It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe the US doesn't have highest divorce rates!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I thought this article was interesting. The world is a changing that's for sure. I took my marriage vows committed to one woman and one woman only. I have faith and I hope and I believe I'm strong enough to honor those vows. Time will tell. I don't know what to think about this changing tide of monogamy that is taking root in 21st century society. I know there have been a few threads here on ATS about swinging etc. I voice my opinion fairly harshly in some of them. I though it was interesting what the article said about the French and their attitude about cheating and divorce. Maybe there is so much divorce in America because people view cheating so differently. Seems like the French are more accepting of it so the would less likely divorce.

I have no problem with swingers, etc. Polyamory etc. But why this sudden change of heart in saying that humans aren't capable of monogamy? Are we not capable of repressing our other human urges? I mean is it too much to expect us humans not to kill another, not to rape, not to drive a car with our feet or cuss loudly at others? I know our culture and the world is and always has been obsessed with sex but my god there is a helluva a lot more to a marriage than "being" in love and having sex. Love is also about loving someone for who they are not just how they make you feel. I'm just sad, I feel disillusioned about marriage these days and all the things I thought were "normal". I love my wife and we have a healthy wonderful marriage that is far from perfect. I see women on a daily basis who I would love to bang but........some days I want to kill my boss as well.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Yes, indeedy, what ever happened to monogamy? What ever happened to self-control? The ability to keep your knickers on and just walk away from a situation that violates your marriage vows? If someone of either gender is unwilling to keep faith with their spouse, why marry at all?

join