It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudis drop WTI oil contract

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've been following Reinhardts site for the last couple weeks and he has been indicating a "crash" coming . ( train pics, damaged ship etc)

www.enterprisecorruption.com...

Now he has an Electric Car plugged in.

Any correlation to and oil price issue?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
This is very interesting news to me today, considering that I just finished listening to the latest Lindsey Williams interviews on Youtube. I wonder how this news will effect the plans the "elite" had to inflate the dollar slowly over the next two years. Apparently they did not want to "wake us up" by having it happen too quickly. They only wanted to turn the temperature up slowly so we'd take it.

According to Williams, they weren't planning on world war until two years from now. I wonder if things are spinning out of their control now? I don't like the idea of fast hyperinflation either, but I care more about the long term.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Rockpuck

The way I see it America is on it's knees clutching it's gut from the economic crash that brought us down a peg. Saudi Arabia just walked by and sucker punched us and stole our wallet.

An apt analogy, but how many times will that bully later cut your throat and take your credit cards?

In the end, whichever one of us is right, it is not a good day for the American economy. I wonder just how much more abuse it can take?

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I thought that the Saudies like the Bush's, and some other elite families in America. If what TheRedNeck is true, that our elite families helped them start their oil refineries/production wells all for free for backing their oil with U.S. $. Um those people are still alive, Will they let this happen, or could something really bad come out of this. Also if the Saudies do this then no more jets/military supplies for them. Didnt we just sell them a whole bunch of fighter jets?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Obama will save us. He got a medal and bowed down to the Saudi King. He is their pal. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

I'm sure you live in excess like most gluttonous junkie pigs thirsty for their Ipods, Monday night football and latest and greatest gadgets and widgets no? Most Americans do........I am guilty of it myself and so are you. At least I have the balls to realize it and admit it. Will you?

Well then that's your problem. You reply made me so P.O'd I didn't bother to read the rest of the thread. Believe it or not some people actually live what they preach. Who are you to determine what kind of lifestyle someone lives with out seeing it first hand. TeddiRevolution may or may not live up to your accusations but how are you to know? Talk about ignorance.

Edit to contribute to the thread. We are all sitting around waiting for the dollar to collapse, which I believe will happen soon, I'm just not so sure this is it. I'm prone to believe that it will be an event that happens here on U.S. soil. I could be wrong, since I am basing it on more of a gut feeling than facts.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If the dollar collapses will they shut down the banks and not let us get to our safety deposit boxes, Just wondering? Can they shut down the banks like they did back in WWI? Because I'm goign to the bank to take out all my jewelry if this really is happening.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
uuuummmm.....doesn't the US import the largest chunk of oil from Canada?? (The answer is YES).

www.eia.doe.gov...

Here are the countries that make up OPEC

en.wikipedia.org...

We import from all of them. Canada is not a member. Iran is not in the top 15 countries we import from. The US does produce and refine its own oil as well.

This could be a good thing for the US. It could send us on a path to steer clear of OPEC oil or become less reliant on it, but that's just speculation on my part.

I wonder, with all the happenings in Iran where nuclear weapons/plants are concerned, would this add yet another reason for the US and its allies to attack Iran? (Just a thought).

Threatening the (in)stability of the US economy is a quick way to draw attention to yourself.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by wdkirk]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
If the dollar collapses will they shut down the banks and not let us get to our safety deposit boxes, Just wondering? Can they shut down the banks like they did back in WWI? Because I'm goign to the bank to take out all my jewelry if this really is happening.

Yes, they can do that.

There have also been cases where states seize contents of safety deposit boxes and sell the contents for pennies on the dollar to help balance their budgets.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A weak dollar and a strong dollar. Its a pretty good read.

www.gold-eagle.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
I thought that the Saudies like the Bush's, and some other elite families in America. If what TheRedNeck is true, that our elite families helped them start their oil refineries/production wells all for free for backing their oil with U.S. $. Um those people are still alive, Will they let this happen, or could something really bad come out of this. Also if the Saudies do this then no more jets/military supplies for them. Didnt we just sell them a whole bunch of fighter jets?

