It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black hole GRB 090423 dates from Big Bang times

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Black hole GRB 090423 dates from Big Bang times

[url=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/black-hole-grb-090423-dates-from-big-bang-times/story-e6frf7k6-1225792371396]www.heraldsun.com.au[ /url]

IT took 13 billion years to reach Earth, but astronomers have seen the light of an exploding mega-star that is the most distant object ever detected, two studies published today reported.
The stunning gamma-ray burst was observed by two teams of researchers in April, and opens a window onto a poorly known period when the universe was in its infancy.

GRBs are the most violent explosions known to exist, and can be 10 million times more luminous than the brightest of galaxies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Unreal stuff. It boggles the mind to comprehend the vastness of space and what lies within.

Will scientists ever be able to know exactly what happened when time and the Universe began? I doubt it. There's probably some things that are always going to remain a mystery.

Now, they're able to peer so far back in time with different telescopes - how about taking a better look at some of the interesting features on the Moon? Yeah, right... thanks for nothing, NASA.

[url=http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/black-hole-grb-090423-dates-from-big-bang-times/story-e6frf7k6-1225792371396]www.heraldsun.com.au[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Looking at the moon when you can peer into the vastness of the universe is like looking into your backyard when you can explore the world.

When you've already been in your backyard.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by RestingInPieces]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
When I try to think about the entire universe I get an odd unsettling yet comfortable sensation. It is the weirdest thing and really nothing I get thinking about anything else. The idea that we are floating around in the middle of nothingness makes me feel trapped but that deep field shot from Hubble is just a reminder of all the things we have to look forward to. Good stuff guys and gals. Good stuff ... S & F.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a little trouble understanding just how science can calculate exactly how old the universe is let alone the when the big bang was created.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I always think a Supreme Being made the entire universe.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I always think a Supreme Being made the entire universe.
that is a noble thought. However,that really is a busy task, even for "A" supreme being

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

to me it kind of takes the wonder out of space. its so HUGE and BEAUTIFUL that if something all powerful made it, i would be pretty disappointed.

top topics

join