It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallica puts up $50,000 reward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
For any information leading to the where abouts of Morgan Harrington.

As an addition to the familys $100,000 reward already posted.

reward $150,000 cash

MORGAN DANA HARRINGTON is 20 yrs of age

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/323dda927b5a.jpg[/atsimg]

Blonde hair, blue eyes HT 5'6" 120 lbs

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8de5fcc31ca3.jpg[/atsimg]

www.findMorgan.com /24 hr tip line 434-352-3467/ crime stoppers 434=977-4000

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/daad1ba87d5b.jpg[/atsimg]

Metallica
We are deeply concerned about the disappearance
of 20 yr old Virginia tech student Morgan Dana Harrington,
who was last seen while attending our concert at the John
Paul Jones Arena in Charlottesville, VA on Saturday night.

Ost.17

Metallica.com
The parents of this 20 yr old college student who disappeared while attending a Metallica concert say they aren't kidding themselves. Even as they cling to hope she'll return to them unharmed, they admit the most likely explanation she's missing involves foul play.
"nothing else makes sense" Morgans mother, Gil Harrington told todays Meredith
Vieira tuesday from her Virginia home.
The blonde haired blue eyed young woman went to the concert on saturday Oct 17.
At 8:40 she called friends in the arena at the University of Virginia to say she had gone to the bathroom and ended up outside the building with out her ticket stub.
She said she couldn't get back in but told them not to worry she would find a ride home on her own.
"Then she vanishes from sight, which is scary for us as parents," Gil Harrington
said." Also halloween is in a couple of days. Somebody is or was in Charlottesville
who takes young women. We have to keep working on this to find our daughter and to find this person and make our community safer".
Young adults sometimes disappear intentionally, but the Harringtons were uncommonly close to their daughter. A student at Virginia tech, about 35 miles
from her parents, she talked to her Father everyday and trusted him with her computer passwords and a key to her apartment. She also spoke with her mother daily and frequently returned home to visit.
While i can't even imagine what her parents are going thru.
I can say how much I hate this kind of thing.
It makes my insides hurt to know someone took her.
Maybe get some prayers or well wishes for Morgans safe return out of my fellow members.
God I know this sucks but maybe the more people are made aware, well you know.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
This is a sad state of affairs! IT's too bad that now, rock n roll listeners will now be associated with vandals and hoodlums... Wait a tick... We were already.

I'm not much of a praying man, but My thoughts go out to the family and cling to the hope of a better mortality that she is alive and that she will be rescued.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Huh, too bad all the other millions of missing people accumulated over time, couldn't be so fortunate to of been at the right place, to have a money power being help them out.

She's got lucky, of course I hope they find her, I just think of all the others, who no one really cared a damn about. None the less to put up an award for the find.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

She's got lucky, of course I hope they find her, I just think of all the others, who no one really cared a damn about. None the less to put up an award for the find.

What's up 08?
That's exactly why I posted this. Maybe this is how people start to care.
I know I do. I wish I had some kind of gift that would tell me where she is.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Republican08

What's up 08?
That's exactly why I posted this. Maybe this is how people start to care.
I know I do. I wish I had some kind of gift that would tell me where she is.

Oops, didn't mean to put you on a 'accidental' blast

We can't receive tomorrows newspaper, although I wish we could

Just wish people would care about the ones that weren't 'popular'.

Not to be a promoter of sorts, but I made a thread about a missing child, and someone else had done the same, and around the same age group and everything, the one I posted was dropped shortly, and the other was bumped to almost top flagged thread.

Guess the race of the child....

I'd just wish, people would become more concerned with 'missing persons'.

I for one, think selfishly, I for god hope internet sites, such as this, will post blogs, telling people to look for me, regardless of my race, which band is promoting it, just that i'm a citizen a brother, a son, a person.

For those who haven't set up an amber alert on your phone, it's not a big inconvienence, if it is, you're a sad person.

Just keep a look out, and don't be afraid to make someones life better.

Don't be that person, that watches 6 people gangbang a 15 year old.

