It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News a sham network?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is how Fox news reporters are told to act. This is there script
img510.imageshack.us...

At the top it says how the mood should be. Kinda weird dont ya think? I wonder if Glenn Beck is told to cry on air to boost rating.

got it from here

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-10-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course they do...

They are right-wing propaganda...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

So what, them being anti-world government is a sham? set up by the elite?

[edit on 28-10-2009 by dino1989]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
yeah, msm is pretty much scripted, thats why I cant watch FOX, MSNBC or CNN. These people are all actors being paid to entertain you, not inform you.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
all news outlets are out for your money...fox just seems like they're willing to do and say crazier things than the others.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dino1989

I'll admit, I didn't watch the video, but as far as the first image is concerned, I really don't see any problem with it. Assuming the memo is authentic, its merely a general guideline instructing someone to discuss a judicial nomination. That sounds reasonable. There has to be some organizational effort such as this. It can't just all be off-the-cuff.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that 'Moody' is a name
(In fact, I'm almost certain that this refers to one of their senior execs, John Moody).

[edit on 28-10-2009 by vor78]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

You guys need to learn that EVERY commercial enterprise are out for your money. That's why you don't get you groceries, your clothes, your transportation, or your utilities for free.
Does that mean that Fox is a sham? No. During the day the report the news. In the evening they have opinion programs, just like the other 24 hour news channels.
Get over it.
At least Fox is not afraid to ask the hard questions.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
God damn it, I'm so stupid. seriously i should be shot in the face.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dino1989
God damn it, I'm so stupid. seriously i should be shot in the face.

i know its bad that i laughed, but that post has two stars

And of course all commercial enterprises are after money....if they were giving things away for free they would be charities.

in all fairness, fox does ask some hard questions...but the problem is the questions are often mixed in with a lot of crazy.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
All major MSM is scripted!
Refusal to accept this is irrelevent, the agenda moves forward.

Choose your channel it doesn't matter they are reading scripted copy which has been pre-written and approved.

FOX has simply been chosen to lean the way they do to keep us arguing useless concepts amongst ourselves while the real agenda is being played out before our distracted eyes.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Dude, fox is probably the most honest news network out there. CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC they are so far left that the argument that fox is a right wing 'fascist' network (Fascism is to the left of the political spectrum, by the way) isn't even valid. The media has it's own biased and most of it is owned by the government anyway, so I'm all for it that news organization supports the opposition.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revanchist

correct me if im wrong, but fox news is the best news because it leans the opposite way of those in power?
is it just me or is that kind of flawed thinking...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
there are about a million posts like these every month. YES fox is bad we know.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I only partially agree with you. I don't know that I'd say they're honest, but they're certainly no more dishonest than their competition. What I will say is that, through their own bias, they provide a necessary counterbalance to the opposite bias provided by the other networks you mention. In that sense, they provide a great service to the American people because they do allow us a chance to hear both sides of an issue.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
That memo demonstrates that FOX news doesn't report the news but rather spins it.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
The thread title caught my eye because it seems to me that Fox has changed in the last year or so.

Say Fox is awful (not easy to do
) and THEN after acquiring that reputation Fox starts adding more stories that are legit but that the MSM wants to be seen as un-founded.

I'm not a big TV fan so could easily be wrong; I'm sure you'll let me know

p.s. That guy on the video was funny, "Now that I learned comedy writing on Fox news, maybe I should do stand up!"

[edit on 28-10-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Seriously? Singling out Fox? Cause MSNBC is a real news organization, right? C'mon, at least Fox is asking questions which need to be asked. They have realized that the majority of American's are seriously disturbed by the way this, dare I call it such, Administration is running things that they've started to ask questions everyone wants to know. I smell a rat here, no posting from Obama's board of spinmeisters allowed.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Do not take it so personal you can't be right all the time you are talking about

FOX and Friends. The real news channel with record breaking audiences or

viewership. People are looking for the truth and they hear enough lies being

told everyday in our country. FOX is the peoples alternative to the government

controlled media. ^Y^

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Reply to post by dino1989

Bad choice in thread titles.

Should have been... "TV news networks, a scam?"

You can't single out one. CNN is a good example of a 'scam' for instance.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

correct me if im wrong, but fox news is the best news because it leans the opposite way of those in power?
is it just me or is that kind of flawed thinking...

no it's you...during the bush years, they did not "lean" democratic

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join