It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No True Christian has ever been abducted by Aliens! Right?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gsuboy

Paul said....If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

Paul went on to describe the nature of true Christian love in this beautiful passage:

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end... And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13)

We all in the same boat right?

OT

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker
reply to post by gsuboy

Paul said....If I speak in the tongues of mortals and of angels, but do not have love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:1-3)

Paul went on to describe the nature of true Christian love in this beautiful passage:

Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end... And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love. (NRSV, 1 Corinthians 13:4-8, 13)

We all in the same boat right?

OT

I agree. I personally don't think being gay is wrong. But you seem to be a literalist (as in believing word for word what is in the bible) so I was curious what your beliefs were about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gsuboy

My SouthEast-er!

You are messing with me...

That's OK tho...

you gonna learn something here

OT is a LITERALIST!!!!!!! No doubt, pls print this for your college professor/DOE ur are doing.

Yes, I believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the scriptures, in their original language...

SOOOOO...the issue is the weight of the percieved OPPOSING verses...just because JESUS WEPT in the NT, should I weep?

Google 'hermaneutics' bro...what's the difference between interpretation and application?

As you get older you see, just like America's most prolific inventer, GWC said, ""Without my Savior, I am nothing. I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station,
through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in. God is going to reveal to us things he never revealed before if we put our hands in his. No books ever go into my laboratory, a thing I am to do and the way of doing it are revealed me."

OT

PS: No comment on the vid? again

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Old Thinker, you should consider politics. ....

My mom, back in the day said LAWYER!

What you doing friend?

Just talked to a co-worker today from ARK...

we re-called how Pres. Clinton lost the Govn's election, way back, on a Tues..............

and was in the front row of the televised Ark. Baptist Church choir that next Sunday...wow, what a smart liberal, huh?

OSU kicked PSU Sunday, u c that?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I think the video is not hateful. But I don't think it really says anything other than love each other. One thing I found interesting was he said, "Once you get rid of all the sin in your life, then look at other people's sin." But--none of us can ever fully get rid of our own sin. We are sinning all the time. Even with our thoughts.

I think that it is silly to believe word-for-word what the bible says. If books in the bible, such as corinthians, are nothing more than letters that someone wrote, how do you know that they know what they are talking about? I am asking you to break away from the "stigma" of the idea of the "Holy Bible" and question how you know that certain writers in this book know what they are talking about. They are humans just like us. How can we treat their word as completely divine? Surely not because it is simply published in a book, right?

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gsuboy

because it is ILLOGICAL to not believe....

see... www.abovetopsecret.com...

additional:

Trilemma

In a much-cited passage in the book Mere Christianity, Lewis challenged the increasingly popular view that Jesus, although a great moral teacher, was not God. He argued that Jesus made several implicit claims to divinity, which would logically exclude this:

I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: 'I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept his claim to be God.' That is the one thing we must not say. A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to. (Lewis 1952, p. 43)

This appeared at a time when scholars such as Albert Schweitzer and Rudolf Bultmann had portrayed Jesus' miracles and resurrection as myths. The concept that Jesus was not God but a wise man had gained ground in academic circles. In accepting the premise that Jesus had claimed divinity, Lewis was contradicting a viewpoint, popularized by H. G. Wells in his Outline of History, that Jesus had made no such claim.[citation needed]

This argument, which Lewis did not invent but developed and popularised, is sometimes referred to as "Lewis's trilemma". It has been used by the Christian apologist Josh McDowell in his book More Than a Carpenter (McDowell 2001). Although widely repeated in Christian apologetic literature, it has been largely ignored by professional theologians and biblical scholars.[29]

Lewis's Christian apologetics, and this argument in particular, have been criticized. Philosopher John Beversluis described Lewis's arguments as "textually careless and theologically unreliable".[30] John Hick states that New Testament scholars do not today support the view that Jesus claimed to be God.[31] The Anglican bishop N. T. Wright commented that the 'trilemma' argument "doesn't work as history, and it backfires dangerously when historical critics question his reading of the Gospels."[32]

Lewis used a similar structure in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, when Digory Kirke advises the young heroes that their sister's claims of a magical world must logically be taken as either lies, madness, or truth.[28]

more: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 10 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy
.......But I don't think it really says anything other than love each other. .....

Is there anything more?

Would anyone disagree that LOVE is not the answer?

remember, JC said, thru Matthew, in ch.25...

verse....31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

let him who has ears...........hear.....any listeners...listening?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

.......But I don't think it really says anything other than love each other. .....