We all got to look out for each other, if you don't look out for your race, who is going to look after you? (Human race, fk black white asian hispanic and whatever. Speaking "HUMAN RACE") (Since I doubt pandas are the culprits).

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Dude: $50 or $50,000? You seem to have periods instead of commas.
I'm guessing $50,000 because there are 3 0's at the end.

Anyway, if it is indeed 50 G's from Metallica, that awfully nice of them to do that.

...But if it's only $50, than wow...

$50,000 it HAS to be! Right???

Grammar edit. Tired - thanks to dudes literally jackhammering starting at 7:30 am!!!!

[edit on 10/29/2009 by impaired]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

You know if the difference between a cama and a period mean that much to you that you can't perceive fifty bucks from fifty thousand then what
does that say for an edumacation. live with it pal ok. I'm not changin it, copy?
Are you happy now?
You need to let me know how happy that makes you partner.
I mean you better be breaking out the cake and ice cream on
nissan here.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I apologise to the Mods for going all off topic.
Here is a timeline of her disappearance.

During the press conference, police did not field questions from reporters. However, they detailed the timeline exhaustively instead. Between 8:20 and 8:48 PM, someone matching Harrington's description was seen outside the arena's parking lot by the ticket office. She called friends inside the arena at that time and tried to figure out a way back in. She told her friends she'd get a ride home from friends around Charlottesville

From 8:48 to 9 PM, Harrington was still seen around the arena, but police say they have no indication she re-entered the building. About 10 minutes later, someone matching Harrington's description was seen walking through the University Hall parking lot. She was alone, but there were other people walking in the same direction

Between 9:10 and 9:20 PM, someone who looks like Harrington was seen in the Lannigan Field parking area near the college's track. The lot is used for overflow parking, and the woman is said to have had limited interactions with people who were at the parking area. At 9:20 PM, witnesses thought Harrington left the area

The person matching Harrington's description was spotted 10 minutes later on the Copeley Road Bridge near Ivy Road. She was last seen near the intersection of Copeley Road and Ivy Road. Police admit they still need more detail -- no matter how small -- from anyone who may have seen Harrington after she left the arena. They're hoping to put together a mosaic of her movements during that 70-minute period, and they hope this will provide more insight into what may have happened to Harrington and extend it from the point where they can last pinpoint her whereabouts

I'd just wish, people would become more concerned with 'missing persons'.

I don't think the Govt. is at all interested in stopping this kind of thing.
If they were the sex offender data base wouldn't be any where near as populated as it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

I'm not much of a praying man, but My thoughts go out to the family and cling to the hope of a better mortality that she is alive and that she will be rescued.

I was hoping to just get the word out on this forum.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Metallica is awesome for the contribution,They could have said .sorry about your luck. And i dont think it will hang a black cloud over the minds of concert goers. Most importantly I pray the family gets closure of the best kind ,I have a daughter close to that age , I couldnt imagine, My prayers go out to the family and to you Randyvs for posting this .

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Metallica is awesome for the contribution,They could have said .sorry about your luck. And i dont think it will hang a black cloud over the minds of concert goers. Most importantly I pray the family gets closure of the best kind ,I have a daughter close to that age , I couldnt imagine, My prayers go out to the family and to you Randyvs for posting this .

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Jkd Up

I was hoping to just get the word out on this forum.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by randyvs]

Praying is the same as sending out your thoughts. They don't have to be addressed to God. I will be sending out my thoughts as well.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey, randyvs , since im still learning to navigate through this site, Just wanted to make sure i reply to the right post, Let us know if there is a follow up on this . want to give credit where it is due..... Im still at the overwhelmed stage , in a good way .

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by femmefreud

Well sadly the follow up to this thread is the grimest of outcomes.

Dana I'm sure you are missed.
edit on 27-12-2010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Update

You are now armed with knowledge to recieve this reward. If you know anyone who looks like this guy and was in that area at the time of Dana's disappearance I urge you to call the tip line and help law enforcement get another killer of the streets. You may even get to meet Metallica.

posted on Oct, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I just wanted to update this story for those who followed.

And make note of how close the composite was for consideration.

new topics

top topics

join