It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Unidentifiable Flying Creature spotted tonight in AL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
It sounds like the creature in a book i read based on true events. it was called mothman.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OpTiMuS_PrImE

Wow a few weeks back I also saw some sort of creature out a on a moony night. I only got to see it for a split second but it was glowing while flying in the air above my tree. So i couldnt see it so well because of the leafs.

This is when my dogs in my backyard was barking mad crazy like an intruder came into the yard.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by KennyRJR]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpTiMuS_PrImE
reply to post by Enigma Publius

im in Dekalb County BTW....

oh my gosh. you are right next to me! I live in Scottsboro! I'll definately be looking to the sky when I'm outside smoking tonight! We should keep cameras handy and try to get a picture!

I'm gonna add you to my friend list, I'm always trying to find other ATS'ers close to me.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

i have heard of the mothman does it not have red glowing eyes etc... i could not make the face or head part out. [ADDING] this thing had a big ass wingspan comparison to a hawk its was bigger

Friday night its outside with the camera to try to get some footage and sound from it. We do not have night vision or night shot but hopefully the moon will be out and bright

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

yeah im 15 minutes away

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I live in Alabama and we have some pretty huge Owls around here. It's possible that's what it was. I've seen them myself

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

That would be cool, but I mean draw a picture of the "flying creature" or photoshop something

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

There is always the possible of a zoo escapee or released or escaped illegal exotic pet. It is possible that is what you saw.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenYourHead

no owl bro i see them all the time if thats what it was i would have noticed right off the bat. The body shape was to elongated to be a owl it had none of it characteristics

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

no Zoo near me for at least 100 miles anyway, although we do have some petting zoos within 30 miles maybe but there were multiple creatures [3 spotted by him previously -- and 2 present tonight]

If was a animal escape it would be heard of quickly nothing happens around here small towns and fast talk

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There's all kinds of weird stuff that happens around here. There was one guy that got mugged by the kudzu and was never seen again.

I don't doubt anything but prolly just a big ass buzzard.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I don't know if you have any Native Americans in your county, but if you do, ask them about what you saw, and if you ask with respect, they may be able to tell you.

It sounds to me like you saw aThunderbird

According to my ancestors they are seen at times of great change or great turmoil. A revolution can happen peacefully, and a revolution can happen with great bloodshed.

[edit on 28/10/09 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR

That would be cool, but I mean draw a picture of the "flying creature" or photoshop something

When i say break in the wing this is almost as good as you can get

www.uksafari.com...

but the wings were huge jawdropping really literally

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dunno man I've seen some huge birds in these Alabama woods before. I agree it's probably a buzzard.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpenYourHead
I dunno man I've seen some huge birds in these Alabama woods before.

i have also and know the birds very well, i have seen red headed wood peckers that look to be the size of eagles really big pretty birds but i know what it was not and am very sure of what i seen and i was not the only one so that tells me something

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Setup some night vision cameras like the guys on Monsterquest. Just don't drag a whole show out on a heat signature from a possum like they do..

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

i am familiar with the legend a little but at this point am clueless to what it is, it was not typical and i have never seen anything ever like it maybe we can catch something on video Friday night. If you could have just heard it you would be surprising im sure.

link   
I'd like to clear up some information super quick.

Members of the genus Pteropus (flying foxes) are not found in North America, Central America, or South America. I doubt this was a flying fox, then, unless they have been escaping from zoos. It may have been a large bat such as the Hoary Bat or a similar species. Hoary bats are pretty much solitary, whereas other bats tend to live in groups. So that would make sense.

link   
reply to post by OpenYourHead

be nice to have the money to do it but do not no night vision just regular cam

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join