Is there anything more?

verse....31“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. 32All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37“Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

41“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44“They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45“He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

I love that passage. I find it very interesting that he doesn't include "Oh, yes you are straight, go into heaven."
I don't think God created us to live by nit-picky rules. Nit-picky rules are a control mechanism and if he wanted to control us he'd just take away our free will. No, instead I believe in a God that rule is love. Everything follows once you have love. :-)

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
How can you call someone ignorant of the facts when you yourself are ignorant? You believe everything you read in a book that was written by man. How blissful your life must be...

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
How can you call someone ignorant of the facts when you yourself are ignorant? You believe everything you read in a book that was written by man. How blissful your life must be...

Firstly, who are you talking to.

Secondly, I think the currently active posters on this thread have substantiated that they do not necessarily believe word for word the text in the compilation of the Bible to be divine. If you read ANY of my posts at all you would see that I question the motivations for the authors of the letters, such as Paul, and believe we should not take it out of context and not treat it as sacred, since he is just a human.

And thirdly, ok no I'm not going down that road.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Jesus was the only true Christian. I have learned that many most sects of Christianity condem the other sects to hell because they worship differently.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
Jesus was the only true Christian. I have learned that many most sects of Christianity condem the other sects to hell because they worship differently.

what bout paul, peter, etc?

granted, there are some idiots out there in church

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Is there anything more?

not me, all you did was regurgitate some dogma which seems
to be all you know.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

reply to post by OldThinker

I think the video is not hateful. But I don't think it really says anything other than love each other. One thing I found interesting was he said, "Once you get rid of all the sin in your life, then look at other people's sin." But--none of us can ever fully get rid of our own sin. We are sinning all the time. Even with our thoughts.

I think that it is silly to believe word-for-word what the bible says. If books in the bible, such as corinthians, are nothing more than letters that someone wrote, how do you know that they know what they are talking about? I am asking you to break away from the "stigma" of the idea of the "Holy Bible" and question how you know that certain writers in this book know what they are talking about. They are humans just like us. How can we treat their word as completely divine? Surely not because it is simply published in a book, right?

Thinking is not a sin, it's only a sin for christians who can't think for themselves and are dictated to think a certain way.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think that as a Christian and as an abductee that God can use me to witness to other abductees. That would appear to be God'd plan for me. After all I've been there with them and that must make the Gospel more relevant.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin

its not bad!

btw, who did l call ignorant?

also have u studied the reliability of the bible?

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

why ru soo hateful friend?

ot

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circle
I think that as a Christian and as an abductee that God can use me to witness to other abductees. That would appear to be God'd plan for me. After all I've been there with them and that must make the Gospel more relevant.

Circle, can you provide some more insight into the above statement, when were you abducted? etc? etc?

Thx!

OT

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I am a Christian.

I also believe in the possible existence of Aliens. Why God would only make mankind and not beings on other planets in this Big universe is simply a very self centered view. It makes no since in what we know from the Bible and the world about us about the character of God. With seemingly infinite diversity of life and the fact that life will take hold where ever it has the chance to believe otherwise is foolishness. Science has determined that as many as 80 thousand earth type worlds in our galaxy alone may support life. And that would be humanoid type life because of how humaniods develop in an earth type world. There may still be yet other types of beings that can develop on other types of worlds.

You cannot say that True Christians cannot believe in aliens. I believe some peoples experiences with aliens may really be demons and vice versa.

You will know them by their fruits. A man who is really human and just a bad man is not a demon even though he displays fruits of an evil person.

This can be applied to aliens also. I do not believe you can claim that all aliens are demons or that they are evil.

I do believe the Bible teaches that demons come to us as beings of light, knowledge and are pleasing to the eye.. they are very deceptive. But I do not believe the Bible teaches that all beings not of this world must be demons. This being said, if you meet an alien beware, he could be a demon in disguise. If not a demon he could be simply a person from another world who may like many on earth, just not have a very strong belief in God. This still would not make him evil.

I really don't think we will know until we actually get around to meeting aliens and getting to know what type of people they are. There is also way too much physical evidence out there of aliens and alien craft to make them all demons.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

JP, "Deception" www.thefreedictionary.com...

deception - an illusory feat; considered magical by naive observers
conjuring trick, legerdemain, magic trick, thaumaturgy, magic, conjuration, illusion, trick
performance - the act of presenting a play or a piece of music or other entertainment; "we congratulated him on his performance at the rehearsal"; "an inspired performance of Mozart's C minor concerto"
card trick - a trick performed with playing cards
prestidigitation, sleight of hand - manual dexterity in the execution of tricks

I don't place this word here to be cute or disrespectful, I place it here to ask you a few simple questions...

What other than alien disclosure raises to the level of even the "elect" being decieved? What else could decieve millions?

btw, thx for your lengthy response...

I never said, tho, that true christians cannot believe in aliens...I am saying the OPPOSITE...that being many do/will...but are DECEIVED friend...

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join