Remember, this would not be the first time that citizens of a nation have actually helped their 'adversaries' for profit. And sad to say, the Bush's in particular have done it before as well.

The Military Industrial complex doesn't give a rat's hiney about the eventualities because theirs roots are transnational, like most mega corporations, so they sell as if they were a nation unto themselves. If we can't afford oil, it's not their problem.

But then, I must keep remembering that the 'oil' issue, is a construct. It was the transnational corporatists and the financial cartel that forced the "energy=oil" meme in this country - or we could have been 50% less dependent than we are now (at least) had we pursued the technologies we discovered nearly 50 years ago.

But then, the financial cartel would have had to contend with an unpredictable republic super-power, instead of a consumer serf nation.

In all of this it is the 'tools' that are being exploited, and the tools think 'they' are in a position to 'win' or 'lose' - the truth is, in this kind of game (as they 'play' it) the only winners are the members of the economic cartel that rules the planet. All else is transient, a passing moment, where the cartel allows each of the game pieces a breather now and again to give them the illusion that they have some control over their fate.

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Could you please post without taking God's name in vain?

I quess I better fill up my gas tank while I can!

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

The Saudi's and the Bush's have been friends for a very very long time. If I remember correctly, the name 'Bush' seems to crop up any time one investigates the Rockefellers or Bilderbergs.

But that's not why I responded. The 'energy=oil' equation is.

The depth that this is ingrained into society is literally astounding. Most people simply cannot comprehend the concept of using anything other than gasoline to power a vehicle. It's not that they don't believe it is possible, it is that they cannot even imagine the possibility. Energy exists all around us, in many different forms. Some of these are not adequate to power a 2000 pound vehicle at 60 mph, but many are. The real trick is not to discover these energy sources, but to convince people they exist and can be used.

For an example, a few years back the concept of bio-diesel fuel was introduced. Or was it? I would say it was re-introduced based on the fact that the original diesel engines were designed to run on peanut oil, not refined crude oil. Over time, the expense of peanut (or other vegetable) oils became too expensive and crude oil-based diesel fuel was used instead. That diesel fuel came form oil was so ingrained into people's minds is evident from the fact that so much media attention was focused on informing people that, yes, vegetable oils will work!

The same thing happens with electricity. How many people actually know where electricity comes from? I would have to say precious few. Around me, the electric plants are either coal-fired steam generation or hydroelectric generation... no petroleum plants. (OK, there a couple of nukes as well.) But people still equate oil-based fuels with electrical energy.

The only way we can ever hope to change our dependence on oil is to allow the truth about what energy is and how it can be created for use to come out. The people must understand and acknowledge that oil is not energy; energy can come from a myriad of sources. But to do this, to really get through to the people, will take everyone in the know educating everyone else. We have a long hard row to hoe before us.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I need to update my previous post in this thread. I said the reason we are in the mid-east is for the oil. That's a little too simple. Yes, we are there for the dollar, what ever that entails. As with many things in our government, there are usually more than one reason for things, and I expect there are more than we know for our involvement in themid-east.

I also think the US is positioning themselves in strategic placement for the next battle between Israel and Iran. Look at a world map. The strategic positioning speaks for itself. Folks, I don't think any of this will end soon, or well. Our PTB have chosen to keep us in an arena for dubious reasons. Nation building, hearts and minds of the masses, bringing democracy to the world---please, --how about some nation building at home?? These cro-magnons runing the country need to win the hearts and minds of their own citizens at home before they revolt. If they don't , they will have battles on many fronts. Unfortunately, they don't get it. We are doomed to another Viet-Nam. The PTB never learn from history, but---they never intended to in the first place. Sad---very sad.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I am so glad that I emptied our deposit box at the bank.I was going to
put everything back,but knowing what I know now,no way!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join