It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by beaverg

amusing but way off topic

When the subject is something you saw the fact that your depth perception may have been altered by alcohol, fatigue, or whatever else might give you a bit more or less credibility.

But interesting you didn't describe the way the creature flies, even when pressed to. How about it?

[edit on 29-10-2009 by beaverg]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

had a great night sleep and also dont drink but i see what you mean

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

thanks.. i have bought me a camcorder now. i could not find anything with night shot around here but i did purchase a older sony handycam with hi8 tapes at a great price for the condition its in got it for $65
i mean hey its better than nothing which i had to begin with

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by beaverg

had a great night sleep and also dont drink but i see what you mean

Dagnabbit the flying! How did it fly guy? Was it gliding or flapping like a dog in the water?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder

Originally posted by Bombeni
No pictures/video, no other eye-witness accounts, and this is in ATS rather than BTS? Four pages and counting. Groovy.

I find the OP very believable in his relating what happened, and am sure that if he manages to get video, and it ends up being an owl, or heron or whatever, he would also relate that as well.

This could very well be just a sighting of something common that has been misidentified, but all the posts that are trying to get to the bottom of this sighting, are very educational as I am learning a lot about what some birds can sound like, as well as look like in different lighting conditions.

And isn't this what ATS is all about?? Getting to the truth??

Respectfully..

Yes, but you can't get to t he truth on a message board without pictures/video/multiple eyewitness etc. Two guys smoking on a porch with no technical equipment can't give us any truth. I don't really care where this thread is, I am just seeing a pattern of which threads are chosen to be thrown into the basement and which aren't. The criteria is laughable because there is no REAL criteria. It apparently depends on the personal interests of the moderators.

Carry on.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

actually it glided over us at the time it was spotted maybe i can get over there tonight while he is gone if its not raining looks like a good chance for rain today though

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
is anyone familiar with the Sony Handycam CCD-TRV212 NSTC Video 8?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

reply to post by nicolaas

my first thought but no they live in tropics and jungles

I know as I mentioned

Could be escapees from some collector (what do I know?) Like the name of your town though - sympathizing

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to please contribute posts that are a bit more substantial than one line. I know this is a long thread but posts that suggest for someone to "Sleep well and don't drink" really can be saved for u2u.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

is anyone familiar with the Sony Handycam CCD-TRV212 NSTC Video 8?

Sorry had to take this cam back and get a refund its a Analog recorder 1 of 3 of the many models of that year that has no ability to transfer the video to the pc
im still looking for another camcorder maybe i will luck out and find something

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
OP Check out this link---
paranormal.about.com...

Go to Creatures Your True Tales-
paranormal.about.com...
and you can read stories similiar to yours of people seeing weird creatures that arnt supposed to exist. Maybe youll even find a story that is exactly like what you saw, to give you a better idea of what you saw.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Hey xynephadyn thanks for the links i will definitely check this out , for everyone else heres a thread related to strange occurring things also in my state this thread was related to me from napayshni57 mid way through this thread !!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and my first post here about 2 flying craft i had seen about a week or so ago near my place

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i understand its hard to go based on words but when you see something different you have never seen before and you know its not normal best thing to do is explain the best you can

[edit on 29-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

this sounds somewhat similar but the form/shape was not a normal bird shape nor was it human like the mothman is described

paranormal.about.com...

It looked like a huge bird with a wingspan about 10-15 feet, and it seemed to be either white or light gray, a bit luminescent - not in much contrast to the night sky. I didn't see any head or feet from the angle I was looking, and it was quite high overhead. I started looking up possible links on the Internet to see if anyone else has ever seen such a bird. It reminded me of some giant mythical bird. What was it?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I am concerned on these sightings and would like for all peoples in Alabama to keep a eye out on anything strange and document and explain if possible on any strange occurrences you may see i have started a new thread for this, just thought it would be a good idea the more people involved the better our chances are to explaining some of these things

Alabamians look at your sky and report anything unusual

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Very Interesting indeed. I just hope some sort of media will come out of this thread so that we can gather more details.

The more the merrier does in fact apply here.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

I did some checking on the Native American legend of Thunderbirds.

A documentary on the Discovery Channel postulated that the Thunderbird legend might be grounded in reality. Perhaps this bird does exist, in some remote part of the Sierra Madre or someplace. It was suggested that maybe these birds ride thermal air currents, in the manner that big birds do; this is why their appearance, coming from the west, would correspond with thunder storms. Naturally, the birds would be perceived as not merely preceding but actually causing them.

There have been a few reports in recent decades from people who claim actually to have been attacked by these birds. These stories echo ancient Cherokee legends, according to which there was a time when the birds carrying off children of the tribe was a serious problem. Intriguingly, it has been demonstrated scientifically that the time and place of these attacks have coincided with thundery weather conditions, ie exactly when, from both the scientific and traditional points of view, you would expect the birds to appear.

www.tnais.com...

