It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows CHEMO and radiation cause cancer to SPREAD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
chemo radiation spread cancer link to article

Extract from article:

A study published in May 2007 in the journal of clinical investigation found that treating cancer with surgery, chemotherapy and radiation raised the levels of TGF beta and could actually cause tumours to spread.

TGF beta was crucial to whether cancer cells moved singly or in clumps.

so basically chemo/normal cancer treatments are spreading cancer by raising TGF beta levels. drug companies are looking at ways to block the TGF beta mechanism.

seems pretty clear to me, that this is why chemo doesnt work - because its actually working to spread the cancer via this mechanism. and they've known about it since 2007 but my doctor neglected to tell me that this dangerous treatment that could kill me, might actually spread the cancer too. i think most people arent warned about this risk prior to treatment either. maybe they would choose herbal medicine instead..

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I have always thought the idea of poisoning a body that was already experiencing toxic overload was insane! I never understood it in the least.

Tumors are constantly forming within our body. This just goes to show that those who recover after chemo, would most likely do so quicker without the poison psuedo-science they practice.

Eat fruits and veggies. Drink herbal tea. Drink green/white tea. Get lots of rest. Pray/Meditate.

Live long & prosper.

CX

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
My girlfriend had both radiotherapy and chemo for her cancer, and she's rid of her tumours and alive and well 4 years on.

CX.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It is a gross oversimplification to say that radiation and chemotherapy cause cancer to spread. It depends on the form of cancer and the individual patient.

From the 2007 paper referenced in the article

TGF-β is both a tumor suppressor and a tumor promoter.

An increase in TGF-β may prove to be a way of determining the likelihood of a recurrace.

These data have several clinical implications. First, increased circulating TGF-β in response to cancer therapy should be prospectively investigated and monitored, as it may represent a marker of tumors destined to progress rapidly after therapy.

In those who do show an increase, it may indicate that TGF-β inhibitors can enhance the efficacy of the primary therapy.

Second, patients in whom increased circulating TGF-β is observed may bear cancers in which administration of a TGF-β inhibitor can add to the effect of the primary therapy as well as abrogate therapy-related toxic effects such as radiation-induced tissue damage and fibrosis.

www.jci.org...

I was diagnosed with cancer 27 years ago. It had spread throughout my body before I knew it was there. Radiation and chemotherapy got rid of it.

I knew others who went the herbal route. They're dead. I made my choice, they made theirs. Everyone has to make their own.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It is a gross oversimplification to say that radiation and chemotherapy cause cancer to spread. It depends on the form of cancer and the individual patient.

Hear, hear! Radiation...brachytherapy...cured my prostate cancer. The danger in sucking up this kind of report is that one can blow off an early detection and lose the chance to beat it.

Like my brother-in-law did.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
NOT treating cancer generaly ensures a 100% mortality.

There is a risk benifit ratio to every treatment and people tend to expect things to work 100% of the time and thats simply not the case in medicine.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
wow, ..... the replies to this thread really worry me.

i cant believe so many people can be so blind. but i guess you are entitled to your opinions. i can only try to spread the information.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

What? having three people confirm that chemo therapy etc cured their cancer worries you? I'd take that and the millions of other people who have been cured from cancer over this article any day of the week.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

What? having three people confirm that chemo therapy etc cured their cancer worries you? I'd take that and the millions of other people who have been cured from cancer over this article any day of the week.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by Solomons]

yeah and what about the millions who have died after having chemotherapy and conventional treatment. and there have been MILLIONs and still continue to be, otherwise no one would be worried when they get cancer, if the cure is so great.

anyway im done with this rubbish and people like you trying to stir me. i have had cancer and am trying to help people. if youre not interested or a skeptic; why come on this thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
wow, ..... the replies to this thread really worry me.

i cant believe so many people can be so blind. but i guess you are entitled to your opinions. i can only try to spread the information.

Blind about what exactly? Did you actually read beyond the first paragraph and look at the linked article which Phage was nice enough to quote in his reply?

What worries me is people take an out of context section and treat it like the holy grail or something THEN use it to direct themselves and far worse others in what they feel is right.

Okay so chemo, radiation et al can cause a potiential for more cancer down the road. Skip the treatment and die of the primary cancer? Ill take my chances with treatment than the 100% chance of death without in most cases.

[edit on 10/28/09 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

yeah and what about the millions who have died after having chemotherapy and conventional treatment. and there have been MILLIONs and still continue to be, otherwise no one would be worried when they get cancer, if the cure is so great.

You are missing a fairly serous point: CANCER KILLS YOU!

If you can beat it, you are one of the lucky few...it ain't an infection...l'il bit of penicillin fix that right up...

No, it is pernicious and it KILLS you. You don't die from the radical treatment...you die because it didn't work. Sure...maybe you are too weak to handle the chemo or radiation, but the cancer would have killed you anyway.

