It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Analysis of the Recently Leaked Sumerian Tablets Concerning Our Origins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Heres the story of the supposed Sumerian Tablets found southest of Baghdad in 2006. Supposedly it's what the bible is based off of. It's worth the read nonetheless if your interested in ancient civilizations.

Around June 12 of 2006, the 260th Quartermaster Battalion providing Petroleum Support Surveillance around Talil Air Force Base southeast of Baghdad uncovered a copper box containing a set of lapis lazuli tablets with Sumerian cuneiform embedded from within its layers. Without knowing quite what they were dealing with, a panel was assembled, in part, by at least the NSA, through the resources of both the US and British governments, to review the findings which were consequently flown out to the British Museum in London. The members were assured that yes, the finding would be shared with the rest of the world upon completion, but apparently, the governmental forces involved reneged. This is hardly surprising, but it angered those flown out to the British Museum to help out on the project, and a translation ended up surfacing in Paris, Amsterdam, Madrid, Aleppo, Karachi, and Tangiers. Or so the story goes.

[Video Interview
Video 2

Source+Translation

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fascinating! Fascinating!

This is very coincidental, i am actually working on a large peice of writing about the Sumerians here for ATS. I will definitely consider using this.

I found this the most fascinating:

Is there anything else you can tell us?

Well I don’t want to be redundant. I only saw two fragments of these tablets, but I can tell from that we’re dealing with something extraordinary. Cuneiform writing embedded, not carved, in thick chunks of lapis lazuli? I mean, that’s incredible. We’ve seen all kinds of innovative uses of this precious stone, but never have we seen it used in this manner. And from what I’ve worked with it’s more than apparent that the Sumerians were utilizing technologies that we don’t know anything about. The series(?) layering of lapis lazuli demonstrates that clearly. We don’t know how they were made. They looked like carved glass(?) centered deep within inches of glass(?)...embedded, really. I don’t know how else to describe it.

Then again, we can't completely trust what just one man says, but it leaves a lot of room for questioning.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sorry OP, but this just screams "hoax". I couldn't say if it's the website you linked to behind such a fraud, or if they are just a little too "willing to believe", it certainly has all the hallmarks of a hoax:

• An earth-shattering discovery that vanishes into the government vaults, never to again see the light of day
  • Mysterious men in black from the government assembling a team of "experts" to review their find (isn't that how it always happens in the movies?)
  • Said experts threatened with death or disappearance should they ever reveal this earth-shattering find (naturally this keeps everyone mum on the subject)
  • One brave expert who come forward with the discovery, but can't reveal who they are (see point above)
  • A hearsay interpretation that alludes to all the topics UFOlogists, Ancient Astronauts fans, or Sitchenites hold most dear

It just sounds like the same MO you see with any alien/ET or Ancient astronaut "discovery" (reminds me of the gold plate supposedly found at the center of a crop circle).

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
i would like to see the tablets...if not to confirm that they are real, they are probably gorgeous with the lapis lazuli and the whole...being thousands of years old thing.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I have to laugh... every bullet you mentioned is the basis of 95% of the threads on ATS in and of itself!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
In one of the translations of the supposedly new found tablets the word "Nephilim" is used, a word not used by Sumerians and only ever seen before in the OT of the bible....? Bit of a giveaway eh.....
Personally I very much doubt the validity of the supposed findings of new Sumerian tablets so until there is more definitive proof I won't even factor the "translations" into my personal researches

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
Heres the story of the supposed Sumerian Tablets found southest of Baghdad in 2006. Supposedly it's what the bible is based off of. It's worth the read nonetheless if your interested in ancient civilizations.

It's a fake, albeit a lot more sophisticated than others of the sort. They got a lot of the format right, for one thing, though the details are very wrong.

The biggest key (there are a lot of others) is the "Nibiru, the eternal creator mother goddess." That's not the name of the mother goddess, and it was Tiamat's body that the Earth was formed from.

"Nibiru is a 'throne name' sort of like 'His Honor, the President of the United States.'" There is not god or goddess named Nibiru. "Nephilim" is not a Sumerian name or term... and so on and so forth.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
he contradicts himself many many many times by saying he worked on two fragments then saying he checked the translation of 3 others then again saying he only worked with two fragments....

