It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great 2012 Hoax

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You are "entitled" to believe as you see fit. Your OPINION is founded on the OPINION of a few people without much scientific, historical, biblical and astrological data.

I believe you are in a for a big shock ! Enjoy the ride, if you survive it.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Bravo, OP, Bravo! Such a well thought out, grounded in reality post! Thank you so much - I needed to see this today. I let the fear mongering get to me just a tad bit too much today.

Humans have, for a long time now, led very linear lives. Go to school, go to work, get a partner, never look back. I think 2012 is making a lot of people look backwards into their own lives, and when they see how little they have done they are truly terrified. One step we could take to turn this horrid thought of 2012 being this huge extinction event would be to talk to other peoples on a level such as this, and help them to see their own power.

You do not fear the future if you know you can be along for the ride.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletNyx

Bravo, OP, Bravo! Such a well thought out, grounded in reality post! Thank you so much - I needed to see this today. I let the fear mongering get to me just a tad bit too much today.

Your welcome

Its important that we dont dwell on these prophecies.....the vast majority of them never eventuate, and not one doomsday prophecy in the last 2000 years has even come close

And if you're interested

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
'reply to post by OzWeatherman

If we listen to these horrid prophecies perpetrated by powers that wish to spread fear and discord amoung the masses, in the end we will make them come true by our own panicking. Like yelling "Fire!" when there is nothing to fear.

Sadly, as we fall back on machines more and more and "forget" to use our Reason-orientated minds, and we live more and more boring lives instead of striking out on our own and using both our physical bodies to complete goals and our mental prowress to help us along, we will panic more. Humans thirst for discord to allow them to feel alive now - since the Powers that Be have tried to take away the substances and groups and happenings that allowed us to feel like this in eons past.

I have a solid belief that 2012, and all associated with it, will hopefully awaken people and show them that they do not have to panic like cattle, or latch onto others lives like vampires, to have a meaningful exsistance. But most of that is a rant for another day.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
before you can begin to understand life you must understand maya. maya is a word taken from the sanskrit language of the eastern world. it simply means illusion. maya causes us to perceive that the physical realm is the only fundamental reality. maya deludes us and causes havoc through the mind by creating ignorance in the individual and collective consciousness. in truth, the entire universe is a reflection and expansion of the supreme consciousness. what the western world considers "god".

there is no duality in reality. all modification is illusory. multiplicity is an illusion. maya projects this multiplicity and creates division, division between the individual soul and the supreme soul. we must go beyond the mind, to realize one’s true nature, beyond the illusion of me and you, we are one consciousness.

the mayan civilization began around 1800BC and was definitely more advanced than our own. we view advancement in terms of technology and science where the mayans viewed their advancement as cellestial. they catalouged the stars and used them to understand their lives. they realized they were one with the universe and explored outer space by exploring the inner space of their minds. they had advanced languages, art and other forms of cultural elevation.

the mayans understood, through their use of shamansitic rituals incorporating herbs such as salvia divinorum and other naturally ocurring plantlife, that our consciousness is infinite. it is important to note that something that is infinite cannot be linear as there is no beginning and no end. no past, no present and no future. only now. infinity operates in unity. unity is a compelling term because it represents, also, the mindset that man must incorporate in order to see through the veil of maya. we are polarized by negative and positive energy. we project positive energy when we experience what we call love. when we give of ourselves. our society and our world however, is innundated with negative energy. one must only look to mass media to see proof of this. violence is everywhere, in our movies, our music, our games and subsequently our homes. we eat the meat of animals killed in crude and painful ways thus taking on that negative energy as well. we expel our negative waste into the earth. we allow ourselves to be drawn into this negativity and therefore force ourselves into becoming part of the illusion. we know there are human beings suffering in the world who cannot eat and who know not what love is. instead of using our power to show these people love and to be one in unity, we destroy the very world they live in.

the mayans created a calendar based on the stars and cellestial events. their calendar ends on december 21st 2012. most people believe that will be the end of the world. perhaps the mayans, living in unity, could see events which would be percieved as future events by someone living on a linear timescale and knew that "modern" civilizations would be freed from the prison of maya as their awareness to the consciousness of one became more and more overwhelming. soon there will be a shift. human beings, and it is important to remember that we are not just humans but human beings. flip the words around and you will see that we are just "being humans". when all of us realize our potential, we will be freed. the mayans knew that we would reach that stage during the winter solstice in 2012. be prepared. i am.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Galactic Alignement

It is true however that the sun will be aligned with the centre of the milky way, for the first time in 26,000 years, however due to the doubts in agreement about the actual advancement in astronomy of the civilisation, most scholars and scientists believe this is nothing more than a coincidence.