Capiche?

Further, you are pumping your opinion here...a safe bet because you are not commencing a slow death from cancer...right now, anyway. Chances are you will.

Get back to us then, OK?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago and had radiotherapy as treatment.
I have now been informed that it didn't work and next week i have to have a MRI and bone scan.
If it has escaped the prostate then there is not much they can do, but hopefully it hasn't and i will once again have intense radiotherapy treatment to kill it for good.
So although it did not work the first time i hope it will the next.
I would rather have it than not....

Oh, and being a christian guy many people are praying also.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by jon1]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
I was diagnosed with prostate cancer two years ago and had radiotherapy as treatment.
I have now been informed that it didn't work and next week i have to have a MRI and bone scan.
If it has escaped the prostate then there is not much they can do, but hopefully it hasn't and i will once again have intense radiotherapy treatment to kill it for good. So although it did not work the first time i hope it will the next.
I would rather have it than not....
Oh, and being a christian guy many people are praying also.

I sincerely hope that your second shot takes care of things. While I do not proscribe ignoring standard therapy as a primary attack, I do believe in using the tools at hand. You might consider consulting a naturopath to see how complementary medicine might ameliorate any secondary effects of the radiotherapy upon you. u2u me if I can help...my thoughts are with you.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
There are way better cures for cancer than chemo...look into AHCC, what they use in Japan. Goji Juice is another alternative with huge benefits. Dont forget the really cheap option the drug companies cant make a dime on so they wont research...I think its called DCA.

I cant recall the exact number but a rediculous number of oncologists would NOT allow themselves or their families to undergo chemo...I'll try to find it.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon
There are way better cures for cancer than chemo...look into AHCC, what they use in Japan. Goji Juice is another alternative with huge benefits. Dont forget the really cheap option the drug companies cant make a dime on so they wont research...I think its called DCA.
I cant recall the exact number but a rediculous number of oncologists would NOT allow themselves or their families to undergo chemo...I'll try to find it.

There is a very interesting phenomeon at work here...one that I have observed before, and others have commented upon as well. Simply, that you have cancer survivors here offering first-person discussion of their cures through standard oncological therapies. Yet folks put more stock in what 'some guy on the net' has to say...no matter what that person's agenda (or what miracle cure they just happen to be selling).

The cost is that some folks will die through the use of alternative therapies because they didn't use standard methods when those could have provided the best hope of survival. That, to me, verges on criminal.

I have asked for quite some time that if any member of ATS has cured themselves...two important words here...CURED and THEMSELVES through the use of alternative therapies, please pipe up. For interest's sake. And be prepared to produce the paperwork as well, please.

Not yer mum, nor yer sis or yer dog...yerself.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Study shows CHEMO and radiation cause cancer to SPREAD

Just briefly, I've lost my mother-in-law and my brother to cancer over the last two years. In both cases, it was my layman's observation that with increased chemo and radiation therapy came a worsening of their conditions.

My brother's cancer physician, finally when cornered by his wife, mother and myself, admitted that the latest series of chemo had appeared to have been counterproductive.

He, my brother, passed away within two weeks of that conference.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

i am so sorry to hear that.

I wish you and your family all the best.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

in my opinion doctors have a legal duty to inform patients of this TGF mechanism and the risks it carries before starting such a risky and potentially fatal treatment as chemo. i can see medical negligence claims in this. i can also see on in my doctor's failure to inform me of a study that showed docetaxel conferred no additional benefits re: survival time on patients treated with the other drugs i was given. and also that in lab tests the other drug i was given 5 flouricil was less effective at killing cancer cells than wakame seaweed.

[edit on 3-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 3-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I would belive it, my Aunty had chemo radiation for her cancer 8 months ago and just last month she discovered she had tumors in her head because the cancer spread, now the tumors have been removed and she will have to learn how to walk and all that stuff that our parents taught us as we were younger.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

You are missing a fairly serous point: CANCER KILLS YOU!

re: 'You WILL die"...

well you are really an a....hole arent you? telling me im gonna die of cancer hey? refrain from posting any further on my thread and you can take this post as an official complaint about your conduct on this forum.

and regarding your assertion that cancer kills you, the whole point is, according to many people, no it doesnt.

many people assert that cancer can be CURED with correct diet, herbs and supplements. i have posted other threads about this. in addition there are numerous accounts that are not allowed to be publicised regarding successful treatments of brain tumours (a cure after 6 months) and breast cancer after using chinese medicine and diet. my chinese doctor has a patient who like me had cancer in both breasts which had gone into her lymph system. she took his advice refused a double mascetomy and normal treatment, and is still alive 8 years later.

fyi: if i DO die, itll probly be down to the effects of chemo which have screwed up my system and side effects can include heart failure years down the track. why that young girl on the news lately has to have a heart transplant after chemo in her youth.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join