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
still , many of the cylinder seals are as big as my thumb , carved for mass production of "stories" to be printed on clay.

they had printing presses 6000 years ago, so much for gutenberg and the first printed "stories".

dont under estimate the sumerians, their humor is not that far of from "modern" mans.

yet if the stitchin hypotesis is true to some degree the question arises , how on earth can they have knowlege of something that happened pre earth, meaning earth was not even formed.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
still , many of the cylinder seals are as big as my thumb , carved for mass production of "stories" to be printed on clay.

So, please, enlighten us with one of these "stories" from the ancient printing press.

Or, alternately, simply check and see how cylinder seals were actually used and stop blathering a load of horse manure.

Harte

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The Intelligence community being involved in ancient texts is not actually unheard of. Both the CIA and NSA were active in the Voynich Mss. Project. Operative Services (which later became the CIA) purchased the longest extant copy of the Book of Daniel discovered at Qumran from Bedouins in the late 1940s. Considering the Intelligence community has some of the foremost linguists and scholars, that element isn't enough to dismiss this as a hoax all on it's own.

Even the supposed construction of the tablets doesn't specifically denote hoax, although it would indeed be highly unusual and suspect. There is substantial evidence to show that the Egyptians of that same time-frame may have used geosynthethic bonding of stone, basically melting stone and pouring it into molds.

And of course, every "discovery" is always considered "earth-shattering" in the eyes of the discover.

However, I do agree that there are too many iffy parts. Even if they are not separately enough to be dismissive, together that's too much of an improbability unless something credible is brought forward for peer review.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

So, please, enlighten us with one of these "stories" from the ancient printing press.

Or, alternately, simply check and see how cylinder seals were actually used and stop blathering a load of horse manure.

Harte

que ? have you your self even taken the time to do it your self ?

guess not.

then to quote wikipedia

While most Mesopotamian cylinder seals form an image through the use of depressions in the cylinder surface (see lead photo above), some cylinder seals print images using raised areas on the cylinder (see San Andrés image below). The former are used primarily on wet clays; the latter, sometimes referred to as roller stamps, are used to print images on cloth and other similar two dimensional surfaces.

guess they didnt use the seals as original prints for mass production....

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just the fact that it had to be leaked shows that there is still so much kept from us.

Now the question is, why this kind of information is being held back, is it for conservative means? Keeping religions how they are and keeping who is in power, in power? Or would it be that the public knowing the truth about such things "would cause mass panic".

Interesting

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I also think your sources are a bit questionable, but it is an interesting story.

I have spent a lot of time on Google Earth in the southern Iraq/Iran area and it is littered with ancient ruins.

I remember reading somewhere that Saddam Hussein thought himself to be the reincarnation of Nebuchadnezzar. Nebuchadnezzar thought himself to be the reincarnation of Nimrod, the King that built the Tower of Babel. Saddam was rebuilding the Tower when it was destroyed in the Gulf war when H.W. Bush was US president and again in the Iraq invasion when W. Bush was US president. I don't know if any of this is true but it certainly does further add to an already good story.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

and god told bush to invade the cradle of mankind

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. LOL What a weird story, I'm not sure what to think of it all.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harte

que ? have you your self even taken the time to do it your self ?

guess not.

In fact, yes, of course I have.

None of them tell any "stories."

Some of them are, however, thematic. These often represent scenes from stories, but not the stories thermselves.

The vast majority of them were used to denote ownershiop, to stand as reciept of payment, as IOUs or used the same way we use seals today (notarize, etc.)

There exists not a single story told with what you are calling a "portable printing press."

Not one.

All the stories of Sumer were written using a reed stylus on clay tablets which were then fired or, at least, dried.

guess they didnt use the seals as original prints for mass production....

You guess correctly here. They were used almost exclusively for record keeping.

Of course, records can tell stories too. That's why a philanderer is wise to throw away his reciepts and credit card slips prior to going home to the ol' ball and chain.

Harte

new topics

top topics

join