It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone or anything accurately predict future events?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Or is it all a lie? Another question of some importance. What kind of predictions are the "little people" entitled to?

What can you expect for free?

Before you say it is impossible to predict things, remember what you paid for the predictions you have heard/read.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well so far most predictions are false. Some are ball-parking it but majority are out there, way out there. Like Y2K.

I predict that as of tomorrow, people will be dieing everyday, forever!!!!

Wait that happens everyday.

To answer your question, all I can say is go with the flow and enjoy the view, because all we have is this (you can't tell but I'm pointing at Earth).

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

remember what you paid for the predictions you have heard/read.

About a buck

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
My wife can sometimes predict the future, she just started developing this talent and sadly it is never on anything important. She doesn't really predict it but she has visions of things that will happen and then they do. She couldn't really tell you when or why but it just happens sometimes.

No I don't really have proof of this but my reply would be yes that some people can.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
You can also make educated guesses about future events based on past experiences. Like the above poster stated people will die.

I've always seen the future as a many threaded line, all choices and influence diverge it. So to predict it would require the knowledge of all input. Therefore no i don't believe a person can predict an exact outcome. You can however predict vague uncertainties that would have little relevance on the world as a whole.

I once dreamed I was at a laundry-mat talking to someone I had never met before. This did happen 3 months later.

I do however believe that we as a whole species share a common field, and some can tap into this.

That said I will predict an earthquake in california in the next month.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I believe there have been a few true "seers" along the years - I think that Edgar Cayce (who never charged a dime and lived and died a poor man) may have been as close as any to a person who can accurately predict the future.

HOWEVER, since time is not entirely linear and an infinite number of possible futures exist from each decision made, I believe it is impossible to completely predict "our future", since "our future" changes moment by moment.

One of Edgar Cayce's failed predictions was the discovery of the Hall of Records which, to my knowledge, has not yet occured - at least not in this version of our universe. (Maybe in others - who knows! Maybe if Zahi Hawass is not the Director of AllThingsEgypt, our Egypt discoveries might have taken a different course.)

Do I think its possible? Sort of. Do I think its dependable and practical? Definitely not.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe it's a genuine phenomenon; some people do have the ability. Unfortunately, it seems that few of the genuine people are able to "have visions of the future" at will. Also, what such people can see is often very trivial.

Also, unfortunately, there are hordes of charlatans out there (and they don't always write in Ye Olde English).

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

total newbie,

You should really go and see OzWeatherman, i'll bet you he can give you a pretty good prediction of the weather for the next coming days!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Your in luck !
I am going to predict the next president , Arnold Swartzenager .

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
But, as others have shared, I, too, have seen bits and pieces of the future. I have had a few dreams along the way that ended up coming to fruition as I had dreamed. Many of my other dreams, however, turned into nothing.

Was it prediction or just coincidence? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Of course I have no proof of this, but my dad has proven some scary %*^# about the future. Like some people he had a dream of 9/11 about 2 days before it happened. I 100% believe him because, he told me about it before it happened. He predicted my grandmother will die of a heart attack. 2 months later she died of a heart attack. He also predicted something bad will happen to my mom a little bit after my grandma died, he said something along a heart attack or stroke. Once again he got it right, my mom had a heart attack 3 months after and thank god she survived. He also predicted something bad will happen to my uncle. As of right now he is really busted up with his knees, and is getting sicker by the day, so who knows. Also his next prediction he said is that something told him to get the swine flu vaccine because the epidemic, is going to be huge. He also said though that could just be from paranoia from the media. So who knows. From personal experience I believe in predictions that are totally random. I hope this helps in some way

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Approximately $40/day.

That's the cost of 1/8 oz of weed (hydro). Smoke that much everyday -- preferably at night before you go to sleep -- for about 3-4 months (or untill you get used to it) and your dreams will predict the future.

I'd say those dreams were 80% accurate.

I'm sure this is what caused it, because I haven't smoked weed in over a year now, and that's precisely how long it's been since I've had a prophetic dream.

[Edit]
Oh yeah, don't forget to inhale - and maybe hold it for a few seconds before you exhale.

[Edit]
BTW, I'm serious!

[edit on 29-10-2009 by sumgai]

[edit on 29-10-2009 by sumgai]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Anyone who pays enough attention to enough things can pretty easily predict the future. For example, about 90% of the US population predicted the TARP money would never reach the middle class and they were right.

It all depends upon what kind of prediction you're looking for, general or personal.

I can predict with accuracy that the swine flu, A/H1N1, will hit a lot more people than most expect it will, with a lot more deaths. I can predict that the economy will be shown to be far worse than Wall Street claims it is, and that proof will come by December, when the holiday sales figures are in. That's an easy call: Wall Street keep forgetting that the almighty Consumer is also that damned pesky employee they just laid off.

I can also predict that next week some of the major news stories will involve flooding along the Mississippi with some levees either breaking or in severe danger of doing so.

If you know enough about any given system, thing or person, you can easily predict future behavior. It really isn't all that difficult. Ask yourself: can you predict the result if your best friend is caught fooling around by their spouse? Or what will happen if your boss finds you with your hand in the till? or what your buddies will be doing next Friday night?

There's an awful lot of things you can predict if you just spend a little time thinking about them.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
While a seer may be shown future trends it will only ever be Possibilities and Probabilities being shown. Then of course we have to add in the seer's own understandings, the clarity or lack of, the use of drugs/alcohol, their own Beliefs, etc, at which point we find that the info may be good but their personal perception is flawed.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I've seen it happen, but it isn't something I've seen on a regular enough basis to prove to anyone that's never seen it and doesn't believe in it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
That's probably one of the best questions anyone's posted for a while...at least for me that is.

All I have to say is "those who say don't know, those who know don't say."
Happy truth hunting my friend!

top topics

join