It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trailer For Dwayne Johnson's Planet 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

New Trailer For Dwayne Johnson's Planet 51

www.411mania.com

Here is the description of the film: The inhabitants of Planet 51 live in fear of alien invasion. Their paranoia is realized when an astronaut arrives from Earth. Befriended by a young resident, he has to avoid capture in order to recover his spaceship and try to return home.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So first we have District 9 with the aliens being the good guys stranded on Earth due to earth gov't bad guys holding them against their will (sorry for the spoiler).

Next is 2012, which everyone knows is a disaster movie about the apocolypse.

Then there is Fourth Kind, which is one of those 'based on a true story' horror films.

V-the show about alien visitors presenting themselves to the public.

Now, this film Planet 51 is an animated kids film which portrays a human going to an alien planet where he is the alien. Humans as the aliens, interesting angle to portray to the baby sheeple.

What the @#$% is going on Hollywood?

A. The public is in a recession and defaults to fantasy/escapism in a time of economic despair.
B. TPTB are preparing people young and old for something amazing, like many of you ATSers have been saying, along with our pals David Wilcock and PC.
C. The sci-fi genre is expanding to accommodate the growing demand for original and unique ideas
D. All of the above.

Whaddoyathink?

www.411mania.com

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Hollywood (and cinema in general) have been making sci-fi/fantasy films since FOR-EVER ..

..Nothing is going on...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Terces_Pot_Evoba

What's going on?

What's going on is that you are not aware of your surroundings.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Agreed, but I feel like sci-fi is particularly in demand at this moment in history, and hollywood has very specific angles on how they choose to portray alien encounters these days, like the unions held meetings on how to portray aliens.

I am not the typical person on here saying there is definitely TPTB out there getting us ready for ETs, but I do notice this certain collective change in hollywood's patterns these days, i feel like that is undeniable.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

As others have said, they've been making these types of shows for decades, but it does seem they've produced fewer of them in the last 6-8 years. Now, Hollywood has apparently decided that there's money to be made in such movies these days, and so they're on the upswing again.

Its just part of the business cycle. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

I'm selectively aware of my surroundings, more so then I used to be. I have been weathered by the machine most of my life, so true awareness is difficult, but I do try hard.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
to me Planet 51 like the typical "lovable alien scamp crashes on earth and is chased by the government" (see E.T.) but they reversed it. it's neat that they changed things around a little bit, too bad they couldnt have come up with something mostly new.

the rest of the movies pretty much just go along with things that get a lot of attention. people will always be fascinated by ghosts and aliens. (district 9 was probably more of a movie about peace and acceptance of other people than about aliens)

and 2012....what else needs to be said. it gets more attention than it deserves.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
This sounds like an alright film. It would be better if it was animated. I'm a sucker for good animated kids films.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I've only been in the film industry a short time but even to me it is apparent that Hollywood gives the public what they want because they are motivated by profit, not art.

The studios have departments combing sites like this one trying to determine future trends so they can cash in.

In the past 2 weeks I have worked on 2 vampire and 1 sifi alien movies.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
what Whaa said is probably right or close to it.

they probably just decide to make a movie about topics that have been googled a lot recently

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Don't forget "The Day The Earth Stood Still" late 2008 and "Knowing" 2009
The vampire stuff is just riding the "Twilight" wave

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terces_Pot_Evoba

What the @#$% is going on Hollywood?

A. The public is in a recession and defaults to fantasy/escapism in a time of economic despair.
B. TPTB are preparing people young and old for something amazing, like many of you ATSers have been saying, along with our pals David Wilcock and PC.
C. The sci-fi genre is expanding to accommodate the growing demand for original and unique ideas
D. All of the above.

Whaddoyathink?

www.411mania.com

A and half-B, for sure. Half-B means there might be some level of intentionality or influence in how these movies are portraying the human-alien relationship, as you suggested, but not that it's all or only a scripted roll-out of ideas meant to prepare us for something. People are eating the alien movies up, so more come out (WHY they're being eaten up is an interesting question). This leads to C, which I don't think is happening...there aren't many good "new" ideas being put out that I can see, so much as old storylines are being flipped in some significant way (as with District 9 inverting the alien invasion-storyline, making them refugees instead).

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This is interesting thought, Just to see what they would say, I ask my grandkids what they would think if a alien walked into the house.
Their response was, no big deal.

Looking at the toys, movies, and video games they play it is easy to see why, this would almost seem normal.
Maybe we are being program for a alien encounter.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

I just hope it is the tv shows version "V" and not "The War of the Worlds" version

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
around 2007 china and india admitted to their people that aliens exist... and that a sun-sensitive alien race was hiding in the himalayas. france, belgium, and mexico already told their people about aliens on earth too. the uk is slowly leaking ufo information to their people. i guess the american government wants to test the people's attitude about aliens through movies before making any decisions.
i mean, that's a lot of alien movies in such little time. knowing, the day the earth stood still, planet 51, disctrict 9, the fourth kind, V on SyFy, the remake of V on ABC...

it's different from all the other times because they're throwing aliens movies at us left and right. even some guys at NASA and people in the white house want to disclose this whole alien case. it's about time they did, it's literally impossible for us to be the only intelligent life in the universe.

[edit on 01/01/13 by ohsnaptruth]

[edit on 01/01/13 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Mark my words. Something is going on.
I would say D. as my selection but we shall see soon enough.
I think sooner than later.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The only conspiracy here is viral marketing.

This thread is what people in the industry call 'buzz'. They rely on interested people to speak about their product in ways that will also interest others in their community.

Every time a "Is this movie one more step toward disclosure?" thread pops up, all you the thread starter is doing is selling more tickets to see that movie.

And you arent even getting a cut!

new topics

top topics

join