Coincidence????

I suppose the relationship between the Giza pyramids and Orions Belt is another "Coincidence"...

I try to keep an open mind regarding the 2012 question. What I have discovered (or noticed) so far is this.....

The motions of Uranus and Neptune prove (mathematically) that there is another big "planet" out there. Is it Nibiru? I have no idea but when an ancient civilisation (Sumerians) describe Uranus and Neptune even down to their mass and colour then I think it is stupid to disregard their claim of a 10th planet.

There is plenty of archeological evidence all over the world to support the fact of recent pole-shifts and massive tsunamis. There is just no agreement as to the cause.

The present solar flare cylce peaks in 2012 and is expected to be the biggest yet. In 1954 when the flares were strong the northern lights could be seen as far south as Mexico! (will communication satellites be burnt out this time?)

In the earth's southern and northern hemispheres water and hurricanes spin in opposite directions. If the laws of physics apply in Space, then we could well find that our planet will reverse it's spin as we cross the galactic Equator. It has happened before. (re: Pre Egyptian history).

Holmes comet. The Hopis predicted a Blue Planet would be born and would be followed by a Red Planet. Holmes comet exploded in 2007 and became a Blue Planet (bigger than our sun!) Dr. Robert Harrington (deceased) discovered what he said could be a brown dwarf. Brown dwarfs are red.

Then there is all the prophetic "evidence". Edgar Casey to name but one.
And of course there is the fact NASA are preventing private astronomers from having access to the Hubble telescope as of next year.

All in all, I think there is more "evidence" to support the notion of impending destruction than what there is to dismiss it. As someone said earlier, do your own research and make your own mind up.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PinealExploration

thanks for for the post, it coincides with what i believe and hold true to myself.

the shift is coming, wither people want to accept it or not.

i look forward to the day where everyone and anyone, has all of their basic human rights respected.
once people let go of their religions and what they hold as pride, the competitive nature will soon go too.
It is better to work together to achieve a goal, not against each other.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I can see flaws in both "camps" when it comes to the 2012 theory's and would like to make clear that I don't believe it will be the end of the world. That being said the amount of separate belief systems, scientific theory's and scientific facts points towards the date being of some significance.

Just playing Devil's advocate for a second if the shorter version of the Mayan calender lasted as long as it did because it was based on the average life span of a human being within that civilisation why would it be impossible to believe the long count version would not also describe the lifespan or cycle of something much larger like say... a planet?

My main point is that of Pole shifting though. I was under the impression that most people believed that a pole shift would be a magnetic pole shift and not a geographical one. An actual flip is something I've never come across so I'll have a read up on that.

EDIT I wasn't finished oops.

Magnetic pole shifts have been common knowledge within the scientific community since the 50s-60s I believe with the discovery of "magnetic striping" being found at mid ocean ridges.

The OP is correct in saying that within conventional scientific understanding these shifts happen over a few thousand years but to suggest that these shifts would be a rather uneventful period of slow change is rather presumptuous and given some of the most in-depth studies by Dr Gary A Glatzmaier most likely incorrect. The latest computer models produced by Glatzmaier suggest a very turbulent period of change where new magnetic poles can appear in multiple locations anywhere on the globe. He states that he believes this period of a rather screwed up magnetic field would NOT leave us vulnerable to solar flares as some scaremongers suggest but such massive and unpredictable magnetic behaviour would have unknown effects globally.

www.nasa.gov...

"The source of the field, the outer core, is itself seething, swirling, turbulent. "It's chaotic down there," notes Glatzmaier. The changes we detect on our planet's surface are a sign of that inner chaos.

They've also learned what happens during a magnetic flip. Reversals take a few thousand years to complete, and during that time--contrary to popular belief--the magnetic field does not vanish. "It just gets more complicated," says Glatzmaier. Magnetic lines of force near Earth's surface become twisted and tangled, and magnetic poles pop up in unaccustomed places. A south magnetic pole might emerge over Africa, for instance, or a north pole over Tahiti. Weird. But it's still a planetary magnetic field, and it still protects us from space radiation and solar storms.""

