submerged at one point, to protect it from an invading fleet (kinda jiving with the whole atlantis sunk thing)

also, it ties in the concept that there's a heavenly city at the other end of a wormhole journey to "paradise" (top of mt. sumeru). well, let's say that city is IN SPACE, a space ship so massive, it's city sized or even a massive space station.

i dunno but something's there. the ends are starting to connect rapidly

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

reply to post by serbsta

i dunno but something's there. the ends are starting to connect rapidly

Hmm... indeed. I would love to try and help you do the connecting, buy your level of knowledge on this subject is far beyond mine. Tell me though, in relation to your theories surrounding e.abzu's, etc, what is your current stance on it? Generally speaking, what is your current theory on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
addendum:
further question is, if enki buried the abzu under the e.abzu, does that mean it's portable?
this suggests moveable devices.
and did he do so because the abzus were dangerous? of course! what was about to come out of the kingu abzu? a somewhat twisted marduk inspired version, excerpted from the enuma elish:

And Tiamat harkened unto the word of the bright god, and said: ... shalt thou entrust! let us wage war!" ... the gods in the midst of... ... for the gods did she create.

They banded themselves together and at the side of Tiamat they advanced;

They were furious; they devised mischief without resting night and day.

They prepared for battle, fuming and raging;

They joined their forces and made war, Ummu-Hubur [Tiamat] who formed all things, Made in addition weapons invincible; she spawned monster-serpents, Sharp of tooth, and merciless of fang;

With poison, instead of blood, she filled their bodies. Fierce monster-vipers she clothed with terror, With splendor she decked them, she made them of lofty stature. Whoever beheld them, terror overcame him,

Their bodies reared up and none could withstand their attack.

She set up vipers and dragons, and the monster Lahamu, And hurricanes, and raging hounds, and scorpion-men, And mighty tempests, and fish-men, and rams;

They bore cruel weapons, without fear of the fight.

Her commands were mighty, none could resist them;

After this fashion, huge of stature, she made eleven [kinds of] monsters.

Among the gods who were her sons, inasmuch as he had given her support, She exalted Kingu; in their midst she raised him to power.

To march before the forces, to lead the host, To give the battle-signal, to advance to the attack, To direct the battle, to control the fight,

Unto him she entrusted; in costly raiment she made him sit, saying: I have uttered thy spell, in the assembly of the gods I have raised thee to power.

www.sacred-texts.com...

sounds crazy but i'm thinking that it's not so much crazy as it is just hard to describe with the knowledge available at the time of translation. it's always been about that gap between knowledge during translation and what the texts may actually have been trying to say.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
they keep fictionalizing this stuff but perchance the story is trying to tell us about more than simply fiction, but rather other lifeforms in the universe who are at war with one another, and we being ultimately less advanced (but apparently catching up rapidly), have been historically stuck in the middle of their wars.

here's another "fictionalized" version that matches the description of the things coming out of tiamat -- particularly the ones that had poison for blood and so on: (you should read up on the premise of this film)

this excerpt is really quite interesting because it ties in ancient earth history

now i'm not saying these are true stories, but what i am saying is that it could be our history is alot stranger than we may have originally believed.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
for your perusal, from wikipedia entry describing the film:

In 2004, a satellite detects a mysterious heat bloom beneath Bouvetøya, an island about one thousand miles north of Antarctica. Wealthy industrialist Charles Bishop Weyland (Lance Henriksen) assembles a team of scientists to investigate the heat source and claim it for his multinational communications company Weyland Industries. The team includes paleontologists, archaeologists, linguistic experts, drillers, mercenaries, and a guide named Alexa Woods (Sanaa Lathan).

As a Predator ship reaches Earth's orbit, it blasts a shaft through the ice towards the source of the heat bloom. When the humans arrive at the site above the heat source, an abandoned whaling station, they find the shaft and descend beneath the ice. They discover a mysterious pyramid and begin to explore it, finding evidence of a civilization predating written history and what appears to be a sacrificial chamber filled with human skeletons with ruptured rib cages.

Meanwhile, three Predators land and kill the humans on the surface, making their way down to the pyramid and arriving just as the team unwittingly powers up the structure. An Alien queen awakens from cryogenic stasis and begins to produce eggs, from which facehuggers hatch and attach to several humans trapped in the sacrificial chamber. Chestbursters emerge from the humans and quickly grow into adult Aliens. Conflicts erupt between the Predators, Aliens, and humans, resulting in several deaths. Unbeknownst to the others, a Predator is implanted with an Alien embryo.

Through translation of the pyramid's hieroglyphs the explorers learn that the Predators have been visiting Earth for thousands of years. It was they who taught early human civilizations how to build pyramids, and were worshipped as gods. Every 100 years they would visit Earth to take part in a rite of passage in which several humans would sacrifice themselves as hosts for the Aliens, creating the "ultimate prey" for the Predators to hunt. If overwhelmed, the Predators would activate their self-destruct weapons to eliminate the Aliens and themselves. The explorers deduce that this is why the current Predators are at the pyramid, and that the heat bloom was to attract humans for the purpose of making new Aliens to hunt.

The remaining humans decide that the Predators must be allowed to succeed in their hunt so the Aliens do not reach the surface. As the battle continues most of the characters are killed, leaving only Alexa and a single Predator to fight against the Aliens. The two form an alliance and use the Predator’s self-destruct device to destroy the pyramid and the remaining Aliens. Alexa and the Predator reach the surface, where they battle the escaped Alien queen. They defeat the queen by attaching its chain to a water tower and pushing it over a cliff into the water, dragging the queen to the ocean floor. The Predator, however, dies from its wounds.

A Predator ship uncloaks and several Predators appear. They collect their fallen comrade and present Alexa with one of their spear weapons in recognition of her skill as a warrior. As they retreat into space, a chestburster erupts from the dead Predator. It appears to be an Alien/Predator hybrid with the characteristic mandibles of both creatures.

tiny.cc...

it's interesting that the predators are "hunters", tying the concept into the nimrod theme.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undoalso, it ties in the concept that there's a heavenly city at the other end of a wormhole journey to "paradise" (top of mt. sumeru). well, let's say that city is IN SPACE, a space ship so massive, it's city sized or even a massive space station.

Yes. It is Cosmopolis, the city of the Cosmos to the Stoics. Also known as the City of God, New Jerusalem, etc. It is the mirror of the Necropolis, the City of the Dead. They coexist as the World Tree. Time flows upwards.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Matyas

oh that's interesting. will research it.
those words both sound very latin though. where do they derive from originally?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Matyas

oh that's interesting. will research it.
those words both sound very latin though. where do they derive from originally?

I think its Greek actually. Cosmos meaning the 'universe' and polis which means city.

Ill read up on your earlier posts undo once i get time.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

oh that's even more interesting. universe city. .....university.

heh heh heh

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join