You saw this on Wednesday. What was the weather like on Tuesday if you remember? I believe it was very rainy. Saturday it is suppose to be stormy also. Notice the weather we've had this year. I swear more rain and storms then sunshine.

I've noticed also this area of Al seems to have quite a few ufo sightings even in broad day light but when you go to get your camera they aren't there anymore. I know this for fact. I came back with my camera and they were gone but about 3 minutes later military jets showed up but I've seen enough of them in my life so why take the picture.

en.wikipedia.org...(mythology)
The plural thunderbirds (as the Kwakwaka'wakw and Cowichan tribes believed) could shapeshift into human form by tilting back their beaks like a mask, and by removing their feathers as if it were a feather-covered blanket. There are stories of thunderbirds in human form marrying into human families; some families may trace their lineage to such an event. Families of thunderbirds who kept to themselves but wore human form were said to have lived along the northern tip of Vancouver Island. The story goes that other tribes soon forgot the nature of one of these thunderbird families, and when one tribe tried to take them as slaves the thunderbirds put on their feather blankets and transformed to take vengeance upon their foolish captors.

The Sioux believed that in "old times" the Thunderbirds destroyed dangerous reptilian monsters called the Unktehila.

The part about reptilian monsters caught my attention with all the ufo sightings around here.

It almost sounds like the Thunderbirds could also be like the fallen angels of the bible intermixing with mankind and taking on human form. Have you ever wondered why angels are painted and pictured with wings when in the bible it never mentions them having wings when they walking among mankind? Maybe angels, thunderbirds and et's have lots in common.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

this sounds somewhat similar but the form/shape was not a normal bird shape nor was it human like the mothman is described

paranormal.about.com...

It looked like a huge bird with a wingspan about 10-15 feet, and it seemed to be either white or light gray, a bit luminescent - not in much contrast to the night sky. I didn't see any head or feet from the angle I was looking, and it was quite high overhead. I started looking up possible links on the Internet to see if anyone else has ever seen such a bird. It reminded me of some giant mythical bird. What was it?

From what I have gathered, it is bat shaped, semi glowy/whitish, and it's not like a bird. It also glided like a bird of prey, and it's wingspan is 3 ft. It is also feather less and has hair. No tail from what you said also?

I want to ask a few questions because I am trying to make a sketch of what you described.

In more detail, what are the colours of it, and does it have any markings?

Do the wings have hair, or is it just the main part of the body that has the hair?

We know the wings span, but not the main body size. How far is it from head to butt?

What did the eyes look like?

What where the feet like?

Was the shape of the body between the wings like a bats, or a birds? Was it mammal like, reptile like, or bird like?

Please reply to my questions. If I get a drawing, and you think it looks like it, it could get us going farther.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

the body was whiteish/glowy kinda of, the wings were bat shaped to say the least the rest of the figure was dark and smokey looking. i could see no feet of it even though it flew directly overhead. But i will tell you i was focused on the underbelly more than anything just had a luminescence to it. The head was kind of large although i could not make out any detailed features of it, was large to say the least in comparison to a bird of that size.

The body of it was pretty large from what i could see looked like it a oval kind of shape i will try to draw this for you

But i do now say i have a great camcorder searched all day long called over 50 pawn shops around neighboring counties and the very last one i called had 1 sony recorder turned out to be a SONY Handycam CCD-TRV138 with NIGHTSHOT yay cant believe i found one especially on the last call had to drive a hour to get it. This is what Johnny Anonymous told me to get earlier on now i just have to get a hold of him and get a question or two figured out which is what im gonna do now

Heres my cam lol i gave $120 for it it works perfect too

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

the body was whiteish/glowy kinda of, the wings were bat shaped to say the least the rest of the figure was dark and smokey looking. i could see no feet of it even though it flew directly overhead. But i will tell you i was focused on the underbelly more than anything just had a luminescence to it. The head was kind of large although i could not make out any detailed features of it, was large to say the least in comparison to a bird of that size.

The body of it was pretty large from what i could see looked like it a oval kind of shape i will try to draw this for you

But i do now say i have a great camcorder searched all day long called over 50 pawn shops around neighboring counties and the very last one i called had 1 sony recorder turned out to be a SONY Handycam CCD-TRV138 with NIGHTSHOT yay cant believe i found one especially on the last call had to drive a hour to get it. This is what Johnny Anonymous told me to get earlier on now i just have to get a hold of him and get a question or two figured out which is what im gonna do now

Heres my cam lol i gave $120 for it it works perfect too

www.amazon.com...

It may be a rare albino bat, considering you didn't see the other one with it, just heard it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
urm yeah, it was probably a bat/other flying thingymajig

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join