[edit on 19-11-2009 by benjoepen]

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
The Vast Majority belief that the world will end in 2012, no #, I didn't know that. Can someone validate this? What do the poles say, I would like to know, about these vast results. Hmm?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
At least someone on ATS has the guts to prove those apocalyptic fool(s) wrong. The galactic aliment of our solar system should be a day of joy. This is something that won't happen again in the milky way for a really really long time. I rather not have some crazy fool(s) screaming "THE END IS NIGH!!!! EVERY MAN WOMEN AND CHILD FOR THEMSELVES!!!" On a Historic day like 2012. After this whole 2012 thing is over. All you apocalyptic maniacs can go home, grow old and wait for some grandkids to tell them how you foolishly spent your 2012 preparing for the end, instead of partying up like everyone else.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was hoping for a cool line at the end of the original post.

"2012.. cloudy, with no chance of an apocalypse"

It really would have been the icing on the cake for me.

But still, Star & flag.. It's good to see sanity for once.

Edit: Rephrasing.

[edit on 23/11/09 by WishForWings]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by newworld
when nothing happens in 12/21/2012, the date for the end of the world/antichrist's coming/rapture/whatever other idea out there will change to the year 2016. In fact, I think I have heard somewhere that it might even be moved to the year 2036 afterward.

anyway, I can't quite remember where I heard this before, but this is probably what is going to take place.

yep, one date fails , try another haha.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Every time there is a supposed failed doomsday, some idiot comes up with a new one.

Shoot off one head, two grow back.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Im not saying the world will come to an end in 2012. But lets see this from the governments point of view. End of the world = mass hysteria. If the government had all the data to know that the world will come to an end, I dont think they would tell anyone, they will try to disprove other people's theory by denying it, and since they are expert in their field, not much people would be any wiser. Telling people the end of the world is coming, will be a global panic.

posted on Dec, 15 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The Local Interstellar Cloud
Illustration Credit & Copyright: Linda Huff (American Scientist), Priscilla Frisch (U. Chicago)
Explanation: The stars are not alone. In the disk of our Milky Way Galaxy about 10 percent of visible matter is in the form of gas, called the interstellar medium (ISM). The ISM is not uniform, and shows patchiness even near our Sun. It can be quite difficult to detect the local ISM because it is so tenuous and emits so little light. This mostly hydrogen gas, however, absorbs some very specific colors that can be detected in the light of the nearest stars. A working map of the local ISM within 10 light-years based on recent observations is shown above. These observations show that our Sun is moving through a Local Interstellar Cloud as this cloud flows outwards from the Scorpius-Centaurus Association star forming region. Our Sun may exit the Local Interstellar Cloud during the next 10,000 years. Much remains unknown about the local ISM, including details of its distribution, its origin, and how it affects the Sun and the Earth.
Science, 4 March 2005, by Lallement et al.
the Heliosphere is highly sensitive to the density of interstellar gas, and it could fail almost completely if the Sun passed though a dense cloud of gas, exposing the Earth to massive amounts of harmful radiation. There is some evidence to suggest that the Earth has experienced mass extinctions caused by interstellar explosions in the past - perhaps caused because we were in a dense cloud when the effects of a supernova passed us by.
The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. It Would be FOOLISH to not way the possibility that in 2012 we may be entering into a Dense region of Gas...As we align with the Center of Our Galaxy Our SUN Sol has and is being bombarded by particles now coming through the Heliosphere the sun has Gotten Brighter from these particles and has changed from A yellowish hue to a more white because of the increase in particles... We may be on te edge of a Dense Cloud of Gas ..and soon to be entering in 2012 the Densest parts of the LOCAL FLUFF held by the gravity of the black hole of the Milky Way galaxy...

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
If the Mayans were capable of predicting the doomsday and the end of the world as we know it wouldn't they still be here? Also i find it hard to believe in the prophecies of an ancient civilization that practiced human sacrifice. If they were all that wise and powerful why did they practice those barbaric acts?

Personally i think nothing will happen, and if it turns out i was wrong and we all die then too bad but i won't spend the last 3 years worrying about it, and i suggest everyone to do the same, it's not like you'll be able to do anything if an asteroid hits us or the sun fries us anyway.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join